25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

The only upcoming Baroness' I know of are the Mass device scuba one in the box set, and the single card blue suit one, but both are mass market, neither is an exclusive.

hmm... I wonder why the vendors at FnS seem to think there is. One vendor I was talking to got a call and then told me to watch out for a target exclusive baroness. So I don't know what he's talking about because I haven't seen or heard anything about it. So I guess we'll see.

hmm... I wonder why the vendors at FnS seem to think there is. One vendor I was talking to got a call and then told me to watch out for a target exclusive baroness. So I don't know what he's talking about because I haven't seen or heard anything about it. So I guess we'll see.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the single card blue Baroness that is coming out will have a repaint in black as a target exclusive. I don't know if any of you noticed, but that blue Baroness prototype has an identical mold to the battle pack version from last year, but with a retooled fixed crotch. Baroness was not released in wave 4 because they could not fix her crotch at the time. Target tends to get the better Hasbro exclusives, and being that they are getting an exclusive Clone Wars figure, and the first anniversary joe vehicles, I would not be surprised if they got an exclusive Baroness. However this is definitely just a rumor for now, I haven't even heard of such a thing at hisstank yet.

I was looking for a pair of shoes and a light hoodie when I happen to find a Cobra Legion (Black Cobra Commander) set by accident at a Ross: Dress For Less for $11.99. B))

Hmmm... so will the movie toy line consist of more 3 1/2" stuff, or do you guys think we might actually get a 6" line in-line with normal action figures? I'd be tempted to pick up a few if we got Marvel-legends style Joe characters...

Hmmm... so will the movie toy line consist of more 3 1/2" stuff, or do you guys think we might actually get a 6" line in-line with normal action figures? I'd be tempted to pick up a few if we got Marvel-legends style Joe characters...

3-3/4" as usual. Hasbro has said they aren't planning any 6" ML style joes, so I doubt movie ones would come out. Also, some of the anniversary joes are more articulated than some of the 6" ML figures, so in that case, they would be redundant. Hasbro is even making a 3-3/4" Marvel line which will more than likely be like the anniversary joes.

The nightwatch packs and the red ninja packs are just sitting at the TRU here in Santa Maria. Are they easier to find elsewhere yet or still a pain in the ass to get?

Well, I finally caved in and bought my first 25th Ann figure. Wild Weasel. I can't pass up Cobra's ace pilot. I have NO need for Ace at all---anyone want him? Free! Totally free, not even shipping. Otherwise he's going in the garbage. ::edit:: Sold to the first member that PM'd me. :)

Now that I have one figure, I realize I really should have bought Storm Shadow when I saw him a few weeks ago. Will probably never see him again and have to resort to Ebay. (I'm still really waiting for Lackey Vipers, and a B.A.T.)

Wish-list for future figures:

Strato-Vipers (male AND female---I think there are more female Strato-Vipers known than all other Cobra females combined)

Techno-Vipers (because they wear Decepticon colors)

Good job going with Wild Weasel he's one of my most sentimental characters. One that last toys me Grandpa got me was WW. Even now I have 3 classic modes. One is oldest figure from my original collecting days. The new version fixes all of the older vesions proportions. The removeable visor is a nice touch. WW also shares a body mold with Snow Job.

I read about him being a Snow Job repaint, but both he and Wild Bill I believe are actually the "intended" version of their molds, with the first releases actually being the repaint.

1. Snow Job's mold works TOO well for Wild Weasel. It's a Wild Weasel mold IMHO, Snow Job simply was released first.

2. Ace vs Wild Bill. Look at the legs. The mold is Wild Bill.

Question for ordering online: For the earlier figs (I didn't really miss out, I never ever saw them here), will most places have the "fixed" ones, or are they still getting rid of early ones with poor hip/leg articulation? (I need Beach Head, possibly Flint)

PS---we're getting Wild Bill, Ace, Wild Weasel-----but no aircraft of any sort released????

PPS---I hold out hope for a 25th Cobra Moray re-release. They've done it a zillion times the past decade, but I've missed out every time-- awesome toy, best Joe/Cobra toy that's smaller than a plane. IIRC.

As far is I know Flint in his classic uniform didn't come with fixed groin. Maybe his next release the Tiger force colors will come with one.

With Beachhead there is no way knowing which one you will get. You have to look at him in person.

Now that Torpedo's out, anyone think a Cobra Eel can be made from an existing figure. The Eel guys were the best looking figures from the 8s line I had and would like an Eel vs. Torpedo 2-pack.

Gah. Every Cobra I want is only part of a two-pack. I'm going end up giving away or selling half the stuff I buy. First Copper Head, now an Eel. (I am very picky, and not very fond of repaints--I want to own the one, definitive version of a character---which for me is usually cartoon-colors, or Devil's Due at this point)

PS--as my "local" TRU is pretty far away and the worst-stocked in the world it seems when it comes to exclusives, and I usually can only check monthly at best, I'll make my request now for if anyone sees the Cobra Commander/Officer/Trooper 3-pack there. That's the EXACT version of CC I want. (plus I don't have any regular officers or troopers yet, so they'll do nicely).

I think I read somewhere that Hasbro will be releasing a comic pack with a Cobra Eel vs. Torpedo ... so your wish might be granted. Shin would know ..

We will know for sure after the joecon

PS--as my "local" TRU is pretty far away and the worst-stocked in the world it seems when it comes to exclusives, and I usually can only check monthly at best, I'll make my request now for if anyone sees the Cobra Commander/Officer/Trooper 3-pack there. That's the EXACT version of CC I want. (plus I don't have any regular officers or troopers yet, so they'll do nicely).

Try going there on a friday or saturday morning, I am not sure of the exact stock days, but it is one of the 2. If your local store rarely has exclusives, its either that they were not ordered for that particular store, or people are hiding the exclusives elsewhere in the store, preventing them from being re ordered. This is a common problem a lot of people who look for anniversary joes at TRU are running into.

Hmmn. Would this Saturday be good to drive up there, or is it too soon to be likely to find anything? Even for non-exclusive stuff, my TRU is pretty far behind most places.

I would wait a few weeks. The only exclusives showing up are the 5 packs, Cobra Nightwatch and Snake Eyes vs Red Ninjas. The 3 figure officer sets are shipping from the website, but have yet to hit the brick and mortar stores. Even then the joes are sporadic at TRU, every now and then someone finds wave 5 or 6 and the new comic packs. Most of the time, anyone is lucky to find anything. In my area the joes are relegated to such a small section near the endcaps. I can't help but feel that TRU dropped the ball with the anniversary joes. The exclusives are nice but the mass market stuff is hard to find.

Aside from the TRU exclusives, the best places to look for anniversary joes are Target and Walmart. I am noticing now that Target is catching up. I have witnessed more full pegs at Target lately, than at Walmart.

Ebay pics of Wave 8 at Hisstank. I *really* hope that Cobra Commander has a chromed face plate---hard to tell--it's definitely reflecting the light better than other releases, but doesn't IMHO look QUITE enough to actually be chromed. Maybe just "shinier silver paint". http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.p...mp;d=1206927112

Roadblock: I'll wait for a cartoon-colors repaint. (Dark green vest instead of bright lime)

Ebay pics of Wave 8 at Hisstank. I *really* hope that Cobra Commander has a chromed face plate---hard to tell--it's definitely reflecting the light better than other releases, but doesn't IMHO look QUITE enough to actually be chromed. Maybe just "shinier silver paint". http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.p...mp;d=1206927112

Roadblock: I'll wait for a cartoon-colors repaint. (Dark green vest instead of bright lime)

The main dissapointment of that wave is that Major Bludd's robot arm cannot bend at the elbow. The vintage figure did not have a moveable robotic arm either but still, its dissapointing. I hope we get another Major Bludd from the line, maybe his 2nd uniform, and have both arms with moving elbows, not just one. I won't be getting all of wave 8, unlike wave 7. Might buy Roadblock(dissapointed that his left hand is still wide open though), and definitely buying snow suit Snake Eyes.

The main dissapointment of that wave is that Major Bludd's robot arm cannot bend at the elbow. The vintage figure did not have a moveable robotic arm either but still, its dissapointing. I hope we get another Major Bludd from the line, maybe his 2nd uniform, and have both arms with moving elbows, not just one.

The problem with Major Bludd is that I don't think he was ever supposed to have a robot arm. I saw somewhere sketches of early Bludd designs, and it is clear that he was intended to have some sort of armor covering his arm that got turned into some sort of stiff robot looking arm thing. Later Major Bludd figures ditched that wierd covering and had normal arms. Even his comic book characterizations have always been shown as possessing normal arms, unless something has happened recently in the current incarnation of the comic to force him to loose an arm.

I forget what exactly happened, but in the recent line, Storm shadow either blew up, or cut off one of Bludd's hands.

Wow! If I haven't had to spend so much on tuition in recent years, I'd kept up with the current comic. I guess Bludd will have need of a robot arm then. :lol:

Drove out this evening to one of Iowa's many smaller, older, rural Wal-Marts. Often good things hidden away in them. In addition to their "stuffed full of Wii's" video game case, I found a Crimson Guardsman. Yes, I know that's a peg-warmer everwhere else. But not here. First I ever saw. (there are no 25th Joe figures at all in most stores locally--none) Also, snagged Iron Grenadier Destro.

My first Destro ever. Anyways--he can't bend his right elbow. It's REALLY stuck. Any suggestions? I can BEND it almost 90 degrees at this point, but it's just the plastic bending, not the joint rotating. If I could remove his forearm and elbow joint from the upper arm, I think I could free it. But I also think trying to take it apart will simply shear the elbow joint apart.

My first Destro ever.

I have a handful of Destros, and this one is my favorite. I remember seeing pics of the vintage one to compare to, and I was shocked by just how much better the new one is.

Any suggestions? I can BEND it almost 90 degrees at this point, but it's just the plastic bending, not the joint rotating. If I could remove his forearm and elbow joint from the upper arm, I think I could free it. But I also think trying to take it apart will simply shear the elbow joint apart.

You could try dipping it into boiling water, and then trying to free up the elbow joint by slowly wiggling it. Or you can put him in the freezer for a few minutes, and afterwards try moving the elbow then(the coldness should harden the plastic to a point that it breaks the paint seal after moving the joint). At this point, I do agree that removing the joint from the upper arm may tear down the joint. Good luck man.

Well, he's broken now. And the joint still won't move! I've emailed Hasbro and will bitch at them until I get a replacement. The joint is in pieces, boiled, pulled, pliers, and slicing with an X-acto. And it's still stuck and won't move. Very defective. (There's stuck joints, and then there's this thing) I think I found like vinyl in and around the joint, COVERING the seams between the joint and the arm. It's more than just "a bit of paint" in the joint.

Well, he's broken now. And the joint still won't move! I've emailed Hasbro and will bitch at them until I get a replacement. The joint is in pieces, boiled, pulled, pliers, and slicing with an X-acto. And it's still stuck and won't move. Very defective. (There's stuck joints, and then there's this thing) I think I found like vinyl in and around the joint, COVERING the seams between the joint and the arm. It's more than just "a bit of paint" in the joint.

Holy crap man! Thats the first time I've heard of such a thing on an anniversary joe. I'm sorry to hear man. Thats just damn terrible. Much worse than the stuck joints due to paint! Hopefully the replacement they give you is problem free.