FAST Pack Problem/Question

xsjado

So my Stealth FAST packs arrived today. Everything worked wonderfully with the exception of the arms. The holes in the tabs do not line up with the pegs. One side of each arm locks perfectly, but the other side is slightly off. Is there a technique when removing them to prevent stressing the tabs? Also, the hole in the arm FAST pack is not a complete circle and does not really lock in to the leg pegs making for some very droopy arms in fighter mode. Do i have defective packs? The detail in the booklet picture looks completely different than the product I received.

arm packs

[attachmentid=39900]

booklet

[attachmentid=39901]

i need better lighting so the pics will be crisper..but i had some fun anyway

[attachmentid=39902]

[attachmentid=39903]

[attachmentid=39904]

thanks!

post-4723-1169793641_thumb.jpg

post-4723-1169793660_thumb.jpg

post-4723-1169793682_thumb.jpg

post-4723-1169793706_thumb.jpg

post-4723-1169793743_thumb.jpg

Edited by xsjado

Don't have mine in front of me now, but IIRC none of the fast packs have a full circle indent. It makes use of the arm that it attaches to close the circle. The fit isn't perfect, but if placed right it won't droop unless shaken out of place.

Just for the record my Fast Packs are the same as yours.

I think the pictures from the booklet are of the advanced prototype. Yamato and Takara/Hasbro seem to do this a lot. Sometimes you can make out "extra" detail on the pictures that isnt on your Valk or TF. The most anoying thing is when the pictures obviously show that something has a better way of going together or that the prototype is painted and not just crappy colored plastic. The Binaltech/Alternators are great for this as the pictures on the box oftern show chromed or silvered plastic parts but when you get one they are just off grey parts instead.

Yes I think it's standard, mine don't match either, but when they're on, they don't fall off so.... it's not a big deal for me...

Unlike 1/55 FP which fall off on any day of the week with a y in it

Question about the fast packs: when they are equipped, is the tip of the gunpod supposed to be dragging on the ground or am I doing something wrong?

I tend to get that more with the TV fast packs because they don't accomodate the gun as well. The DYRL fast packs work better.

IPB Image

Question about the fast packs: when they are equipped, is the tip of the gunpod supposed to be dragging on the ground or am I doing something wrong?

either the arms aren't complete flush in fighter mode or you got a case of floppy arm syndrome.

if the arms are sitting correctly, you should have ample clearance for the GP.

if you got *floppy arms, theres several ways to fix it.

*its not really that the arms are floppy, but the way they designed the FP arm armor to be held to the inner calf of the valk thats the issue.

as far as my fix for this, it was a bit extreme but it works really well...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...c=7958&st=0