Orguss DVD collection

Hikuro

lol yeah I met Milia :p I mean Athena. And my question about Slay was answered lastnight too, in more ways then one.......though, I don't get why he did what he did that was pretty stupid.

I've also come too notice, there are a few Macross VA's in Orguss, I'm pretty sure I heard Minmay, Hikaru's VA's pop in, and of course, diffenetly Miriya's since she's playing Athena.

Unfortunately, Mari isn't in Orguss. You do realize that Kei is Max though right? :)

And Hikaru was that kid who tried to steal the Orguss.

And of all people, Olsen D. Vern, in another universe, was Lynn Kaifun!

And I have to ask, how many of you guys read the last chapters of stories before the rest of the book? C'mon, let him find all the cameos himself! :D

And Hikaru was that kid who tried to steal the Orguss.

And of all people, Olsen D. Vern, in another universe, was Lynn Kaifun!

And I have to ask, how many of you guys read the last chapters of stories before the rest of the book? C'mon, let him find all the cameos himself! :D

It's actually pretty funny. Macross, Orguss, Southern Cross, & Mospeada all shared a fair amount of crossover cast.

Unfortunately, Mari isn't in Orguss

I thought I heard her voice, but I could easily be mistaken.

You do realize that Kei is Max though right?

But yeah I did notice that Kei's VA was Max Jenius. It's just odd hearing him in a different style of acting, going from a well spoken, well mannered character to a hotheaded womanizer.

Finally finished Orguss just 5 minutes ago....I think I pretty much got the jest of the show and what they had to do without the bad translation.

They say that the have to "Reinvent" the earth, but they really had to go and kill their past selves right? Or else they really didn't have to do what they did in the end and all get killed.

It also looked like all of the parrell worlds came back to their original states and with that alternate versions of Kei and Orsen exist, kei as a Emaan, or Mimsy as a human, Kei with Tina, Orsen with Athena, ei with Mohm, etc etc. So in some essence, Kei and Orsen don't really die except in that original world they belonged too.

It wasn't a bad show despite the horrible translation. What sort of got to me show wise was the rehashing of battle scenes and animation......LOTS of that went on.

Yep, I liked it a lot and I'm sure I would have liked it more if the subtitles were done right. It's great to see a show that actually does have a resolution also (even if it is a little trippy and open to a bit of speculation). Orguss2 should make a tiny bit more sense to you now too... not that it's tied all that closely.

I think one accepted theory of the end of Orguss is that all possible realities happen. The knot unravels into just about any universe that could exist.

i.e., Mimsy is human, Kei is with Tina again, Kei is with Mimsy, Mimsy raises her child alone, et. all. All these realities 'happen', but exist as parallel universes.

That I could easily accept, after they died and reset things in motion, all possible realities came out.

I went thru as many orguss sites as I could reading up on what went on, so now things tend to make alot more sense for Orguss 2.

I still don't buy it. What Kei & Olsen did was fix it so that the incident no longer happened, and I took it that the images shown at the ending of the series were more fantasies of what could have been than anything. Orguss 02 shouldn't be possible in any reality...especially not this one!

• 2 months later...

Sweet!

I love everything about this announcement, or so I thought...

The DVDs will only be available directly from ImaginAsian, they will not be available from other retail outlets. This will be a limited pilot program, and will only be available for a limited time. The discs will not be discounted or wholesaled. "If the program is successful, we plan on bringing over other forgotten anime classics," said David Chu, senior VP of Programming and Production at ImaginAsian.

I hope they have international shipping available.

I'd buy for several reasons:

1. Support Orguss. Since the ad claims this being a trial thing to see if there's interest, I want to show that I have interest for more Orguss products in the U.S.

2. The subtitles. Being able to watch Orguss without having to squint and slog through the dialouge would be much nicer, IMO. Plus there's that one last section on one of the DVDs that has only chinise subs on it.

3. The packageing. the bootleg box I have now, as nice as it is, is kinda sorta falling apart...

The only thing I don't like is that it's being done on DVD-R media, instead of factory pressed disc's. i'll buy it anyway, but in the meantime, I'll continue to see if I can convince them to use real factory pressed disc's...

I hope too...

I hope so three... (ah, sue me!)

Truly excellent news from a company rep who's candid enough to actually admit to not being able to get another TMS show at the present time (Rose of Versailles). Makes a nice change from those continual 'cannot confirm or deny' annoyances with regard to older series, particularly the still-unlicensed Dirty Pair TV.

Anyway, Orguss in particular is a very canny license for iaTV, since it actually already has a partial dub (not perfect, but it may attract a few more customers), and since it's heavily related to Macross, that's going to guarantee the show a certain amount of recognition automatically, especially when you consider that no new genuine Macross material has been licensed since the mid-90s.

I hope they can get Space Adventure Cobra and Cat's Eye 2 next! :)

The discs will include the US Renditions' dub for the first 17 episodes.

Genius, simply genius!

The old Orguss dub actually gained a cult following back on it's vhs release so it'll be great for all those fans of the show to see it how they originally remembered it although they will have to relive the pain of not seeing past episode 17, lol.

I wonder if Orguss can relive some of the sucess Macross did when it was first released back in 2001.

I look forward to this, hopefully someone will make a decent inquiry about the whole dvd-r thing.

Genius, simply genius!

The old Orguss dub actually gained a cult following back on it's vhs release so it'll be great for all those fans of the show to see it how they originally remembered it although they will have to relive the pain of not seeing past episode 17, lol.

The dub is surprisingly competent, especially when you consider when it was made, definitely made not having a sub option a lot more tolerable.

Must...buy....Orguss....

:ph34r:

Amen, friend. ^_^

I have all but, like, 1 of the US Rendition release. The dub really wasn't that bad (Shaia's voice was better than the actress's later work [Naru in Love Hina]). I even met Steve Blum at Ani-magic last year and had him sign the M Rover model kit I found there.

Yeah, what's the deal with the whole DVD-R thing?? If I wanted to go that route, I could (possibly) find some torrent and make it myself. This is very odd news, indeed. While I'm happy to finally have this show available, the way they are going about is quite...unnverving...

Yeah, what's the deal with the whole DVD-R thing?? If I wanted to go that route, I could (possibly) find some torrent and make it myself. This is very odd news, indeed. While I'm happy to finally have this show available, the way they are going about is quite...unnverving...

Where are you getting DVD-R from?

Good news from that thread for international fans, teh rep who posts tehre says they will look into making it avilable at an online store. :D

As long as it's not TRSI, or they finally drop the "scan in your credit card 'cause we don't really trust you" routine, things should be OK!

Edited by Doryu2025