Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Bob will be Yamatoed no matter what...

Without confining my comment to any particular Macrossworld member, I believe even the harshest of Yamato's critics really want Yamato to make him/her eat his/her words. Hopefully, it begins with the SV-51. :)

Lots of question....

Oh my, I think I am not the only one who had multiple orgasms looking at swoosh's photos!

Thank you Swoosh for the awesome photos! Your photos are always so sexy! When you posted the photos for the VF-0A Shin W booster, I was not planning on getting it, but after seeing your shots, I bought it the next day!

This is really a beautiful Valkyrie! Unfortunately I do not have the funds to get this today but I am so totally getting an SV-51 as soon as I can.

Thanks again Swoosh and Graham of course too!

I also bought Shin after seeing pic from members of this forum... :lol:

Can you attach the gun on the side of the leg in battroid mode like Ivanov did in the show ?

For those who pre-ordered from toy-wave i got an email from there saying they will ship the SV-51 early next week. B))

Yes, I can, may be tonight, any screen shot for reference?

WOW!!!! Thanks Swoosh!!! I really can't wait to get this thing. I keep checking my email to see if HLJ has shipped yet!! I too really hope they make my scheme, that would be too cool!! I told my wife about that slight possibility and she thought that was awesome...so I guess she wouldn't mind me shelling out the doe for one then! :D

Chris

I want your scheme too, so pleasing to look at it.

awesome awesome awesome. love the pics with it next to the vf-0a and yf-19. bring it on.

if it's not too much trouble could you post a pic of the sv-51 next to a vf-1 in battroid mode? thanks.

Sure, but 1/48 only, I don't know where my 1/60 VF-1 gose... :ph34r:

How is the gripping of the gunpod? Does it holds it tight or the gunpod tends to fall off like with most VF skeleton type hands?

Yep. Unfortunately those of who live in the states have to pay a much higher premium than those in other countries. At least will hopefully be getting a bird thats completely worth hard earned dollars.

-Are the hands a lot more solid than the 1/48's? Can it grip the gunpod well?

It dose holds tight IIRC, only one transformation cycle was done so far...

Thanks everyone for liking my pic, worth the extra money I spent just for having it asap. :lol::lol:

Without confining my comment to any particular Macrossworld member, I believe even the harshest of Yamato's critics really want Yamato to make him/her eat his/her words. Hopefully, it begins with the SV-51. :)

On my part, this is most definitely true.

When you drop anywhere from $100 on up to over $200 on (to be totally honest) a frackin toy, quality control, polish and the reak of high quality should be a given...

As great as the yf-19 was overall, it was crappy feeling to pay $160+ for it, open it and find only a couple of extra fins, a gunpod, and a isamu figure with no feet. On top of all that wasn't there, you had a universally crooked gunpod in fighter mode and stressmarked areas right out of the box...

It would have made all the difference in the world if they charged $180 initially and it came with the fast packs and the fold booster right off the bat...

This sv-51r package looks like a breath of fresh air for me... I'd gladly eat all my words if yamato continues this trend.

I agree that Swoosh is very brave transforming the SV-51 without looking at the manual. I was certainly not that brave!

As I had a lot of other stuff to do last night, I only had time to transform the SV-51 to Gerwalk mode once and then back to fighter mode. I haven’t attempted to transform it to Battroid mode yet.

The transformation to Gerwalk is not that difficult. The only part that took me a while to figure out was getting the shoulder hinges in the correct position in Gerwalk mode. The photos in the manual are a bit confusing on this point, although I’m sure it’s perfectly clear if you can read the Japanese instructions!

My comments and observations so far: -

• Tampo printing on both wings, both tails, both sides of the nose (below cockpit), on head, instrument panel and on the heatshield.
  • Fantastic attention to detail in the cockpit. Overhead ejection handle included as well as the det-cord on the canopy, which looks great.
  • Magnets used to keep folding nose in place in fighter mode (magnet is strong enough). Also magnets are used in addition to some pegs to help the arms attach to the legs in fighter mode.
  • The toy seems to lock together very solidly in fighter mode.
  • The gunpod and/or the spare magazine can be attached to the lower leg in Battroid mode. Both gunpod magazines have pegs which fold out from the side for attaching to the legs.
  • The hand can grip the gunpod handle very firmly. The hole in the handle actually matches up to the peg on the palm correctly and is quite snug.
  • Definitely the most complex Macross toy Yamato have attempted so far.

Need to spend more time with the toy tonight and attempt Battroid mode.

Graham

Thanks Graham, actually, I am not sure if I have transformed it correctly :p I hate dealing with those tape on the instruction's packing so I leave it untouched.

Now we need to wait for some custome made decal/stickers set.

Edited by Swoosh

Magnets AND pegs sounds good. Sometimes pegs alone are not enough to hold some transformations into positions.

Or in the case of the Konig Monster MKII, pegs that break off. :blink:

Det-cord in the canopy? Hmmn, never noticed the "real" one had any. (Kinda surprised they use it at all, can't think of any modern planes with it off the top of my head)

I'm mainly curious about if the torso locks together in battroid mode. That's my #1 complaint about the -19, and the only way in which I think the original one was better. (It didn't lock either, but it stayed together better due to sheer weight of the diecast)

there i combined swoosh's pic with one of graham's old pics to see the size comparison. cool.

post-2880-1188363434_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

The Tornado's the newest plane I know of with det-cord. Modern planes (to me) means 1990+ or so. Which is still 17 years ago. And with the Sv-51 being more advanced than anything we have now it's just kind of odd. Or maybe it has something to do with heatshield placement etc.

The Tornado's the newest plane I know of with det-cord. Modern planes (to me) means 1990+ or so. Which is still 17 years ago. And with the Sv-51 being more advanced than anything we have now it's just kind of odd. Or maybe it has something to do with heatshield placement etc.

The JSF series has the Detcord canopy breach charge. It apparently has to do with having a two piece canopy.

"Froaty" probably thought it looked mean, and on the SV-51 it does.

Thanks for the pics and info guys!! I can't wait to get this bird. Swoosh do you think you can post pics of the sticker sheet if possible?

Yes, but it will be inside the packing since I am not going to open/use it...

Hi ,heres my little input .Just got my SV-51 last night and only manage to toy around with it today .So far no stress marks or cracks are found after transforming it to the gerwalk and battroid mode .The only thing is that the legs are either pretty heavy when in battroid mode or the ball joint at the intake area is louse which is quite frustrating when posing on the stand .The other loose parts will be the arm at the elbow area ,it tends to swivel abit here and there especially the arm that is going to carry the gun itself .And the wings which when fully loaded with its payload seems in stress as it it is pretty much weight down .Other then that ,the SV-51 is really a very nice bird !

post-4830-1188377119_thumb.jpg

So boosters seem kinda heavy, just a bit. I've seen Yamato Scopedog mod with parachute packs lightened using a dremel to improve balance.

Is anything like that possible??

Anyways, I can't wait to find US sellers. I've spent too much time chasing things like deluxe TF's, time for a real deal.

(Although SV-51 price tag feels like it's gonna hurt me as if I am looking down a barrel of a cocked and loaded airsoft gun...)

Edited by konimon