25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

http://www.sendspace.com/file/66t7vq someone on the hisstank forums uploaded a cam of the resolute promo footage to sendspace, get it while it's still there... go go go!

and I put it on youtube, YO Joe!

Thanks lord breetai! I was wondering when the heck some footage would surface.

If they can keep the same tone and attitude of this teaser it's gonna be pretty friggin cool.

Nice to not see blue and red lasers in a firefight.

I already think this animated series is gonna be way better than the Live Action movie. I'm just worried Joe will be oversaturated next year with Resolute, the Live Action movie and the new Larry Hama comic from IDW.

Dang, that video is pretty nice. More guns and stabbings than I thought would be shown on a kid property. Is this going to be a direct to DVD thing or will it actually be shown on broadcast tv like Sigma 6? Don't know how censors would allow showing Snake Eyes stabbing a dude.

I'm just worried Joe will be oversaturated next year with Resolute, the Live Action movie and the new Larry Hama comic from IDW.

Personally, I think its great, because G.I. Joe has never recieved that much media attention since the 1980's. When joes were brought back to the mainstream in 2002 the marketing was a failure. They weren't advertised much and when they were, they weren't in proper outlets. This is also why a good number of anniversary collectors hadn't had a joe since the 80's, they simply did not know about the 2002/new sculpt line. With all those tie ins next year we will have a ton of toys, even more so than this year. Hopefully retail will finally wake up and realize its a viable brand. The irony being that high sales from the movie line paves the way for larger vehicles and even more figures for the classic line, but sadly enough, many fans don't want to believe it.

Resolute sounds awesome and I am excited for the toys. Animation looks great but I don't like how Roadblock looks like he just stepped out of Tekkon Kinokreet.

Personally, I think its great, because G.I. Joe has never recieved that much media attention since the 1980's. When joes were brought back to the mainstream in 2002 the marketing was a failure. They weren't advertised much and when they were, they weren't in proper outlets.

dunno about that, I saw pleanty of advertisement for Valour Vs Venom at least and where it should have been (hobby stores thanks to the video game and comics, and kids TV stations that show cartoons) true I only found out about the Devil's Due comic by seeing it on the shelf... but I saw pleanty of adverts for what came after.

sorry double post but... I just want to make sure I understand right. There will be more Docs produced to fill the orders that come in before Aug 31 right? So even though they're all gone I can still get my cards sent in (using a us intermediary) so long as they are post dated by the 31?

I hope so cause I finally filled both of my cards.

dunno about that, I saw pleanty of advertisement for Valour Vs Venom at least and where it should have been (hobby stores thanks to the video game and comics, and kids TV stations that show cartoons) true I only found out about the Devil's Due comic by seeing it on the shelf... but I saw pleanty of adverts for what came after.

Marketing/advertising was nowhere near as good/broad as it should have been. Sure we got ads for the comic packs later on in Toyfare and whatnot, but gvc was a big push at retail, with very little media push. It didn't help that no cartoon was even made til Sigma 6, and the Spystroops/VVV movies were forgettable.

Next year we get a movie, comics, cartoon, and toys for basically everything, Next year will make the joe relaunch in 2002 look bare minimum.

Dang, that video is pretty nice. More guns and stabbings than I thought would be shown on a kid property. Is this going to be a direct to DVD thing or will it actually be shown on broadcast tv like Sigma 6?

I believe they are going to be web only episodes and they are obviously aimed at a more mature audience.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the new HISS, Trouble Bubble, Serpentor Chariot, etc.

HISS driver has a color issue---his helmet doesn't match his uniform at all. While many "medium blue" Cobra figures have a bit of a color matching issue (especially the arms), this one is the worst I've seen. The uniform is very "faded" compared to the rich blue helmet. Pretty much ruins the figure for me (and I really wanted a blue HISS driver).

PS---HISS has all-white markings. I was hoping for red...

Has anyone had a hard time finding the black helmet variant destro two packs. I thought they were supposed to be difficult but the first sets they had in my area were 1 for 1.

HISS driver has a color issue---his helmet doesn't match his uniform at all.

That sucks.

PS---HISS has all-white markings. I was hoping for red...

Me too, red is necessary for Cobra, at least it is for me. The white makes the HISS look boring.

Has anyone had a hard time finding the black helmet variant destro two packs. I thought they were supposed to be difficult but the first sets they had in my area were 1 for 1.

I haven't actively looked yet(more or less stumbled upon the remnants of 1 case on the pegs yesterday), but if they are 1 for 1 that is great news, I want the black helmet since it looks better and sets it apart from my wave 5 IG Destro.

I got the Storm Shadow/Firefly comic pack this week and I am surprised. The gear for both are excellent. After reading the comic and handling the figure, I still wish the shirt was painted on, but don't mind it. With that said, its a great Storm Shadow figure, except for the fit of the lower legs, they are tricky to move. The prototype had Firefly's head sculpt painted in white with a red cobra symbol, since that is accurate to that costume, but the final production figure has the regular Storm Shadow head with cobra symbol, and I can see why now, as the dividing line down the middle also works to divide the painted cobra symbol. The new swords are a welcome addition, as well as the new set of claws.

Firefly is excellent, I like it better than the single packed wave 3 version. This one has better weapons and accessories.

I like the comic(which is surprising since I don't like most of the comics in the new comic packs). Most of the gear and weapons that both of the figures come with are used in the comic(except Storm Shadow's claws), even Storm Shadow's uzi. The way Storm Shadow is written is familiar with how Hama wrote him into the solo book from last year, and the Marvel run. He is one of Hama's favorite characters so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Basically the circles of revenge start coming to a close.

I also bought Ninja Ku, so I can have a generic ninja, and, well, he is a Storm Shadow figure....

Picked up a Snow Serpent, not bad, I like how the missle can be attached to the backpack, a bit big though, some of you may like the slimmer, DTC Snow Serpent better. Found General Hawk, who unfortunately suffers from Duke arm.

Found the Tripwire vs Cobra Commander comic pack. I love the Crimson Guard mold, and this Cobra Commander uses that, with new accessories like a gun/bandolier/holster/cape/sword and scabbard, and is now my favorite Cobra Commander. The comic it came with was corny though, unfortunately(and vastly different from the Storm Shadow comic pack, so what I said about Storm Shadow being one of Hama's favorites may explain things here). Tripwire turned out quite well, his mines fit snug in his backpack, and range of motion is great since its a retool of the Flash mold.

Finally got my BAT. This has to be the best torso articulation of the line, so far. I love all the detail in the arm peices. Thinking I'mg going to modify the backpack to hold the third piece, though.

Really wish I could find the caped Cobra Comander, and the Nemy Enforcer comic packs.

Yes. If you have one, I want one. Actually I need 2-3 as I am helping fellow collectors in my area. They helped me out on getting Wave 7,8, and 9.

I don't really want an other IG Destro, even though I love my carded one. Are the IG's themselves going to be single carded or army packed?

I got a Snow Serpent the other day from Target... it was too awesome of a character design to pass up even if I'm not really a Joe fan. Arctic troopers are fun already, but add in the snow shoes and furry camo parts and I was sold. I don't really get the mortar he comes with, and I really wish the hands were sculpted better on these figures for holding the guns with a trigger finger in the right place... they're alot of fun otherwise.

I actually have one extra black headed destro, but I am holding onto it to see if it's actually worth something. I also have two black suit Cobra Commander Exclusives from SDCC that I am doing the same with. Right now on eBay they are pretty close to normal price so you can probably get one there if you don't want to spend too much.

Is it me or the line is going down the tubes? I have to say wave 9 was the best but noiw it feels like this is the peak of the 25th line and it is slowly going downhill. I mean look at wave 12- it is meh to me. Carded dreadnok Ripper from the cartoon no doubt but I got my dreadnoks from the comic pack. I mean nothing really new just damn repaints. Looking at the sea command 3 pack. Hasbro really screwed up with Cutter. He is just a gung-ho with a shipwreck body. Deep-six is an Ace repaint and Shipwreck is another baroness repaint minus the chest. Oh Leatherneck is a gungho repaint as well with the Brazil colors. I just wish they finish the line with Recondo, Footloose, Ripcord, blowtorch, cover girl, heavy-metal, frostbite, Iceberg, lifeline, Cross Country, Zap, Sci-Fi, Mindbender, Zarana, Zandar, Monkeywrench, Tunnelrat, Chuckles, Jinx, Big Lob and the Renegades.

Is it me or the line is going down the tubes? I have to say wave 9 was the best but noiw it feels like this is the peak of the 25th line and it is slowly going downhill. I mean look at wave 12- it is meh to me. Carded dreadnok Ripper from the cartoon no doubt but I got my dreadnoks from the comic pack. I mean nothing really new just damn repaints. Looking at the sea command 3 pack. Hasbro really screwed up with Cutter. He is just a gung-ho with a shipwreck body. Deep-six is an Ace repaint and Shipwreck is another baroness repaint minus the chest. Oh Leatherneck is a gungho repaint as well with the Brazil colors. I just wish they finish the line with Recondo, Footloose, Ripcord, blowtorch, cover girl, heavy-metal, frostbite, Iceberg, lifeline, Cross Country, Zap, Sci-Fi, Mindbender, Zarana, Zandar, Monkeywrench, Tunnelrat, Chuckles, Jinx, Big Lob and the Renegades.

The bonus wave from last year sucked compared to what we got immediately afterwards. I predict the same for wave 12, wave 13 will probably blow it away. With that said, we have 6 months left of classic joe product left before the launch of the movie line, which is either june or july.