Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever, I hope they don't blow this.

Being skeptical didnt some one once say something similar about Farscape... Only to have it canned a few weks later.

• 3 weeks later...

That really bums me out because, honestly, this show is much, MUCH, better that almost anything else EVER put on TV.

At least Sci-Fi is showing enough respect for it to let them end it out with a full season.

What I don't get is that, sure, this show doesn't get a lot of viewers, but it's DVDs sell like hotcakes. The rankings on Amazon have slipped a bit (Everything is around the 500 ranking except for the miniseries, which is out near 2000), but over Christmas all of the DVD sets fluctuated within the top 100, usually near the top 50. That's gotta bring in a lot of money!

In a way, I'm glad they're only going for a 4 season series. At least, they won't be running this one to the ground trying to cash in on it as much as possible, unlike so many series out there.

Yeah. It's good that there is a plan to end it, but it still stinks because very good shows are hard to come by and when BSG leaves there air, there will be a void that is going to be very, very hard to fill.

Part of me is bummed by this news. But part of me is hoping for the best next season.

Here's hoping that next season will be all killer and no filler!

Depends on how you define it. To me, it jumped the shark as soon as Apollo and Starbuck hooked up.

Not attacking you, just curious how the 2 of them hooking up jumped the shark for you. They set up that possability for the two of them in the miniseries, then again in S1 and S2. I can understand not liking it but, how is something jumping the shark when it was built into the show at it's conception. :)

Chris

Not attacking you, just curious how the 2 of them hooking up jumped the shark for you. They set up that possability for the two of them in the miniseries, then again in S1 and S2. I can understand not liking it but, how is something jumping the shark when it was built into the show at it's conception. :)

Because hooking up (even temporarily) the male and female leads of the show is one of the most boring and over-used plot devices that Hollyweird has, and it irritates me to no end. As soon as it was announced that Starbuck was going to be a woman, I knew that she and Apollo would get it on. Same thing with Adama Sr. and the President. Saw both of those coming from a mile away and the show didn't disappoint in delivering it.

Now, BSG is hardly the only transgressor in this matter. Stargate SG-1 is by far the worst for that in recent sci-fi shows, and I even like that show! It got so bad that I refuse to buy Season 8 on DVD, even if it means having an incomplete collection. I hope and pray that Stargate Atlantis (my other favourite show) doesn't follow that same well-trod path.

Edited by CoryHolmes

That really bums me out because, honestly, this show is much, MUCH, better that almost anything else EVER put on TV.

At least Sci-Fi is showing enough respect for it to let them end it out with a full season.

What I don't get is that, sure, this show doesn't get a lot of viewers, but it's DVDs sell like hotcakes. The rankings on Amazon have slipped a bit (Everything is around the 500 ranking except for the miniseries, which is out near 2000), but over Christmas all of the DVD sets fluctuated within the top 100, usually near the top 50. That's gotta bring in a lot of money!

Ain't THAT the truth!!!

Edited by Skullsixx

22 episodes left?! Say it ain't so!

Aww, damn i guess i haven't been keeping up with this thread. Although it doesn't really suprise me that much, i can't say that i wish there was still a possiblity of just one more season beyond the 4th. The show has def. had it's share of hiccups, but as most of you have already stated this is just about the best show on TV and it's hard to imagine that it's ending. Ahh i guess i'm just bummed because there's nothing else on TV right now that even comes close to delivering on a fairly consitent basis like BSG does. Maybe by the end of season 4 that'll be different.

You gotta say this for Skiffy: they're consistent.

Invisible Man

Farscape

SG1

Now BSG

Only thing left is Dr. Who.

My money is on Who lasting another season, before getting cancelled in favor of Mansquito the Series.

One of these things doesn't belong...

Dr Who is a BRITTISH production. Talk to BBC about it. Skiffy only shows it out of convenience.

Invisible Man

Farscape

SG1

Now BSG

My money is on Who lasting another season, before getting cancelled in favor of Mansquito the Series.

Not like they just pulled the plug on BSG. It still is their highest rated show, and certainly their most acclaimed ever.

Edited by Gaijin

Invisible Man

Farscape

SG1

Now BSG

Well he is PART right In that RTD is ending Who after next year the BASTARD!!!!

So whats next for thre remake mill

Knight Rider

The A Team

or how about the Fall guy

Personally I`d love to see Buck Rogers more gritty no campyness and all upto date.

It'll be nice to see the old toasters, I do hope we get to see some action there. As far as the Pegasus goes, my thought was always that it turned tail and ran when the fight started, leaving others to die. I guess we'll see.

So whats next for thre remake mill

Knight Rider

The A Team

or how about the Fall guy

Personally I`d love to see Buck Rogers more gritty no campyness and all upto date.

Or... The Bionic Woman, featuring Starbuck in a small role. I believe it hits NBC next fall. I saw trailers on YouTube. Looks pretty cool.