Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

I stand corrected. :)

Perhaps you were thinking back to the times of the VF-J Hikaru.

I don't know about the singles, but the super Pack was never clearly shown, all we saw was a side profile, and it wasn't in focus. We just knew that the box was going to be fat.

Its defionitely a sweet looking toy, but Im still going to hold off for the purple one.

Actually I did prefer the Nora Type too. However I doubt Yamato will use the right purple for Nora's and I think Yamato's going to fail Nora's original scheme(Hard to get the purple we saw in Zero to material like this).

I've always thought the look of the SV-51 in black is like the Angel of Death.

Pretty scary looking.

Can anyone, if they get a chance, verify the top speed of SV-51? Mach 2.81 ?

They displayed this fighter on Macross Plus to be very agile and really fast, out-accelerating and out-manouvering the F-14s...which are not that slow at Mach 2.4 top speed.

That thing is begging for a flexi-stand from LOS. I'm sorry, i think all display stands should be transparent.

Agreed. Even though I think it's pretty cool of Yamato to add the stand in the package.

hmmm......

SNAP! (wouldn't want to piss off areaseven so I took the pic out :ph34r: )

:mellow:

Looks scary doesn't it? :(:unsure:

Can anyone, if they get a chance, verify the top speed of SV-51? Mach 2.81 ?

They displayed this fighter on Macross Plus to be very agile and really fast, out-accelerating and out-manouvering the F-14s...which are not that slow at Mach 2.4 top speed.

You really can't judge from the animation, they didn't come anywhere near top speed. No dogfight has ever occured supersonically AFAIK nor likely ever will. Planes just can't turn well then---also, F-14's always have their wings swept back past Mach .95, and we see them swung out a lot during the fight. (not that M0 had realistically-moving F-14's)

An F-14 can only hit Mach 2.4 when it's nearly empty, at very high altitude, with no weapons, no drop tanks, no pallets, no pylons. Which never ever occurs in combat. Add in the load Shin's was carrying and you're talking Mach 1.8 tops---and not at the low altitude they were fighting at. Very few planes can go past 1.8 with external weapons.

No matter how fast you are, you basically have to slow down to sub-sonic to fight. The Sv-51 certainly has a huge power/acceleration advantage, but top speed would be of little use in combat, since it's unachievable. Speed-wise, the Me262, F-18, and F-15 are about equal in a dogfight, despite large differences in top speed. But the F-15 has the best acceleration and sustained turns due to its higher power.

Wow, those are some pretty impressive poses in those blog pics. Much better than what we've usually seen in the past.

BTW, have we seen pics of the final product standing on its own two feet yet?

Yeah, but the piece connected to it is still made of plastic. We'll just have to be extra careful when transforming it.

true... as long as it's POM and not yamato's brittle-tastic ABS, i think it will be okay.

I'm more concerned that the joint is basically a friction joint. Pretty soon, it will be pretty floppy. Unless there's some hidden locking mechanism that actually locks that wing assembly in place in gerwalk.

As the joint is made of diecast, im more concern with the circular joint that is connected to the diecast module, unless that is made of pom, im not sure whether would it be able to withstand the stress caused during transformation. Remember the similar shoulder problem seen in the VF-0S/A

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by recon

That whole section connecting the wing to the die-cast piece seriously needs to be POM. The combined weight of the wing and the booster, missile/fuel pod, missiles is hanging from that single piece of plastic.

I usually don't transform my VF's all that much when I find a good pose to display them in, but I'm gonna have a hard time choosing a mode/pose to display the SV-51 in. It may take a lot of transformations to decide what mode to display it in, which kinda scares me because of the fragility this toy will almost certainly have.

Meeting with Yamato tonight, so lets see if they bring me any goodies to play with :D

Graham

G-man, could you ask the Yamato gents what changes/improvements will be made to the YF-19 for the FB combo?

Thanks!

Edited by Dante74

Meeting with Yamato tonight, so lets see if they bring me any goodies to play with :D

Graham

Gold canopy?

It looks like it's going to be clear and it's probably too late to change now.

Oh well...not a deal breaker by any means since it looks okay clear, but I think a gold canopy would be such a sweet finishing touch on those beautiful F and G modes.

It looks like it's going to be clear and it's probably too late to change now.

The change from clear to tinted canopy would only be a material's spec change; no retooling required. As such, they could decide to go with a golden canopy as late as a few days (it all depends on how fast their plastic supplier can deliver) before start of production. The only reason to go with clear over tinted is cost savings since they already spec the clear for all other VF canopies.

Edited by mechaninac

The change from clear to tinted canopy would only be a material's spec change; no retooling required. As such, they could decide to go with a golden canopy as late as a few days (it all depends on how fast their plastic supplier can deliver) before start of production. The only reason to go with clear over tinted is cost savings since they already spec the clear for all other VF canopies.

Wouldn't this be a super-easy mod as well? I mean, can't you just paint some tint onto the inside of the canopy?

I wouldn't know. Haven't modeled in over a decade.

. . . I shake my little tush on the catwalk!

I usually don't transform my VF's all that much when I find a good pose to display them in, but I'm gonna have a hard time choosing a mode/pose to display the SV-51 in. It may take a lot of transformations to decide what mode to display it in, which kinda scares me because of the fragility this toy will almost certainly have.

For me it's battroid mode on the stand. Looks so evil in that mode. The intakes don't bother me much in fighter, just like to have battroid modes displayed with the exception of the VB-6 monster.

If the anti-un won, all the future VFs would look like human-chicken hybrids. Maybe they could do a marvel comics thing and make an alternate universe story where the un lose to the anti-un and have to fight the aliens? :D just kidding.