Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Ballence in Battroid is excellent. Nice wide feet, and nothing really sticking out too far either front or back. Gerwalk... I don't know honestly, I haven't actually transformed it into gerwalk... Shouldn't be too bad though.

I have the identical wing hinge problem as well, but I fixed it using the flip and trim method.

The wings are a bit loose, and I put some super glue on them to tighten them. I don't think I notice any stress mark or cracks yet. However, There's one pylon on the wing where I can't attach the dark gray missile/fuel tank. It's hard to attach and there's no 'click' when it's attached. A little flick on it would make it fall off the pylon. I tried to trim the pylon, but so far it only help a little

i have that pylon problem too, and plan to trim it as soon as i finish a custom Im working on. ditto the wing fixes i think, though i havent decided yet.

Gerwalk stands ok, but the legs are very close together at the top, and i think it looks a little silly that way. Fighter is the best mode of the three i think..

cool size comparison pic. I can't wait till i get mine. Doesn't look like twin moons has even charged my account... so I guess I'm looking at another month or so. <_<

I spoke with Tam over the weekend - he should be getting his in toward the end of the month, or possibly early next. I'm on that boat with you.

I have the identical wing hinge problem as well, but I fixed it using the flip and trim method.

The wings are a bit loose, and I put some super glue on them to tighten them. I don't think I notice any stress mark or cracks yet. However, There's one pylon on the wing where I can't attach the dark gray missile/fuel tank. It's hard to attach and there's no 'click' when it's attached. A little flick on it would make it fall off the pylon. I tried to trim the pylon, but so far it only help a little

Are you referring to the mid-wing hinges? There's a little switch on the bottom that extends little metal bars to secure them. I agree that fighter mode's the best of the three.

Man, but the hips are loose on this thing. Why doesn't Yamato make nice tight shoulders and hips? My Perfect Piece Tachikoma has tighter hips than this thing (anyone who has one knows about the joints on that thing...) I wish the hips were in a wider stance like the YF-21, but oh well. Thighs are taller and more slender than the CG art, though. My other complaint is those little tabs unde the shoulders.

Still it's SO beautiful, and I'm running out of shelf space....

"...How's the balance in the battroid and gerwalk modes?"

It balances very well in GERWALK, though it feels a bit tail-heavy if you have the booster loadout on it. Nothing bad though, it definitely isn't about to fall over, or anything like that.

~Luke

Are you referring to the mid-wing hinges? There's a little switch on the bottom that extends little metal bars to secure them. I agree that fighter mode's the best of the three.

Man, but the hips are loose on this thing. Why doesn't Yamato make nice tight shoulders and hips? My Perfect Piece Tachikoma has tighter hips than this thing (anyone who has one knows about the joints on that thing...) I wish the hips were in a wider stance like the YF-21, but oh well. Thighs are taller and more slender than the CG art, though. My other complaint is those little tabs unde the shoulders.

Still it's SO beautiful, and I'm running out of shelf space....

Yes, I'm refering to the mid-wing hinge. The bars don't help much in my case.

Oh, and the knee swivel is kinda loose, but not so much that they move around at the slightest tilt.

How widespread is two right wing joint problem? Is it all, or just some?

Got mine today!! It's really gigantic :blink:

I don't have the two right hinge problem ^_^

No stress marks at all, just the wings a little bit on the loose side. I'm inclined to give it almost a ten in my book.

I had to do the wing fix, too. Getting that in and out was not easy at all. I had to bust out all kind of tools including a hammer. I glued the hand that fell apart back together. Now I need to figure out how to fix the fuel tank. One doesn't attach at all. I also need to get the wing tips to stay up in fighter mode. The sliding metal tab things don't help much. I'm a little scared to dump glue everywhere, though. Any other tips?

I looked over mine last night and I think I figured out a fix for the sagging wing problem that doesn't involve putting CA into the hinge pin, but still requires CA to be used. But I need to test it tonight and take some pics. It' may not work, but if it does it will be a very simple fix. Back to that later

Other than a few loose joints Mine turned out just fine. I don't have the Left/left or Right/right hinge problem so I don't believe it's a universal problem (personally I think one guy on the assembly line was drinking, or stupid, and put a bunch together wrong) and all of my missle points attach securely. I must say I'm impressed with this one, IT IS HUGE. I had to clear alot more space on my shelf than I thought I'd need to. But very impressive. I even got a "that's cool" out of my girl for this one, which is a rarity to say the least ( she usually just rolles her eyes and asks how much I spent on THAT one )

The stand is good, but it's not as good as some of the stands that come with Bandai MG Gundam kits. It'll do the job tho and was an excelent included feature. Hope they include one with the 21 as well.

Got mine out of the box tonight. I also have the floppy / droopy wing problem. No big deal, I set up up in "Launch Mode" on the stand anyway. Wigs don't droop aymore and I think it looks incredible going balistic! You get a real sense for the shape of it.

When I saw the pictures I was a bit sceptical, something didn't look right with the balance between the nose/front section and the back. I am more than pleased with how it looks in real life though. The balance is perfect and maybe I would go as far as to say elegant. It certainly is pretty.

The only think I found I wanted to "change" was to put the little missle's on the wingtips and both rocket pods toward the inside. I think it works with the shape of the plane a lot better. For my eye it "flows" better. Give it a shot and check it out, it changes the look quite a bit.

Too bad about the droopy wings though. It would not be easy to do a quality fix without doing something dramatic. What I think it needs is a hole all the way from the wingtip to the body and a metal rod or even flat, thin metal "plate" that would be iserted all the way through the wing and into the body a bit. When you traformed it you could just pull the metal renforcements out and there could simply be another slot to put them in somewhere if "using" all of it's parts was a big deal. if not they could be added as tripm peices to the stand. This would be more a re-design than a fix though. If I were hell bent on displaying mine flat I think I would cut two little strips of carbon fiber and screw them to the underside of the wings right under the hinge. Of course this would slow the transformation process down a bit, but thats what multiple units are for :blink:

All in all, I am very happy with it though. It looks like a million bucks, comes completely "kitted out" and has a very effective stand. For $196 shipped it's a pretty damn good value. If I didn't just spend another $2000 on my hot rod this week I would probably order another to leave in Gerwalk mode.

Edited by sqidd

More awesome pic's, thanks Swoosh, I must say that the scale between them all looks really great. I,m still not sure if I will wait for a little to order one but your pics have helped a lot. Who am I kidding I'll go order one now, anyone need a kidney. :p

Wooo!!! Great pic Swoosh!!! It is like a turkey next to a chick, bigger than I imagined. Don't know if i can wait till 2nd release....post-3608-1189243968.gif

Actually, the VF-0 booster in the left pic is about the same size as the 1/60 VF-1 if I'm not mistaken.

-Kyp

and is tiny compared to the sv-51, vf-0a, and yf-19. too bad no vf-1 in that picture.

This thread is determined to force me to buy an SV-51 now instead of waiting. Damn all these pictures. The scale photos are great. As much as I wished they would have stuck with the 1/48 line for all the toys, I can see why they backed down. The SV-51 would be enormous on a shelf and the price point would have been much higher. Since I was planning on ordering 3 valks from HLJ, I guess adding this won't be bad.

I agree... all the scale shots are great!! (big thanks to those that have taken the time to do them)... I was going to wait for the second release or the 'nora' but... i..... dont... think... i can... need.. nice.. big.. black.. thing.... argh!

and further to my last post.. i now realise its not just the shelf space thats the kicker, its the damned huge boxes! where we supposed to store all the empty boxes?!? need to build an extension on my house. DOH!

This thread grew huge while I was away from it. Good to see it is holding together well so far.

Please don't break! :D

The pics look so tempting but I'm still going to wait for the reviews. It's just such a skinny looking mecha.

I'm kinda hoping that whatever nitpicks that people have are addressed for later releases and they try to improve it slighty each time like with the 1/48 vf-1.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Here's a comparison pic with a 1/60 VF-1, sorry for the quality but it was taken with poor lighting B))

Thanks Ignacio Ocamica, I was trying to take a fighter mode comparison pic, but really can't find the canopy of my yellowed 1/60 VF-1...