Gatchaman CGI film?

Was Eagle Riders the one where they all went to metallic shades? Silver/bronze/etc?

That G5 looks awesome. Wish it had the mini versions like the old Unifive. And a fiery shroud.

I don't think they were metallic...

I do remember the Phoenix was awesome, white with red wings and tail I believe, a giant bird's head painted on the entire front, and all of their individual vehicles launching from the vehicel...

Later on they got that horrible 5-in-1 triangle thing...

Edit:

Eagle Riders

Apparently it were the Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter episodes :)

Edited by Bowen

Sweet. The first darker blue/purple one with the fiery shroud or the second teal one that came with the bird/boomerang?

Uni5's first version. Although - call me crazy - I sold the Hino-Tori shell to raise some funds for another purchase.

I think he means the 3rd one. I used to have it. Its a triangular combiner.

We're talking about Uni5's Godphoenix, not Bandai's GatchaSpartan (which utterly sucks in both concept and execution).

Edited by AcroRay

I think he means the 3rd one. I used to have it. Its a triangular combiner.

That the one from Gatchaman Fighter (or the 2nd part of Eagle Riders depending on what you grew up with), the one with 5 vehicles combining into one large triangular vehicle?

Neato... I'd say the suit still has the right amount of spandexyness balanced with the added armor effect. It's like when they started drawing Captain America with an armored suit... it still looked like spandex, but has the same subtle kevlary effect.

I take it that everybody has seen this.

I *really* wish that they had used this as a basis for a new OAV. Its great!!

Taksraven

Berg Katse in particular looks AWESOME in it!!!!

Edited by taksraven

• 2 weeks later...
I take it that everybody has seen this.

I *really* wish that they had used this as a basis for a new OAV. Its great!!

Taksraven

Berg Katse in particular looks AWESOME in it!!!!

You know what is cooler? Check the live action they made for the same scenes :D (done by Japan Boyband SMAP)

Here is the Animation:

And here is the Live action:

B))

You know what is cooler? Check the live action they made for the same scenes :D (done by Japan Boyband SMAP)

Here is the Animation:

And here is the Live action:

B))

I think that they both (live action and animated) look pretty good. Either way its a huge tragedy that this never went anywhere beyond an advertisment. But at least we enjoyed some new Gatchaman coolness for a few seconds. (If only the Gatchaman OAV had been as good as this)

Taksraven

Meh, I'll always like the original costumes the best.

circle-01.jpg

Well, except for the guys' boots. The whole thigh-boots-on-a-man look just doesn't work. If the men on the team didn't look like they were wearing stripper-boots, the suits would kick a$$ and take names. Now Jun on the other hand--it's all good baby. Work whatcha got. <_<

Something more in an officers or calvary boot length would work so much better for the look of the suit? Not quite so, er, androgynous? :huh:

1404BK.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Gatchaman related news:

I looked soooo hard for Gatchman t-shirts, with the bird insignia ,and the numbered t-shirts(civilian wear)

and I,ve found BOTH!!!!!

It,s not an official release from Tatsonoko(which by the way has very little options, for bird insignia OR civilian numbered t-shirts ..the only one I,ve seen ,has been 2 bird insignia versions one on a white t-shirt-Mark=cannon,one on a black t-shirt= non cannon)

It,s at redbubble.com,Ross Robinson is the artist,I,ve just recieved them and they are fantastic!!!!

Finally you can now choose which team member t-shirt to buy,made on a high quality cotton ....and other stuff :huh: ,I think these t-shirts will keep their shape for a long time.

Here are the easy to follow steps:

1.you order it

2.it,s Frickin,hand made special order!!!!(sweet!!)

3.a beautiful anime accurate t-shirt arrives

(depending on where you live approx$30.00 before shipping etc..) B))

• 2 months later...

Well if anyone in New York is interested in T-Shirts. Go to the Uniqlo store. They have official Gatchaman T-shirts. If I remember correctly there where two designs. The bird insignia on the front and a image on the back. They are limited edition.

T-shirt commercial

Uniqlo Gachaman shirt 1

Gachaman T-shirt 2

Gatchaman related news:

I looked soooo hard for Gatchman t-shirts, with the bird insignia ,and the numbered t-shirts(civilian wear)

and I,ve found BOTH!!!!!

It,s not an official release from Tatsonoko(which by the way has very little options, for bird insignia OR civilian numbered t-shirts ..the only one I,ve seen ,has been 2 bird insignia versions one on a white t-shirt-Mark=cannon,one on a black t-shirt= non cannon)

It,s at redbubble.com,Ross Robinson is the artist,I,ve just recieved them and they are fantastic!!!!

Finally you can now choose which team member t-shirt to buy,made on a high quality cotton ....and other stuff :huh: ,I think these t-shirts will keep their shape for a long time.

Here are the easy to follow steps:

1.you order it

2.it,s Frickin,hand made special order!!!!(sweet!!)

3.a beautiful anime accurate t-shirt arrives

(depending on where you live approx$30.00 before shipping etc..) B))

• 9 months later...

"New" trailer.

Its labelled as 2007 concept footage so who knows. After the studio doing this film had a big stuff up with Astro Boy I'm astounded that they are still working on anything. It sounds like they are going to have to scrape together every last cent to get it done.....

Enjoy

Taksraven

They are not finishing it. Imagi is closing offices (Imagi LA is gone already) and has cut down pretty much all personnel that is not necessary to liquidate its assets and auction all the stuff they can.

DAMN! Where did you hear that?? I thought that the failure of Astro Boy doomed them.

Taksraven

They are not finishing it. Imagi is closing offices (Imagi LA is gone already) and has cut down pretty much all personnel that is not necessary to liquidate its assets and auction all the stuff they can.

I heard that Imagi was actually very close to finishing up with the film and that about a year ago they held test screenings, but reportedly the film still needed a lot of polishing at the time. With luck some one else will acquire Gatchaman from Imagi and release it on their own.

kinda glad it didnt get made... wasn't into the designs... I didn't think Astroboy was tht great. I wanna see something closer to the Alex Ross look which is really just a more faithful adaptation.

I'm with you on that. That video looked like a bad Team Fortress mod cut scene.

kinda glad it didnt get made... wasn't into the designs... I didn't think Astroboy was tht great. I wanna see something closer to the Alex Ross look which is really just a more faithful adaptation.

Yeah, I'm like that about remakes in general these days. Unfortunately, by the look of the footage that was released for this film, it would seem that the makers didn't really get what Gatchaman was about and we were probably going to get a very PG rated version of the legend.

To me, Gatchaman was always meant to be tougher than such interpretations. Even though it was about a bunch of people dressed up as birds going around fighting the bad guys, it always had this sort of coolness and ruthlessness to it that wasn't captured in the OAV version and probably would not have been seen in the film that seems is not being made anymore. There was a high level of graphic violence in the original show that has not been seen in other similar programs, and the Super Sentai stuff certainly did not follow this model.

Like I have already noticed, one of the closest things to imitate the look and feel of the original series was those bloody NTT ads and its a pity that they didn't translate into more.

Taksraven