YF-19 custom stickers

takatoys

My new YF-19 stickers are ready.

The sheet has a couple of new markings taken from the Tenjin's YF-19 cockpit illustration and the wolfpack markings from the VF-0A sheet.

Price is US$7. To order, follow the instructions on my geocities site (the link is on my signature)

Here is a preview of the sheet and some pictures of the stickers applied to my YF-19

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

That middle shot is just awsome!

My only complaint about the 19 is how plain it looks without as many panel lines as the 1/0 types, So I was holding off on getting one untill I saw the custom marking availiable.

Very nice, you'll be getting an order for these from me around the time my tax return comes in.

Very nice sticker sheet. I'm tempted to buy one for my YF-19, but I have a few questions

How does it hold up to Yamato's sticker sheet?

Does it have a longer life span?

I mean will those eventually peel off in a couple of months like Yamato's stickers usually do ?

Very nice sticker sheet. I'm tempted to buy one for my YF-19, but I have a few questions

I mean will those eventually peel off in a couple of months like Yamato's stickers usually do ?

Without doubt my stickers have a longer life span. The 3M sheet that I use has a 3 year life span if used on exterior.

I've used his stickers on all 3 of my 1/48's and I can say without any hesitation these hands down beat the snot out of the stock Yammie stickers. They're not quite as seamless as using decals, but then again they're nowhere near as fragile and you don't have to deal with multiple clearcoat applications.

If applied correctly, you won't see a hint of peeling even after repeated handling. Be sure to apply them evenly and firmly to prevent any sort of air bubbles from forming, and I've found it helps to apply a hair dryer to them (briefly! ... don't wanna damage your expensive Yammie, now do you?) to really get them to stick.

Great job, Erick ... I can't wait to grab a set. After seeing those pics I have to remember to find a can of spray paint with a black lid for that neck-cover mod. Very nice.

Edited by Batou

I've used his stickers on all 3 of my 1/48's and I can say without any hesitation these hands down beat the snot out of the stock Yammie stickers. They're not quite as seamless as using decals, but then again they're nowhere near as fragile and you don't have to deal with multiple clearcoat applications.

If applied correctly, you won't see a hint of peeling even after repeated handling. Be sure to apply them evenly and firmly to prevent any sort of air bubbles from forming, and I've found it helps to apply a hair dryer to them (briefly! ... don't wanna damage your expensive Yammie, now do you?) to really get them to stick.

Great job, Erick ... I can't wait to grab a set. After seeing those pics I have to remember to find a can of spray paint with a black lid for that neck-cover mod. Very nice.

I didn't realize the neck cover had been modified. How was this done? Is there another thread somewhere where this is discussed?

Edited by sidearmsalpha

I'm totally noob on this... so I hope someone here can answer my questions :D Thanks alot!

1. Does this set of sticker need any special method to apply to the YF-19 to make it looks as good as Takatoys' YF-19?

2. Once applied for a few years, when peeled off, will there be any marks or 'stains' left on the YF-19? I don't have money for 2 19s, so if the old set of sticker starts to peel off or if I wish to change to a new set of sticker on the 19, I wish to know whether they are easy to be peeled off or do they left any marks. :lol:

3. Do "takatoys" have any instructions or guide as to which sticker is for which part of the 19?

Thanks in advance. ^_^

I didn't realize the neck cover had been modified. How was this done? Is there another thread somewhere where this is discussed?

Yes, it has been discussed on another thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...21130&st=36

In short: it's only a small cutout out of a spray can cover Takatoys put on top as a neck cover.

In short: it's only a small cutout out of a spray can cover Takatoys put on top as a neck cover.

Hey, thanks for the link! For some reason, I can't see any pics or avatar in Takatoys' posts with my browser. Are these pics linked to Takatoys' site which might be down?

Edited by sidearmsalpha

hmm...these aren't pre cut??

Seems not, but I don't bother, since I always have recut the Yamato stickers....

It is actually better this way, since recutting can be a pain in the ass if the edge is too small.

I need to update the pictures on the other thread.

This is actually version 2 of the neck cover. It fits very nice. Just cut a piece like this using a flat black spray can cap.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ok, here is the template for the neck cover.

Drag the image to your desktop and print it.

IPB Image

Thanks!

I took a bit of a shortcut, and printed this out on paper, cut it to shape, and it fits perfectly.

[attachmentid=40050]

I don't want to ask you to give up your warez for free or anything, but a version of that template in black with the text of the sticker you have on yours would be really.....REALLY cool :)

post-78-1170196508_thumb.jpg

Wow, the YF-19 without panel lines and stickers is like another toy.

The shoulder fix, neck cover and moving wing flaps make a difference too.

Don't use paper, the flat black spray can cap works really well and it is easy to cut. The neck cover will look like part of the toy