Anasazi Decals now available through Robographics

Anasazi37

Just in case y'all missed the big announcement over in the Customizing forum, MW member Night Stalker has volunteered his printing services in order to keep my decal and sticker sets in circulation. I am no longer taking orders--everything must go through him. However, I will continue to develop new sets that he will print and ship. For example, the YF-19 set is done and available. I also created a Macross Plus "option" set at the same scale that is based on the 1/72 Hasegawa option set. Here are sample pics of both sets:

IPB Image

IPB Image

There's going to be a slight delay in his ability to get orders shipped due to my being slammed with work and not having enough time to organize and ship him the masters he needs to do the printing. That should be resolved in a few days, though. From what I hear, the list of orders is starting to get long, so if you're looking to buy some sets, you might want to submit an order through his Robographics website so you can get your name in the queue. :D

I wasn't sure if anyone wanted those, so I left them off of the masters. I don't think that adding them would be too hard, but I will have to check. If I can add them, I'll post updated sample pics here and make sure that Night Stalker gets the new masters.

IPB Image

Question though...can you do the Tenjin style UNS Logos with the New Edwards text around them etc?

Would I need to order two sets of the 1/48 Minmay Guards to recreate your Valk with FAST packs in the customs gallery?

Also, realistically, is it even possible for someone who has never applied a decal or attempted a custom, to create something that looks even remotely close to yours? Do you have a guide on which paints to use, techniques, etc for the Minmay Guard (excluding how to apply the decals which i found on the robographics site).

Thanks Anasazi37 & Night Stalker!

Would I need to order two sets of the 1/48 Minmay Guards to recreate your Valk with FAST packs in the customs gallery?

Also, realistically, is it even possible for someone who has never applied a decal or attempted a custom, to create something that looks even remotely close to yours? Do you have a guide on which paints to use, techniques, etc for the Minmay Guard (excluding how to apply the decals which i found on the robographics site).

I am interested in this as well, as this will be my first custom. I've already ordered&paid for one set.

No, there's a special "Strike" version of the Minmay Guard set that you can order. It comes with all of the extra decals you need to cover the FAST Pack and armor sections. I don't normally advertise it's existence because it's not for the faint of heart.

To be completely honest, attempting a Minmay Guard Strike for your first custom is probably not a good idea. I do have a placement guide for the basic Minmay Guard decals, and the paints involved are pretty straightforward, but where you're going to run into challenges is when you start modifying all of the necessary valk parts in order to make sure that they can move past each other during transformation without scraping the paint off. That takes a lot of work and patience. Then there's the whole process of how best to paint the valk. A good place to get advice on how to do the modifications and painting would be the Cusomization forum. The best thing you can do to get started is to buy a damaged 1/48 off of eBay or through a MW member and use it as a practice dummy for part modification, painting, and decal application.

Personally, I cannot wait to get a set from NS to see how they match up... all I need is to wait for the inevitable 0A set I so despoerately need... and Devin, is commision work still going to happen? I'm always buying new kits and happy to pay for your services (or now NS's?)

Nope. It's all conjectural. Hasegawa just likes putting "common US Navy jet markings" with all their Macross kits, and the practice has spread to Yamato valks now, too. (And it is specifically US Navy markings)

I'd go with grey, personally. Don't think I've ever seen a red "no step" on anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Kakizaki is listed, but you can get any name added to the sheet...

And Dev, how's the 0A sheet coming? I haven't heard back from you in a while, but that's not a problem cuz I've got no cash to get the rest of my decals right now anyways :p

Edited by promethuem5

• 2 months later...

Been getting behind doing decals due to 2 reasons. Work has me strained for time, and 2.. waiting for new paper from Micromark. The last batch they sent was total crap. They said they would send another few packs. I waited then got the answer that they haven't gotten it from their supplier.

So during this wait I am getting crabby emails, threatening emails, PMs wanting to know why theirs haven't been here yet and when I PM them to get more details.. they don't respond. To the new one making a claim against me from paypal because I sent them to France and for one reason or another they didn't get them.

So, where do we stand now? This isn't my job. I was only doing this for those that needed them due to their supplier Devon was calling it quits. I thought maybe I could help fill that gap. So if you ordered decals from me and sent your money, you will get them. To those that were patient I thank you and I am glad I could help you fill in the gaps for what you needed. To those that were rude,.. hey from what I read Devon took a little time getting decals too. We both have lives that don't revolve around making you decals. Sorry to say but thats life. I know, I will get slammed now saying I shouldn't offer them for sale if I cannot get them to you fast enough. Sorry I was trying to help you guys out when you had no other place to go. But you're right, I shouldn't! So with that, I say adios and I am calling it quits. I don't need the stress and you can get them from someone else that has the ability to delivery them in 3 days and does that for a living.

If you sent payment, I have your info and new paper came TODAY! Everything will be in the mail within 3 days.

Hmmmm.... Chris, let's chat over email and see where things are. Maybe I can help.

Been getting behind doing decals due to 2 reasons. Work has me strained for time, and 2.. waiting for new paper from Micromark. The last batch they sent was total crap. They said they would send another few packs. I waited then got the answer that they haven't gotten it from their supplier.

So during this wait I am getting crabby emails, threatening emails, PMs wanting to know why theirs haven't been here yet and when I PM them to get more details.. they don't respond. To the new one making a claim against me from paypal because I sent them to France and for one reason or another they didn't get them.

So, where do we stand now? This isn't my job. I was only doing this for those that needed them due to their supplier Devon was calling it quits. I thought maybe I could help fill that gap. So if you ordered decals from me and sent your money, you will get them. To those that were patient I thank you and I am glad I could help you fill in the gaps for what you needed. To those that were rude,.. hey from what I read Devon took a little time getting decals too. We both have lives that don't revolve around making you decals. Sorry to say but thats life. I know, I will get slammed now saying I shouldn't offer them for sale if I cannot get them to you fast enough. Sorry I was trying to help you guys out when you had no other place to go. But you're right, I shouldn't! So with that, I say adios and I am calling it quits. I don't need the stress and you can get them from someone else that has the ability to delivery them in 3 days and does that for a living.

If you sent payment, I have your info and new paper came TODAY! Everything will be in the mail within 3 days.

I have emailed Chris but haven't heard back from him yet. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to decal-related activities these days, but I'm going to think about this for a day or two and see what I can come up with in the way of an alternative outlet for distributing my decals. Look for a post here or in the Toys forum.