YF-19 custom stickers

takatoys

takatoys,

since your the resident sticker expert i got a question for ya. i like cutting my stickers down so theres barely any border left but the problem i'm having is the lack of adhension. with so little surface space left on a small sticker like the tiny triangles right above the upper vents/intakes, how you do get them to stay on? is there some kind of trick to this outside of the obvious?

takatoys,

Ii like cutting my stickers down so theres barely any border left but the problem i'm having is the lack of adhension. with so little surface space left on a small sticker like the tiny triangles right above the upper vents/intakes, how you do get them to stay on? is there some kind of trick to this outside of the obvious?

I also cut the small markings to the very edge. The stickers adhere very well. Even if I miss placing a marking right, I can stick it out and re-apply with no problem. Just make sure the toy is clean of impurities. Sometimes it has a shiny look and looks like there is some demolding agent left on the toy.

Also try to place the markings with the xacto knife avoiding touching the adhesive with your fingers.

I also cut the small markings to the very edge. The stickers adhere very well. Even if I miss placing a marking right, I can stick it out and re-apply with no problem. Just make sure the toy is clean of impurities. Sometimes it has a shiny look and looks like there is some demolding agent left on the toy.

Also try to place the markings with the xacto knife avoiding touching the adhesive with your fingers.

haha, thats what i meant by obvious. :lol::D

with all that in mind, you're telling me all i can really do is hope they just stay on huh?

unfortunately the yamato ones i put on a few days ago are already peeling. :mellow: well not all of them, just the real little ones like the red triangles on the side of the fuselage. maybe i should opted to pick up a set of your stickers cause these yamato ones suck the sweat off a rhino nuts.

What do you recommend cleaning the Valk with before placing the decals?

Edit: Do you include a guide for the paint can top cut out and the aileron mod with the decals?

rubbing alcohol.

i posted a template for the neck cover is in the yf-19 fix and mod thread in the other section.

its the exact size it suppose to be, all you have do is print it then cut it out.

Thanks Much! I have to order those decals next. My 19 is so plane without them.

The full mod and decals looks too good not to do.

rubbing alcohol.

i posted a template for the neck cover is in the yf-19 fix and mod thread in the other section.

its the exact size it suppose to be, all you have do is print it then cut it out.

• 3 weeks later...

hmm pencils eh? would detailing the panel lines with one of them gundam marker pens be any better?? anyways i'm set to order a couple of the stickers too...did mine halfway with the yamato stickers and really...once you make a mistake of misplacing them there's almost no turning back

haha, thats what i meant by obvious. :lol::D

with all that in mind, you're telling me all i can really do is hope they just stay on huh?

unfortunately the yamato ones i put on a few days ago are already peeling. :mellow: well not all of them, just the real little ones like the red triangles on the side of the fuselage. maybe i should opted to pick up a set of your stickers cause these yamato ones suck the sweat off a rhino nuts.

A top coat will definetelly help to keep the decals/stickers in plce and avoid peeling. I Use Me clear (a big can) an the results are nice.

The prolem with stikers is they are too thick, no matter how good they are they will always show up. They are good for toys but so-so for models.

okay this is the thing, i'll be trying to detail the valk with a pencil. Now i purchased a sealer from an art shop that indicate that it stop smudging on paintings etc. Since it is going to be a pencil has anyone ever used it or heard of it. The spray is called Blair (very low odor) workable matte fixative spray for drawings stops smudging. Anyone ever tried it? Also for those that detailed their valk, did you detail it first then put the decals on? or did you put the decals first the detail it? lmk and any input would be appreciated. thanks

• 5 weeks later...

My apologies for the site malfunction. I will redesign the site with a new look and pictures of the stickers applied with close-ups. It is time to make the site a little bit more fun to watch.

And sorry for not replying emails, my internet provider was upgrading the system and now everything is running well.

My apologies for the site malfunction. I will redesign the site with a new look and pictures of the stickers applied with close-ups. It is time to make the site a little bit more fun to watch.

And sorry for not replying emails, my internet provider was upgrading the system and now everything is running well.

No worries dude, just curious what was up. I look forward to the new site, particularly with pix of the stickers applied with close ups.

So should we re-send the emails or did you get them? I'd really like some of your stickers. :)