1/48th VF-1 scale enviro picts

Erik C Lindgren

Hello:

It has been a long while since I have been on the MW board. Wow, maybe since 2003. I did lose my password and it sucked I also no longer had the old email either. But I was a member back in 2000, I really appreciate the wonderful site and look forward to having some fun here.

I have always wanted to do this, I did after great delay get around to shooting some photos of the 1/48 Yamato's VF-1's at my train club layout here in Denver. We model in 1/48th or O scale 2 rail, and have a substantial 7000' plus square foot layout that has roots dating back to 1933.

I took these preliminary shots for fun today with hopes to get some idea what I can do to get some neat images of the VF-1's in a proper 1/48th enviroment.

I know the MW Forums has done this sort of thread in the past, but I thought everybody would like to see these. Its not everyday that we can set up these remarkable toys in a scale enviroment of this size and accuracy. As I get time I will add more. I hope this thread does not get blocked.

With that said, Please enjoy and leave me some feedback!

Erik Lindgren

(I think I used to be: Erik L.) :) [attachmentid=39762] [attachmentid=39762] [attachmentid=39763] [attachmentid=39765] [attachmentid=39766]

post-4813-1169355598_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169355707_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169355844_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169355993_thumb.jpg

Erik, so far most of the 1/48th scale comparison picks have been between the VF-1 and other existing 1/48th scale models and toys of real military aircraft so this is definitely different seeing one of these toys in an actual scale setting.

Macross and O scale train sets... what do your fellow O scale enthusiasts have to say about your Macross hobby? Maybe you should make part of the set you guys have going to incorporate a little air base for your VF-1's. ;)

I really like these, pls take more pictures. Also, can you take some pictures of your Roy without the boosters, and also, with the head guns at a different angle. ;)

Have fun in the forums, lotsa new stuff going on.

I will gather all your expert notes and do as you ask. I am far from an expert on these things.

Thanks for the kind words.

Erik

:rolleyes:

[attachmentid=39772] [attachmentid=39773]

post-4813-1169357739_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169358322_thumb.jpg

Erik, so far most of the 1/48th scale comparison picks have been between the VF-1 and other existing 1/48th scale models and toys of real military aircraft so this is definitely different seeing one of these toys in an actual scale setting.

Macross and O scale train sets... what do your fellow O scale enthusiasts have to say about your Macross hobby? Maybe you should make part of the set you guys have going to incorporate a little air base for your VF-1's. ;)

Apollo Leader, very well stated, an airbase would be cool, but most of these old farts really don't have any interest in anything Fiction. :p Our oldest member is 84 and has been a member since 1953. If you guys want this is our website: http://www.denveroscaleclub.org

Most of the structures in these images are kitbashed or kits from various sources over the decades. Many of the structures not in these images are scratched with wonderful skill and detail. At my age I am a rare enthusiast at age 33, and have been a avid fan of Macross Mecha since I was a child in early 1980's.

Stop by the gallery on the website if you want to see the rest of the layout,. loads of pictures.

Warm Regards

Erik

[attachmentid=39774]

post-4813-1169358961_thumb.jpg

These pictures are amazing!

Keep them coming!

I agree with Eugimon.

Bring on GERWALK.

PS/edit: I especially love the worms eye view shots!

They really compliment the illusion of scale and make those battroids feel like giant robots towering over the town.

It must be difficult to get the camera that low without crushing some delicate building or detail, but I'd love to see more worms eye view perspectives.

Edited by Vic Mancini

Those picture are definitely cool. I like how people appear to just be going about their business despite the fact that giant robots are standing in the street; I especially like the guy selling newspapers next to the CF foot.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Great diorama! I thought that they were 1/87 HO figs and vehicles.

Where's the train? :)

I have been real busy all week but I thought I would drop in another image of a train for size relationships. The car is an Overland Models brass import of a Superliner phase II paint Amtrak car that would have been used in 1999.

I will be doing some more shots this weekend with maybe some dry ice and lights to improve the effects.

I attached an image of some of the oil painting I do. [attachmentid=39841]

I am planning on doing a series of oils of the Valkyries at some point. I might be able to come up with some ground battle scenes from these studies with the train layout. If you have any ideas for action scenes that would make a good illustration of the Macross Saga, that has not been done yet give me your thoughts.

Thanks

Erik

:)

[attachmentid=39840]

I have been real busy all week but I thought I would drop in another image of a train for size relationships. The car is an Overland Models brass import of a Superliner phase II paint Amtrak car that would have been used in 1999.

I will be doing some more shots this weekend with maybe some dry ice and lights to improve the effects.

I am planning on doing a series of oils of the Valkyries at some point. I might be able to come up with some ground battle scenes from these studies with the train layout. If you have any ideas for action scenes that would make a good illustration of the Macross Saga, that has not been done yet give me your thoughts.

Thanks

Erik

[attachmentid=39840]

Thanks

Erik

[attachmentid=39840]

post-4813-1169585646_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169586186_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169586665_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169586722_thumb.jpg

post-4813-1169586785_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the repeated post, Dia-Up has its joys.. I wondered what I was doing. BLAHH :p

Erik

Thanks

Erik

[attachmentid=39840]