The Galaxy Railways

bob joe mac

Anybody seen this show?? It is not really a sequel but another show in the Leijiverse. Basically its about these two brothers whose father recently died in the service of the SPF forces (sorta like Train police) and they go off and join the SPF to avenge their father.

MAN is this show cool!!!!! I mean the battle was so amazing and the characters are pretty neet too.

CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!!!! :D

Well I'm not sure if there will be a main starship or not cause only the first ep is out :p

But its not like their are only trains (ALA GE 999) Because you see this red Crusier attacking a Express train. BUT They have these trains that help other passenger trains that have guns and fighters aboard. its cool.

Uhhh... where to get it..... hmmmm......

OMG THERE IS A FREAKIN FANSUB OUT ALREADY!!!! :blink:

http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/

Enjoy :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I was commenting on this show earlier. Its a freakin great show. I've already seen one episode digisubbed. It blew my mind. I had no idea trains could be that cool.

-BEN-MAN-

Yeah I know I'm surprised of the lack of interest in this show here at MW I mean its freakin Leiji Material at it's best he is the freakin dude who made the space opera. But ya as you may have noticed this thread was very old and i just revived it :D

Man this show is awesome can't wait for ep.3 :D

Yeah I know I'm surprised of the lack of interest in this show here at MW I mean its freakin Leiji Material at it's best he is the freakin dude who made the space opera. But ya as you may have noticed this thread was very old and i just revived it :D

It's not really a lack of interest, as much as it's a lack of access. Once there's an HK set out, or an R1 license, I'll be all over it. Until then, I'll wait to pick up Cosmo Warrior Zero & Arcadia together, as well as hoping for the day ADV releases all of the Queen Emereldas episodes in a set so I can pick that up.

I'm still trying to surpress the fact that it's been almost a year since the last GE:999 TV HK DVD set, I HATE WATITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST saw the first episode of Galaxy Railways. It was GREAT seeing Leiji Matsumoto's "signature" once again, it's been a long time since I've seen one of his series'. All the trademark Matsumoto characters are back (in one form or another........they even had a Dr. Sano looking guy :p ).

-Classic Characters, Weapondry (tripple barrel shock cannons, fighters, enemy turrets), and the storyline is GREAT (if you've seen a Matsumoto show you know what I'm talking about). No one does heroic sacrifice like L.M.

Downloading Episode 2 right now.

UN Spacy, thats /exactly/ what I thought!

The Fighters look like Kodai's personal fighter in the first Yamato series. The enemy ship looked /straight out of/ Yamato, including its funky little triple turrets, which were directly ripped from the ships in the very first episode of Yamato. And the heroic sacrifices were AWESOME. Only in a Leiji Matsumoto show do two of the coolest characters die in the first episode. Even more Leiji Matsumoto is.. Did they? ^_____^ its so frikkin cool.

-BEN-MAN-

Only in a Leiji Matsumoto show do two of the coolest characters die in the first episode.

Well....I just finished the 2nd Episode (when is the 3rd one out) and it's another example of CLASSIC Matsumoto (pretty sad stuff though......I almost shed a tear).

It was nice seeing a classic pistol. B))

This might be another series that I have to keep up with. B))

BTW....is there ANY relation between Galaxy Express 999 and Galaxy Railways (besides the obvious)?

I reccomend everyone who hasn't done so yet, go back & check out the GE:999 TV series (all 2 volumes that are available...). Truly Matsumoto's masterwork, if only those lazy ass HK companies would hurry up & rip the other 4 DVD sets!

BTW, has anyone heard anything new on Matsumoto's Dai Yamato? I know the legal dispute with Nishitaka is over (and he two too is doing his own Yamato movie/ova)?

I reccomend everyone who hasn't done so yet, go back & check out the GE:999 TV series (all 2 volumes that are available...). Truly Matsumoto's masterwork, if only those lazy ass HK companies would hurry up & rip the other 4 DVD sets!

BTW, has anyone heard anything new on Matsumoto's Dai Yamato? I know the legal dispute with Nishitaka is over (and he two too is doing his own Yamato movie/ova)?

Last I heard, another legal battle has erupted. However, it was on ANN a REALLY long time ago, Keith. It's quite possible they cleared all that up.

• 2 weeks later...
Last I heard, another legal battle has erupted. However, it was on ANN a REALLY long time ago, Keith. It's quite possible they cleared all that up.

Any new news about the 3rd episode of Galaxy Railways?

I hope this legal mish mash gets cleared up soon.....I'd KILL for another Yamato update. :angry:

EDIT: Episode Three IS out. B))

http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/

Edited by UN Spacy

• 4 months later...

Is anyone else on MW keeping up with this series? It's been quite a while since I've downloaded any new episodes. I guess they're already on episode 10 (and I've only seen up to episode 4). ;)

EDIT: It seems that they're up to episode 12 now (which I just saw.....very poignant story).

Keith - Do you know if they're using the NEW Great Yamato design?

Edited by UN Spacy

Nope, no way to get ahold of them yet. Right now I'm getting ready to pick up the gun frontier & CWZ sets. As well as awaiting the second volume of harlock endless odyssey. Next month voyager is also releasing the Yamato movies box set, and since there's been no HK rips of the R2 disc's, that's the only way to go.

As soon as someone does a legit or HK release of Galaxy Railways, I'm there.

BTW, current news is that the new Great Yamato series is getting ready to be released as a TV series.

Edited by Keith

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update on the Yamato movies set, honestly I was hoping for a bit more of the box art

Yamato-BOX.jpg but hey, what can you do.

Still haven't recieved mine yet, hopefully within a week though.

At least the boxart looks somewhat classy, they could have easily gone all cheese. Doesn't look too bad to me.

As for Galaxy Railways, I've got like 12 episodes fansubbed. I'm picking up a DVD set the moment it comes out, to go with my Cosmos Warrior Zero, and Captain Herlock: Outside Legend DVD sets. I also need to get around to buying a copy of Arcadia of My Youth when I have money.

At least the boxart looks somewhat classy, they could have easily gone all cheese. Doesn't look too bad to me.

As for Galaxy Railways, I've got like 12 episodes fansubbed. I'm picking up a DVD set the moment it comes out, to go with my Cosmos Warrior Zero, and Captain Herlock: Outside Legend DVD sets. I also need to get around to buying a copy of Arcadia of My Youth when I have money.

How can you not own Arcadia Of My Youth yet! Screw money, go out and steal one. That's life under the flag of freedom!

I wonder what's taking so long for the HK companies (or hell, even a U.S. company) to touch Galaxy Railways. Hell, I'm surprised no ones ripped the harlock TV box set that just came out yet. And damnit, they need to finish GE:999 TV. Stopping at episode 36 is nothing resembling fair damnit!!!!

But Live-Evil is also working on multiple projects (Including the original Galaxy Express 999 tv series), and they generally have excellent taste in the shows they sub, and they do it right instead of rushing through a series just to get it out.

It's definitely not an easy job, but especially when they split their focus between different shows, that's a lot of work that's not going to get done quickly. I sometimes wish fansub groups would stick to a single show, but that wouldprobably get tedious for them.

I do dislike that many groups overlap, like there's another group doing Galaxy Railways but they're way behind Live-eviL's fansub. So many groups do stuff like that. I just don't get it. You'd think they would go after a show no one else was doing.