Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

I had a couple Robotech Destroids.

I melted them in our fire pit. :(:o

I still have my RT Hovertank and my RT Destroids.

Back to the SV-51. Graham states in his update that the SV-51 is never shown standing. I disagree, Nora smacks the gunpod out of Shin's busted up GERWALK, in battroid mode before Roy comes and chases her away. It is clearly shown standing on the ground.

Edited by valk1j

Back to the SV-51. Graham states in his update that the SV-51 is never shown standing. I disagree, Nora smacks the gunpod out of Shin's busted up GERWALK, in battroid mode before Roy comes and chases her away. It is clearly shown standing on the ground.

Yep. It's a pretty clear shot from the second episode. She kicks the gunpod out of hand of the crashed VF-0 that Shin hops in. The scene is about 6 minutes in.

EDIT: with pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

And Ivanov... technically not standing.

IPB Image

Oh, and the CF SV-51. I don't know which I like best.

IPB Image

Edited by meh_cd

I don't think any toy company would pick up the licence for Southern Cross, the mecha are really fugly IMO.

Graham

Don't forget the sexhy LOOOOOGANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hovertanks were kick ass. Remeber they "upgraded" the h/tanks with enclosed canopys for the space missions.

Maybe the SV-51 can only stand when it's "active". Maybe it has some balance system that keeps it from falling down but can't stand on its own. Let's face it: the actual design of the battroid IS unstable per se.

In any case, who cares, as long as it comes with a display stand. Besides: if the final toy can stand on its own, it'll probably be a good idea to use a stand just in case you hit the desk accidentally.

Yep. It's a pretty clear shot from the second episode. She kicks the gunpod out of hand of the crashed VF-0 that Shin hops in. The scene is about 6 minutes in.

EDIT: with pics

The SV-51 does look menacingly bigger than the VF-0 in those screencaps eh?

:o

On the subject of "stability" of the SV-51, I hope that Yamato could make the thighs and and hips REALLY tight, so at least it can support itself in neutral stance. Example, the hip joints should not be the usual ball joint that so far the 1/48 VF-1, 1/60 VF-0 and YF-19 all have. Replace that with a ratchet joint since the legs are long and lanky which migh have issues with keeping it on an intended angle. I have problems with the YF-19 when doing a "mid air stance" due to the hips which can support the weight of the leg.

Also the toy overall should be quite light.....sorry to the die cast fans, but this toy is gonna be hard to pull off if its heavy. I imagine the upper torso is gonna be very light with most of the center of gravity focused on the legs and lower torso, pretty much like the YF-19. In other words, the legs and lower torso have to be "less hollow" than the top.

Yes, the SV-51 is very menacing. I just watched Macross Zero for the first time yesterday, and I'm already dead set on purchasing at least one SV-51 and one VF-0. I just have to decide which. :) Going to wait to see if the VF-0 shoulder problems are fixed, and I'm DEFINITELY skipping the first issue of the SV-51 just in case.

I'm going to have a blast posing my SV-51 like Ivanov's in that pic. :) :)

Edited by meh_cd

Yes, the SV-51 is very menacing. I just watched Macross Zero for the first time yesterday...

Have you seen the whole series yet?

one thing im worried about, the SV-51 is gonna be around 38cm. will it suffer from lack of details? if there's panel lines and rivets look details on the bird, then i think it's ok for it to be that big, however without all those, would it suffer from being too plain?

i sure hope not

I hope that the SV-51 weill cotain the Boosters in the initial package.

It'll be silly if Yamato sells the Boosters in a separate package...though I'll not be surprised if thety do sell it separately :angry:

I can see it now.

Initial run : SV-51 Ivanov

a few months later, Yamato will release SV-51 Nora

a few months later again, the SV-51 CF

and then the SV-51 Ivanov w/Booster :angry:

and then SV-51 Nora w/ Booster

After everybody buys a SV-51 with Booster, yamatop will then decide to sell a Booster package only :wacko:

Yamato will then say "Suckers!" :angry:

You have forgotten the SV-51 Stealth... (Ivanov reissue?)

and maybe some other variants: SV-51 Low Vis, SV-51 dark camo version, .... SV-51 Snow version, etc....

Edited by falcon14141

You have forgotten the SV-51 Stealth... (Ivanov reissue?)

and maybe some other variants: SV-51 Low Vis, SV-51 dark camo version, .... SV-51 Snow version, etc....

Well the first SV-51 toy IS going to be the black Ivanov variant, so I'd be surprised if they reissued it as "stealth type".

Edited by Lonewolf

I haven't handled the Yamato SV-51 yet, so this is purely conjecture on my part. but with the skinny limbs, smallish wing hinges and multiple small spiky antennas on the cannards, all 4 tail surfaces and all around the nose, I'm wondering if Yamato is going to be able to build enough durability into this thing.

Graham

I'd forgotten about that scene with Nora's SV-51 kicking.

I'm hoping too that the SV-51 will be at least able to stand in a neutral pose, but for those funky action poses, I imagine the stand will be a must.

Graham

Before Nora landed, his battroid lost an arm (& gunpod)..... perhaps after that she was not THAT top-heavy to need a stand to land :D

?

I haven't handled the Yamato SV-51 yet, so this is purely conjecture on my part. but with the skinny limbs, smallish wing hinges and multiple small spiky antennas on the cannards, all 4 tail surfaces and all around the nose, I'm wondering if Yamato is going to be able to build enough durability into this thing.

Graham

I'm more concerned about the way Yamato will pack the toy. There's still time to prevent the broken tail fins issue with the VF-0.

Graham

well, they should take a clue from the VF-0 and garland.. stop being cheap and use high quality plastics!

Graham

That's why I hope they will do their own interpretation. I don't mind a few structural changes. Like with the 1/48.

I'm more concerned about the way Yamato will pack the toy. There's still time to prevent the broken tail fins issue with the VF-0.

The packaging is fine. There is plenty of clearance. They just have to tell their factory workers to pack it carefully, the fault comes down to them.

Edited by kensei

after reading the update by graham, it looks like this is one is going to be a bigger rip off than the YF-19. the larger size, complex design, and being forced to purchase a display stand isn't what i had in mind.

oh well, no biggie seeing as mac zero isn't really part of my childhood nostalgia, i'll just skip it.

all i want from yamato is a VF-1D, SDF-1 and the YF-21 to go along with my YF-19.

anything else is a maybe but more on the side of maybe not.

I don´t rant frequently in regards to yamato but I feel the need to take a stand on this.

You know, as much as I love the fact that we are, for once, actually getting an enemy mecha ( and what a menacing beauty i may say), I think this is just getting ridiculous.

I mean, they way I see it right now Yamato is just increasing their prices whenever they can and as much as they want. I can understand that this valk is a LOT more complex than any other out there, but shouldn´t it be easier for them to develop these toys now that they´re using CAD ? I´m sure people will argue against this but just look at how fast they´ve been releasing these toys lately, certainly they´re getting faster than in the old days.

And it´s not just this valk, ever since the development of the 1/48 they´ve been testing the waters as to how naive we can be to pay endless amounts of money for what are, to my understanding, just toys. If you put it in perspective and actually compare Yamato´s practice with other manufactures you´ll start to doubt the ¨the newer the valk, the more expensive it has to be¨ status quo.

Yeah I know, if you don´t like the way it is, don´t buy from them, it´s YOUR choice to buy these toys...Problem is, Yamato is the only one out there making valks and when they choose to play this way with the consumers it is them who are limiting my chances of getting something I would gladly pay for at a reasonable price.

As it is now, I think I´m forced to limit myself to just the VF-0A and 0D if it ever comes out (probably they´ll charge another $50 just for the bigger delta wings and the extra edgar figure <_< )

Aegis ^_^

Edited by Aegis!

Oh crap, i just ordered a jumbo grade gundam, which i said to myself would be the last ever mecha i would buy, now this comes along. :(

Maybe one more, no i can't, must resist, already skint. :):(:angry::wacko:

Hopefully Yamato waits a long while on the VF-19A so that they can find out a bunch of little tweaks to make people a bit happier with it. I know plenty of folks are stoked with the YF-19 as it is but for those who will be buying both it's nice to know that the second item is an actual improvement and not just a simple re-paint.

I am actually hoping Yamato would re-interpret the design alittle and feed some vitamin to the SV-51.

The original line work from daddy SK was a little too anorexic for my tatse. Keep the FM as designed and give some handles to the BM.

And it´s not just this valk, ever since the development of the 1/48 they´ve been testing the waters as to how naive we can be to pay endless amounts of money for what are, to my understanding, just toys. If you put it in perspective and actually compare Yamato´s practice with other manufactures you´ll start to doubt the ¨the newer the valk, the more expensive it has to be¨ status quo.

Of course Yamato is milking us because they can. And they've been acclimating us to higher and higher prices-- prices that would have made us balk years before. It bugs me too, but truth is, Yamato's not in this for our health.

I too would like to see Yamato set more reasonable prices-- and at least consider the economic possibility of lowering prices to increase sales and net profit, but this almost seems a foreign concept to yamato nowadays. Instead, they operate as if past customers are the only customer base they'll ever have, and so long as their prices are set just shy of Ridiculous (and what's accepted as Ridiculous moves up with every release), we'll stay on board. They're probably right.

I am actually hoping Yamato would re-interpret the design alittle and feed some vitamin to the SV-51.

The original line work from daddy SK was a little too anorexic for my tatse. Keep the FM as designed and give some handles to the BM.

The only change i see that needs to be made is that the legs are kinda skinny.

to me. perhaps that will help with keeping it stable when transformed.