SRW model kits

http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max/galle...ebeinBoxer.html

If you want a Hucky, this might be your best choice. Four stars out of 5, not bad. :D And that is an unpainted kit you see in those pics, in case you wasn't paying attention.

I haven't build mine, but in general, the more recent Kotobukiya SRW kits are pretty good. Very good color separation, and decently nice fitment. Not quite Bandai plastic kit quality, but still pretty nice.

P.S. If you just want just a brand new stand alone Hucky Mk III kit (no Boxer unit) for decently cheap price, I have one for sale. ;)

the more recent Kotobukiya SRW kits are pretty good. Very good color separation, and decently nice fitment. Not quite Bandai plastic kit quality, but still pretty nice.

I recently picked up the weissritter from HLJ and mpchi's comment is pretty much on the dot.

Nice kit, with nice fit and all that jazz. the plastic seemed to require more care in trimming to avoid nasty scars than I'm used to...but that's all I can say negative about it.

Nice fit? Hmm, dunno, I heard from someone currently building it that the parts fit on certain areas is pretty bad. Building the Wildwurger myself now, and gotta agree parts fit isn't all that great, some parts even formed stress marks once snapped together. Admittedly, it's one of the earliest kits anyway. Painting is quite essential for most of the kits though, particularly that new R-1 that came out. I'm expecting even more work on the Daizengar.

Still, if you're a fan, might as well grab some of the kits. I'm definitely picking up Daizengar. :D

Those are the figures that you have to order from Dengeki Hobby magazines/yahoo Japan auctions . . . and a few of them are also orderable on the Volks site. Their price on toy-wave is pretty much how much they go for on some auctions, but their posability isn't what I'd call great from my experience with the Huckies. Then again I only have the Huckebein Mark II and Mark III, so I can't say much outside of those two (that and pics of the Alt figure make it look on par with the kit, unlike the Huckie MKIII).

Speaking of which, I still have yet to get any of the models apart from the Huckebein 008R and 009, and the Wildwurger. The Huckebein is nice, but the joints felt a bit loose (then again it was the first SRW plastic model, and I had the initial run), and I didn't do a great job on those colors . . . the Wildwurger freaking demands glue . . . touching it makes it fall over and fall apart. And my 009 Huckie (aka black hole-less Huckie) is still in the box.

Edited by Wing Commander Chen