Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Tonight's the BIG night!!! Thank Gods the show is back. I just watched season 3 again on DVD while on vacation at my Grandparents house who are deeply Catholic. Funny how Baltar looks like my Grandfather's Jesus statue with that beard. I wonder if that means anything?

Tonight's the BIG night!!! Thank Gods the show is back. I just watched season 3 again on DVD while on vacation at my Grandparents house who are deeply Catholic. Funny how Baltar looks like my Grandfather's Jesus statue with that beard. I wonder if that means anything?

Sing along, everybody!

"Gaius Baltar! Superstar!"

Well..not quite, they are apparently streaming each new episode, Friday at 12 pm Eastern on Scifi's website. It had some commercial breaks in it and everything, and once it was over it was like "thanks come back next week". From what I've read, this feature is only available to those within the US. I will be watching, and tivo-ing and looking for a PC download tonight after it actually airs though :p

Wasn't bad. I wonder if they blew their entire fx budget on that opening sequence, LOL. I'm not quite back into the flow of the show yet, really, and this is the first Battlestar I've seen since the last episode of season three aired.

Yes the opening was surreal, so much lead flying it was like Macross. I can't wait to see the Cylon side of what was going on, seemed like Macross with the good guys not understanding what the other's thinking.

But man Baltar alone justifies this show. The guy is all over the place - now he practically has his own harem! :o Even after all the stuff he's been thru I'd definitely want to be him of any of the crew by far.

well he does get all that time with 6, which justifies wanting to be him in of itself :p.

I'm also very curious about the Cylon side, though the "sneak peek" deal at the end of the ep gave some interesting insight. I can't wait.

After watching tonight's episode, I think you might be on to something there, kaiotheforsaken.

Sometimes Baltar seems like too obvious a choice, but we'll see how the season unfolds.

I know Baltar's been going with the whole "Jesus look" as of late. But after this episode, I'm getting more of a Paul vibe from Baltar's character path, especially if he winds up taking this religious conversion far more seriously.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see how all of this and the other stories unfold throughout this final season.

Definitely dug all the "ironic" scenes with the Hidden Four too!

Much like the previous two season premieres, this one takes the crazy-ass shuffling that goes on in the season finale and shows you that not everything is gonna be easily resolved in the next few episodes.

Good and intriguing stuff all around. And may I say: it's great to have new Galactica eps back on the air!!

SO SAY WE ALL!!

Edited by Mog

good show like that bit at the beginning with Tigh and Adama - Bam!

some guesses as to who is and isnt a Cylon

Rosylen isnt a cylon but has visions b/c of transfusion with Hera's blood and the drug

Baltar's not a prophet he just got lucky with the kid getting better

Kara's a cylon. she died and got reborn in the goo.

What if theres a 13th cylon : there were 13 colonies.

I agree with just about everything you posted except for Kara. I don't think she is. I like your point about Roslyn and the blood. Looks like a lot will be shown about the past when the "Caprica " mini series debuts.

Kara isn't a Cylon. They've stated this like a thousand times. Something else is going on with her.

The thing I love about the Baltar character is that in reality, he's just a weak minded fool. There is truly nothing special about him. He's not a Cylon, he's not some savior, and I think beneath everything he does, he knows this, and it shows. But the fact is without his betrayal, the colonies don't start on their destined journey to earth. He is so very necessary.

I'm still sticking with my "all humans were originally Cylons" theory (that being, humans created Cylons, Cylons become human, and then create more Cylons, etc), and I am beginning to wonder what the "final five" really are. We know Tigh was younger once, he and Adama had a past. Are the final five simply a product of some pre-determined genetic switch that turns on when the time is right? Is it something that has been passed down though the generations? And what is their true purpose? After watching last night's episode and the preview for next week's, I am thinking the final five are there to protect humanity.

Very enjoyable episode. The opening space battle was awesome stuff. If Baltar isn't one of the best characters on tv, then I don't know who is. I loved the scene how he began to' feel' God.

I love the irony of the Cylcons and their one true god, persecuting the humans and their many gods angle.

I agree with you Duke, I don't think Kara is a cylon. She would be too obvious a choice.

Good episode. This is a fine opening to season 4. There's plenty of tense drama and the action was fantastic. Starbuck being a Cylon is way too obvious to be true, IMO. I really liked Tigh's waking dream at command and control. It was very creepy. And dear Gaius; the guy has more harems than dedicated anime :)

It's great to finally see BSG back in action.

I strongly disagree with Thrace being a Cylon. She's special no doubt, but negative on a Cylon. In my opinion, her entire experience as a character becomes invalid if she winds up being the 5th. Also, I think the fact that she dies, and comes back is a very obvious ploy at misdirecting us from the 12th model. The significant 7 resurrect, so why not the 5? I just think Kara is too obvious, even more obvious than Baltar appears at times. I would agree Rosalyn isn't either, though I believe there is more to her than what we've seen so far.

I'm dying to see how this all plays out. What the Cylon truely are, their relationship to us, and the significance of the Final 5 are on the top of my "want to know list".

Well, Moore is making it sound like there is no cure for Rosalyn's cancer this time, she is going to die.

Which brings back the prophecy about a dying leader leading them to Earth...if they turn around and listen to Kara it seems. :lol:

Here's one from AICN:

“I can’t believe they’re not making the background actors sign confidentiality agreements,” “Battlestar Galactica” star Katee Sackhoff told KUFO-FM’s Cort and Fatboy on Friday in her first season-four interview with the Oregon radio duo.

“I guarantee you right now Herc at AintItCoolNews.com is contacting everyone he knows in Vancouver,” Fatboy replied excitedly. “Anyone who has set foot on a set he is talking to right now.”

As it happens I think the only person I know in Vancouver is “Galactica” producer David Eick; he told me last summer (SPOILER!!) they don’t get to Earth until the finale. But all background players in British Columbia and Greater Seattle are encouraged to make note of my email address: herculesaicn@yahoo.com.

Other things to learn from the 27-minute chat:

* Sackhoff offers another update on what she thinks of Ain’t It Cool.

* She just got the script to 4.16 and says the series finale will probably shoot well into July.

* “In Battlestar fashion, not everyone’s gonna make it.”

* “I didn’t know 'Battlestar' Could Go Darker.”

* While the background actors apparently have free rein, the foreground actors are being kept more in the dark than ever this season.

* Bill Adama choking Kara Thrace this season was all Edward James Olmos’ idea.

* A horrific ‘Bionic Woman’ mishap was momentarily thought to have placed Sackhoff’s ‘Galactica’ participation in jeopardy.

Really liked last night's episode. Missed a short section when Baltar was sent to that new ship with the women, what was up with them? Were they a religious cult or something?

Really liked last night's episode. Missed a short section when Baltar was sent to that new ship with the women, what was up with them? Were they a religious cult or something?

I don't think that was another ship, if I heard correctly it was some unused area of the Galactica which I think is stretching it a little bit.

How could the crew not know about that area? Haven't they done a head count of all the civilians on board? Hmmm, that's strange, about 30 people disappeared from the civie headcount....

*shrug*

I thought the Raptors with the top mounted missile pods were pretty dope

Edited by chowyunskinny

Just watched it on Scifi.com. I think about half the episode I had goosebumps from all the orgasmic visuals as well as the fact that THIS IS SEASON 4!!!

What a great episode!!

I agree with Chowyunskinny, the raptors with the missle racks were pure dope. Nice to also see a clean viper again. They really went all out on the effects for the intro. I'm still in awe.

All I need to see now is the preview for next weeks episode.

Here's one from AICN:

*snip*

That's how many NDA contracts the studio has to have signed just for extras????? Extras are just suppose to show up, get into costume and move according to the director. That's all they do. They don't see a script, they just show up. :rolleyes:

I think the final five are are the "Beings of Light" from the original series. They had the ability to make Colonial stuff white and shiney in the 70's. And they could resurrect the dead as well. I thought RM said he would love to visit that story thread in the new series if he could make it fit.

After watching ther episode, a few thoughts...

- Those were the best effects I've seen on the show by far, watching on high-res dvd will be spectacular. It was great seeing Anders in a Viper making nugget mistakes rather than being a natural pilot.

- As to Gauis' religiosity, I'm starting to think he may have gotten a clue this time. For once in his life, he thought of another person before himself. He wasn't coerced into asking the former Circle member to spare his groupie, he actually put her ahead of himself. But of course, being Baltar, his egotism/libido will no doubt get him into very hot water soon enough, what with the "feeling of God's presence" among his followers.

- Kara may not be back, but Starbuck definitely is. There is more of S1 Starbuck in this person, rather than the Kara we've seen from "Scar" on. She seems so carefree, its hard to imagine this was the same person at her mother's deathbed only a few episodes ago. Someone else noted that we haven't seen her bare arm with Anders' wedding tattoo, so maybe this isn't the exact same person we knew. I'm in the 'not a Cylon' camp, butsomething isn't right with her...

Fatalist: There appears to be trouble brewing among the Cylon, with talks of having the Raiders' lobotomized. And we have a new 6 model to be wary of...

I'm gonna have to go with some Dark Horses for my guesses on who the 5th Cylon is.

1. Tom Zarek

2. I think it would be funny, and kinda cool if it was Dirk Benedict somehow. With it being the Final season, it's his last chance to suck up his pride and try to finally jump on that bandwagon and make his name barely relevant again. Nobody took fools for their Duckets like the OG Starbuck :lol:

Honestly, dark is where I like to see things go. This show has never been flowers and gumdrops. For lack of a better term, I want some jaw dropping stuff to happen this season.

Despite my fanatical love for the new BSG, my knowledge of the oldschool one is very limited. However, the beings of light thing with regards to the 5, seems possible, at least in part. I mean, heck look at how they are portrayed in the Opera House sequences. From what I do remember of old BSG, it was kinda campy, and didn't take itself all that seriously. As long as they keep doing what they are doing on the new BSG though, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Edit: Zarek came to mind as a potential Cylon, but honestly he's even more minor than D. Tori and Anders, at least so far, have been relatively minor, albeit important, characters thus far.

Also, I hope I'm not coming off as some kind of elitist countering everyones ideas. I'm trying to be objective and not come off like a jerk, apologies though if I am.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

well to counter your counter,

I think Zarek has played a far major role than Tori or Anders thus far

If I remember correctly, it was him who planted the idea of settling New Caprica to Baltar.

It was also him that appointed Roslyn as Vice President and then relinquished the Presidency to her by stepping down.

Settling new Caprica was pretty pivotal in establishing the Resistance who's major players turned out to be 4 of the Final 5

And putting the prophetic dying leader who'll lead the fleet to earth back into power is not minor at all.

Advantage....

Zarek

Edited by chowyunskinny

And I must make a note that if D was the 5th, then why didnt she hear the music along with the other 4? Zarek makes sense in that he's not on the Galactica, and therefore wouldnt have met up with the other 4. He has been pretty absent as of late as well. Pretty much ever since he warned Roslyn about Baltars trial.

I'm going with Zarek.

Edited by Fatalist