Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Thank you Dante74. Those are awesome! Holy mother of macross I am so getting at least one of these. If I could afford it I would get 3 or 4 of them! I am so excited!!! And it looks like it says it will be released in December! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!

My, I must say that looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. Still not sure I would get one. But being broke right now kinda makes the decision for me. If I ever have some extra cash I'll consider it.

Where's a close up of the pilot figure?

Edit: Never mind, found it.

Edited by Busted VF1A

The pink hands do look very toy-like, if only due to being a single color all over. Don't know off the top of my head what color they should be, but I don't know of any valk that had "color matched" hands. They're either white or grey AFAIK, regardless of paint scheme.

It just seems to have too much magenta overall. The knees, shoulders, etc--it's all magenta. But look at like a YF-19 or something--despite being all tan, all the joints are dark/grey/metal, and I think Nora's Sv-51 should be the same. Would have to go watch again to confirm though.

I cant read japanese but the yamato site lists it as december. It is strange though because HLJ already has the 25ths up on the site which are supposedly december releases too. So why not Nora? I am just checking HLJ about 3 times a day hoping the early bird will show up. When that 28 turns to a 29.... Mine, yours and everyones nora will be had! (eventually)....

Edited by miriya

I cant read japanese but the yamato site lists it as december. It is strange though because HLJ already has the 25ths up on the site which are supposedly december releases too. So why not Nora? I am just checking HLJ about 3 times a day hoping the early bird will show up. When that 28 turns to a 29.... Mine, yours and everyones nora will be had! (eventually)....

I have never pre-ordered through HLJ. Whats the process? Whats the timimg like? This seems like the popular option over lets say waiting for them to pop up on feeBay, why is that?

When the Ivanof came out I simply jumped on feeBay, ordered one for $195 shipped and it was at my door 5 days later. I seemed to have mine a bit before the people that were waiting for theirs from HLJ. Is there an advantage I am not privvy too? Help a brotha out

Still looks pretty plasticky in my opinion especially on the pink area, yamato should have choose a darker pink with metallic flakes to match the gold stripes. I kinda doubt the actual product looks as good as those seen in the shots.

Edited by recon

I agree on the lack of black on the toy. It looks kinda cheap toyish when its all moulded from the magenta plastic. They should use some black parts from Ivanov, prominently the knees, hands and face, and the top of the heatshield.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the hands looking cheap being all the same uniform color. :o That pic you posted David Hingtgen really shows how much better it would have looked had they done it like that.

Needs more black... but she sure looks pretty. Hope they correct the colours.

The gold looks great, hope you don't need to point to much light for it to glow like in the photos.

Where are Ivanov's ejection seat yellow and black bars? Can't see them in the Nora cockpit.

Edited by Twoducks

A toy generally looks cheap when its moulded in a single color because alot of KOs and cheap toys are like that. :lol:

It really bugs me. Will keep my gil until i see pics of the final product with correct colors. Thanks Graham for letting them know. They probably already know and these are just test shots or something.

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want! ! ! ! ! :)

I'm not worried about the hands not looking right. I'll permanently have it in fighter mode with boosters attached chasing Shin's VF-0A with the Ghost booster. :ph34r:

What he said. :D

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want! ! ! ! ! :)

What he said. :D

The nora pilot figure looks awesome, mini boobs and all.

I hope the final gold on the plane is more matte to prevent it from looking brown in certain angles... and yeah the face, hands should be corrected and if I'm not mistaken shouldnt the neck extention also be black or dark grey?

I'm liking this a lot.

OK, I'm pretty late, I miss the hurray for SV-51 purchase, BUT this beast will be my first ever Macross toy!!!

I've just give my order to laftoys.com!

I'M EXCITEDDDDDDD :wub:

(in other words: I'M YAMATOEDDDDD)

Edited by charger69

First ever huh?

Man - I remember my first ever Yammie....

Ahhh...the VF-11B 1/72.... mmm....opened that box up....took that valk out...watched the leg fall right off! :) :) :)

And kept on buying!

The power of Yamato!

Have informed Yamato about the incorrect colors on the hands and face.

Graham

What about the heatshield (which was correct in the EARLIER pics we saw), and the knees, and every other joint? There's a LOT of missing grey/black paint.

Basically, I think Nora's Sv-51 should have just as much dark grey as the YF-19 does. And that's a lot. Every small area/joint/gap/connection should be grey/black. Head joint/extension, ankles, wrists, shoulders, the entire lower front part of the shoulder pads, etc. Can't Yamato go to Bandai's site just as well as we can to get the CG references? Or watch the anime?

PS---I certainly agree with Nani? that the entire neck extension/attachment joint should be black/grey.