Ghost in the Shell Live Action - March 31, 2017

Mechinyun

For something as small as the eyes they probably don't need the blue or green paints for previs work. If it ends up something that needs to be erased or replaced like a cybernetic arm they most likely would take those steps.

They may also be doing away with those eyes for more realism. On an agent for a secret government branch they really stand out, like a comander in a one piece thong bathing suit.

• 2 weeks later...

He's there to tell everyone that he knows how to make a good movie, but I hope no one listens.

All the live action movies and a good majority of his animated stuff has been terrible or boring or both.

I can't really comment on Oshii one way or the other. The only movies of his that I watched were the 2 GitS movie. Loved the first one, indifferent towards the sequel. He loves philosophical moping, so if you're not into that kind of stuff, it gets dull really fast.

Edited by GU-11

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see Kawai Kenji there. Not sure how much hands-on influence he has in the film production, but I really liked the Shinto-inspired music in the Oshii movies; it'd be nice to hear more of that in the live-action movie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

And just for frame of reference, let's pick on SAC-based drawings.

34259l.jpg

The Major - Already addressed that one.

Ishikawa (Lasarus Ratuere) - Ok.

Togusa (Chin Han) - Ummm, I always saw Togusa as a younger man. Someone who was just starting a family. He looks much older here.

Saito (Yutaka Izumihara) - Too use to the clean shaved look Saito had.

Borma (Tawanda Manyimo) - Meh. OK I guess.

Batou (Pilou Asbæk) - WTF? Where are his fake eyes?

Aramaki (Takeshi Kitano) - Missing the beard.

Aramaki looks too... well, cuddly.

Batou's bugeyes are sorely missed.

Togusa looks, like... WAY too old to be the team rookie.

On the upside, I can immediately tell who is supposed to be who.

Pirate-eye Saito looks pretty good, even if is hair IS a half-inch too long. I honestly have no complaints whatsoever there.

Bug-eyes or not, Batou is fairly on-target. He gets the general appearance very well. Didn't really expect them to find someone that bulky for the role.

Anmd in all fairness to old man Togusa, I always found it dubious that someone so apparently green could make it into the team.

Edited by JB0

I was thinking that they probably will, but we'll have to see later.

The closer this gets to a release the more interested I'm becoming. When it was first announced I almost hated the idea of this. Now I'm more curious and really hoping t turns out good.

I'm a GiTS fan too. I'm definitely excited about it. I'm sure it's not going to be 100% accurate but I'm going to give them a shot. Scarlett as Motoko? So far, it looks hot! :wub::yahoo:

Edited by no3Ljm