Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Graham thats the strange thing about Amazon sometimes. It's a global company yet not when it come to stock and already released products. I can order from Amazon JP but the same product is not on Amazon GB yet the product can be sent from JP go figure.

Full size pic courtesy of Mania.com: (link)

_11996726792124.jpg

Here are someof RDM's comments:

-There's a missing person (slot) at #10 on the left hand side

-The new version of Number Six is on the left behind Roslin pointing to someone.

-Starbuck and Anders are getting cozy near the center while everyone else ignores them.

-#7 really likes that knife...

-Sharon and Helo are giving someone the evil eye (Moore: “the person they’re looking at is definitely reacting.”)

Should be in stores this week.

Some thoughts (spoilers)

-Helo and Sharon are looking at Natalie, I think.

-Anders and Starbuck...Anders may be embracing Starbuck, but she doesn't look like she's turning him down either, i.e. it might not be as complicated as the article says.

-Chief might be staring at the knife, but perhaps it's more to the idea that he's more suicidal, considering he knows he's a Cylon.

-So does Baltar think he's one of the Disciples if Baltar-Six is Jesus?

-Still trying to figure the missing person

I think the missing person could be either:

1) Dee (sp?), she should be sitting by Lee, right?

2) The fourth cylon revealed at the end of season 3

The article also mentioned that Tigh might be literally turning a blind eye; I would assume his loyalty.

I'm going to go with Dee or Gaeta. I still can't forget the Season 1 finale when Boomer returns to the Galactica and Gaeta is the first person to greet her and shakes her hand in a way that makes it look like he is handing her something. Now, Boomer would probably have her own gun, but that scene has always thrown me off.

I don't know if anyone else has the actual issue, but to me Helo and Sharon seem to be looking at two different people. Helo's eyes are aimed high, and could be looking at Six or Natalie (Normal-hair Six on the end), but Sharon seems to be looking at Rosyln.

It could be that Tricia Helfer was present for the group photoshoot as Natalie and Red Dress Six was shot later, so without an actual person to stare at, they ended up staring at different spots.

It makes sense that sharon would be staring at Roslyn though, doesn't she blame her for taking away their baby still?

IIRC, Sharon and Roslyn were running after Hera during Roslyn's last hallucination. I think Sharon and Helo are looking at

Natalie and she's pointing them out

Something else I noticed, could be a minor thing, but I kinda doubt it. Everyone else has normal water glasses next to them, but goblets are in front of Roslyn (smaller goblet on fire), Tigh, missing person, and Lee, who has both goblet and glass. Also they specifically cropped the pics to show the goblets/glasses/books in each zoom....

Ahhhh, the absence of Dee in that photo now makes sense of Leoben's cryptic statement to Roslin earlier in the series that 'Adama is a Cylon'. (This foreshadowing makes sense within the series when you consider the prophetic vision driving the Cylons).

Dee is now married to Lee, hence she is now an Adama... thus she is likely the remaining Cylon...just you wait 'n' see! B))

Edited by Amped

This is kind of a dvd related question, but in the HD DVD set (or blu ray, did they release one of those?), how many episodes do they fit on a single disc? I'm used to knowing how to gauge how many discs are in a typical tv season set, but now with the hi def formats, I have to rethink that.

I think I remember 3 episodes per HD-DVD.

Disc 1 had part 1 of the mini series

and Disc 2 had part 2 and episode 1.

I remember the rest having 3 episodes each. I returned my set because disc 4 was defective so I can't say with certainty.

Ahhhh, the absence of Dee in that photo now makes sense of Leoben's cryptic statement to Roslin earlier in the series that 'Adama is a Cylon'. (This foreshadowing makes sense within the series when you consider the prophetic vision driving the Cylons).

Dee is now married to Lee, hence she is now an Adama... thus she is likely the remaining Cylon...just you wait 'n' see! B))

While a fair theory, I would have to disagree. Considering the lack of knowledge of the identities of the the final 5 to the significant 7 I doubt this is the case. While Leoben's ability to see things is quite remarkable, his knowledge of the final Cylon would essentially violate everything we have been told about the 7 in relation to the 5. Additionally, Leoben is incredibly cunning and, as Admiral Adama says, "He mixes lies with truth". I think his comment to Rosalin in S1 is just that, a tactic to spread doubt and fear amongst the higher ups of the fleet.

That being said, apparently there are little hints sprinkled throughout the show so far, that hint to the identity of the final Cylon, so I could certainly see where your theory comes from.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

• 4 weeks later...
Baltar would make for an interesting final Cylon, especially with his ability to use projection and such. IMO however, like Thrace, it's almost too obvious.

They said the 5th and final Cylon once revealed would only seem obvious and would also really make sense considering their past from the beginning of the show.

The 5th cylon is going to be.....

wait for it....

Boxey!

He's gonna be like that student in the movie Summer School that asks permission to go to the bathroom at the beginning of the movie.

Then you never see him again until he shows up for the final exam :lol:

That would at least make him the most unexpected, as we know squat didly about what he has been up too since episode 3 in series 1.

So, I still haven't seen Razor. I don't expect Sci-Fi will re-run it anytime soon, and I refuse to rent. I gotta say, I feel totally out of the loop witht he show now, and my interest certainly has waned a little.

So, I still haven't seen Razor. I don't expect Sci-Fi will re-run it anytime soon, and I refuse to rent. I gotta say, I feel totally out of the loop witht he show now, and my interest certainly has waned a little.

If you don't mind being spolied, read the Razor entry in Television Without Pity. It has a detailed summary of the episode (underlining references to past events events in the series), so it will be enough to put you up to date. Although if I were you, I'd get a friend to buy or rent the Extended Edition, extra background for Cain and Adama, and the action scenes of the First Cylon War and the extended attack on the shipyards in it are simply spectacular.

I did facepalm during the "By your command" moment, though. Nostalgia gets even the best among us sometimes.

Nah. It seems to me that a lot of the things you're claiming as "we know this" or " we know that" seem to actually be conjecture on your part, or unproven theories not solidified by the creators. At least I remember them differently (and we've been re-watching the series since mid-fall, usually 2-3 eps a night with a week or two off around holidays, so its still fairly fresh).

Interesting thoughts, but I think you're waaaay off in regards to the relationship between the Final Five and the Significant Seven.

Good work, anyhow. Battlestar rocks.

Edited by the white drew carey

It seems to me that a lot of the things you're claiming as "we know this" or " we know that" seem to actually be conjecture on your part, or unproven theories not solidified by the creators.
Well, the whole thing is titled a "theory," but where do you see the parts where I state "we know this or that" and are contradicted by the show?

Well, the whole thing is titled a "theory," but where do you see the parts where I state "we know this or that" and are contradicted by the show?

I never said that they were contradicted. Only that some of the things you state in fairly solidly manner but, IIRC, have never been confirmed (the one example that comes to mind off hand is how Boomer infiltrated the military).

I think the significance of the Final Five is more important then the recent schism your theory predicts. I think its something a bit larger than that.

Anyhow, like I said: Good work. Lots of research, but I simply can't subscribe to your theory at this time.