Where can I get a good copy

Necron_99

I bought a copy of DYRL off of ebay, but the dvd quality was HORRIBLE (picture was way too dark, audio sounded muffled) :angry: . anyone know where I can get a good copy? :unsure:

The FX version was the only R0 bootleg you could get of the remastered R2 Bandai release, but dispite all the fraudsters on e-bay (sundevil is the worst), it is out of print and most, if not all who say they have it don't! They have a picture of the FX version or the Bandai release, but never actually stock the dvds...

If torrent sites don't have it, then you may have to get the R2 Bandai version and add the subtitles via Hurin's process, as I've never seen an FX version in over a year now.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=13965

Zinjo's supplier: 89.98 USD = 10,850.86 JPY

Sofmap (in Japan) = 5,200 JPY.

:D

Ok, now add the additional expense of shipping from Japan and any import duties and the prices will become fairly close.

If a person uses a purchasing agent then there are additional costs of commisions, transfer fees, etc...

Edit: Ah well they are out of stock anyway, so this discussion becomes a moot point now...

Edited by Zinjo

Yamato shipping? Send it by surface mail?

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/surface.html

Compare for yourself: http://www.shipping.jp/en/

It won't equal ¥5,000 in shipping costs. Especially if you buy directly from the store, as mentioned above.

Also, there will still be shipping involved with even domestic companies, the difference is that shipping, and the other fees Zinjo mentioned are being payed twice (once from Japan to the domestic retailer, once more from the retailer to you.)

Of course, if one were to travel to Japan, and/or purchase a bunch of other items at the same time...

Edited by sketchley

The FX version was the only R0 bootleg you could get of the remastered R2 Bandai release, but dispite all the fraudsters on e-bay (sundevil is the worst), it is out of print and most, if not all who say they have it don't! They have a picture of the FX version or the Bandai release, but never actually stock the dvds...

Just my 0.02 about sundevil dvd... I bought an Fx set from him (Cowboy Bebop) and it was the real deal, so I guess you just have to ask if it's the right edition before buying (in this case I asked several sellers who used the sale Fx pic if they really had the Fx edition, and sundevil was the only one to answer positively)

Just my 0.02 about sundevil dvd... I bought an Fx set from him (Cowboy Bebop) and it was the real deal, so I guess you just have to ask if it's the right edition before buying (in this case I asked several sellers who used the sale Fx pic if they really had the Fx edition, and sundevil was the only one to answer positively)

Well I too asked before ordering and they sent me the old HK bootleg that's been kicking around forever (I can't remember who made it), When I confronted them with this they vehemently denied I was shipped anything but what they advertised, evnethough I knew what I had in my hand.

Simply put they either are liars or really don't know the difference between the FX version and the regular bootleg.

Bottom line, order at your own risk... <_<

These days unless you are sure about the source don't bother risking your money. You may get a DYRL DVD, but a quality copy like the FX bootleg version is a rare comodity indeed. The FX version has been out of print for over a year and it is doubtful any sellers actually have any.

If you are determined and have a decent computer with a DL DVD Burner and are good at following instructions, get the Bandai release and follow Hurin's instructions on creating your own subtitled version from the original Japanese disc.

Edited by Zinjo

The FX DYRL title is not longer available there.

Click on the "more" link in the "Staff Review by Nozomu" section, it will take you to the page listing it is no longer available.

They have it in stock in their store, I was just there least week :) I have no idea why they list it as out of stock..