Display stand review

do not disturb

okay i'll have to apologize since i don't know exactly where to write this review since the stands are not a "toy" but i feel an honest review here won't hurt anyone...it'll be more helpful if anything so here goes...

first off, these stands are great and everyone here should pick up a few. its one of those thing everyone wants, but feel it isn't worth the price, which is so not true. all of these stands are great but to those people that wanna more than a few there are some issues regarding the available heights so pay attention and save some time and money.

first, there are certain combinations of heights that don't work well together.

2.5" and 4" stands

4", and 6" stands

neither of these work well cause there just isn't enough clearance between the two heights. if you're planning to display some of your valks in fighter mode w/missles, the valks will practically be touching one another or overlapping in a bad way.

i would suggest going with a 2.5" stands and 6" stands. it'll leave plenty of clearance, and save space overall. i'd pick up a couple of 4" stands just for the different "rod length" allowing you to create a different look and angles but other than that the 4" height is pointless IMO.

also realize that when displaying 1/48's, you're better off with the 6" stands. the 2.5" and 4" stands are only good if you're displaying your 1/48 in fighter mode. you need a 6" stand if you want to display a 1/48 in battroid or gerwalk modes.

rod combinations....this where things get good :)

so all of you should know by now that the stands can be disassembled and reassembled using different sized rods to create odd and unusual angles for your valks/toys. it adds "play value" for a lack of better words to an otherwise "as is" display stand...pretty friggin cool IMO. nuff said!!! B)

square or round bases??? which one to get? :unsure:

the square ones are more stable than the round but it really depends on the angle of the rods more than and overall "balanced weight" than anything else. i haven't had a single problem with the square bases but the round ones are a little less stable IMO.

they're great if you display them, don't touch them, move them or bump them on the round bases. they take up a little less space and perfect for the "anal member" that has to have everything at a right angles, where the round base eliminates this "analism". :p:lol:

personally, i'll stick to the square bases. the rounds are nice but a little sketchy compared to the square.

i'd give these stands a 9 out of 10. B)

i've seen plenty of other diplays stands but nothing that compares to the quality and craftmenship on these.

if you're ordering something for VE or twinmoons, i'd definitely add a couple of these to your orders....you won't be disappointed.

just some things i left out about the stands.

it uses 3 screws to make the rods tighter and/or more loose.

be sure NOT to over tighten the screws. stripping the threads in the acrylic base won't help your cause nor will creating stress cracks on the acrylic plate. be gentle and tighten the screws AFTER you've decide on the position.

also, when setting the rods to any position, be sure to move the rods at the base/bottom of the rod. while the rods in itself are pretty strong, too much torque will break the rod.

i think thats it. :unsure::)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey kick ass review Haterist!! Thanks, i will defintely pick up a few 6"'s for my 1/48's.

My friend however wants some also, but he only has 1/60 Valks.

You recommend 6" for 1/48's in Battroid, but wha about 1/60's?

He said he wants to display his 1/60's in Battroid mode, is is best for him to pick up the 6 inch ones also?

from my experience with these stands, the 1/60 are just hard to pose in general.

i would suggest using 2, 2.5" rods(for the feet) and either 1, 4" or 1, 6" rod(to support the back). you can always go 2, 4" rods and 1, 6" rod as well but as i said, the 1/60's are difficult to pose. :(

honestly, its worth buying atleast 3 stands, 1 of each size, and mix and match the rods and have some fun with them. after you figure out which ones come in handy, just buy more of those.

i bought a bunch of 2.5" stands for 1/60 and 1/72 fighter modes and a couple of extra ones for the rods.

i bought a bunch of 6" stands cause they are the most versatile and a few 4" stands because they more sturdy compared to the 6" stands(depending on how your displaying them) and again for the extra rods.

using various combos of rods, you can create just about any pose....did you see my "flip kick" pic? or my "just shillin mang" pic? its really up to you to see waht you can get away with, its all about balance and leverage so be creative and have fun with it, i know i do. :)

I have to agree with haterist in that your best bet will be to get one of each and mix/match them. I've gotten the 1/60's to pose pretty well with this fashion. With the spares, you can usually figure something out if you're creative (I've got a good 1/48 pose that I should post using 1 stick of each length).

raumax.jpg

Wow that 1/60 max pose is awesome!!!!

If i wanteds to do somehting like that with a 1/48, what is the best combo?

Would it be the exact same, one from each size?

I'm going to forward that pic to my buddy right now who collects the 1/60's!

Thanks haterist and feayraks!!!!

Fan Subs... I imagine you could get that pose using two of the smallest sizes and one of the largest sizes. Here's some more images with a couple of 1/48s. The 1J Max is using three different rod sizes for his 'pose'

148_1.jpg

148_2.jpg

How about a review on those YAMATO stands?

well if they were out, a review would be easier. ;)

from what i've read, its $40+, you have to glue it together, and paint it yourself. it can hold all the valks(1/60, 1/55, 1/48) as well as other mecha?

other than that, theres not too much info on these.

might i suggest you purchase a tripod display stand for $11 a piece. check my sig for the link. you can almost get 4 felxidisplays stands for one of the WAY overpriced yamato stands. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, HATERIST, great review on the Flexidisplay stands! Really helps out a lot, specially for a new and up n' coming buyer like myself! I've got one question, though--I haven't actually seen photo(s) of an FP armored 1/48 on one of these stands. Will the stands be able to accomodate this as well? Thanks for the help! :)

How about a review on those YAMATO stands?

from what i've read, its $40+, you have to glue it together, and paint it yourself. it can hold all the valks(1/60, 1/55, 1/48) as well as other mecha?

other than that, theres not too much info on these.

Two more things to note about Yamato's launch claws/stands, from all the pictures we've seen so far, they won't be able to accomodate the 1/48's gundpod in fighter mode. OTOH, haterists stands can handle the whole she-bang. Also, let's not forget that Yamato's launch claw holds the Valkyries incorrectly. They should be grasping Valkyries from above by their boosters, not from their undersides.

Overall, haterists stands offer flexibility. Not only do Macross toys look great on them, but practically any other toy or model. Somehow, I don't see an A-Wing fighter looking too good on Yamato's launch claw. :p

hey dudes.

sorry i haven't replied...i don't really look down here to often. :p

conner99,

thelonewolf pretty much covered it(thanks dude! :) ) but i'll take some pic when i get home tonight and post them up for ya.

i don't know about the yamato stands?!?!?....is it really worth $50 shipped? i don't think so. eventually places like HLJ will put them on sale/clearance and you'll be able to pick those up at a more reasonable price.

until then, i'll keep rocking my tripod ones. like thelonewolf said, the tripods can be used in any way for just about anything, where as the yamato stand is just for yamato's....minus the gunpod. <_< sorry but thats just ridiculous for $40+. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

wow, after reading my review, i should add that no one should avoid getting the 4" stands. i know i praised the 2.5" and 6" stands but the 4" stands do serve their purpose and a good inbetween stand as far as weights are concerned.

2.5" is the most sturdy and can hold the most amount of weight. if you got something heavy, this is the one to use. the only problem is, its only 2.5" high off the ground, so its not much of a space saver.

4" is pretty sturdy and can hold a decent amount of weight. this was the original flexi-stand so you know it works.

6" is fairly sturdy and can hold a limited amount of weight. this is great for giving your displays a bit of clearance from the rest of your toys, so its a good space saver to maximize your display shelves.

for rod combinations, the skies the limit. go crazy and see what you can come up with.

Edited by haterist

Dude i love these display stands you can use them up side down so the prongs support the underside of the display base it looks pretty cool like a mini display stand for you cms or for anything =)any wasy here is a old school pic of my 1/60s

from Rich

post-591-1162197939_thumb.jpg

Just to chime in about the rod combinations and mixing and matching rod lengths, this is what really sets the flexis apart from all the other display stands out there.

For those of you who want to display your Valks in a dynamic, flyby pose or some crazy, sprawled-out, mid-battle pose, these stands are the best way to go...

[attachmentid=37623]

Can't wait to put the YF-19 on one of these! :wub:

post-3595-1162267167_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

The board usually generates the thumbnails automatically when I upload my pics.

But then again, I'm usually uploading pics directly off my hard drive and onto the message board.

...........After seeing your pics above, I'm reminded that I should pop the X-Wing (the one for the 3.75 inch figures) onto a flexi and take a few snapshots.

• 1 month later...

nice, you're probably going to make a killing selling the stands to SW fans, them dudes got way too much money! :D

The way Hasbro is churning out SW vehicles I sure hope we are able to get some of the SW fans interested! I saw a preview of the FlexiDisplay Stand by Rebelscum the other day...wait until you see the Republic Gunship picture using all 3 stands, it is freaking' awesome!

Edited by Los

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...