Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Has anyone noticed their SV-51's (in fighter mode) gun magazine not sitting completely centered when positioned between the two halves of the fighter/legs? I think I have my four tabs lined up correctly. I can lock one side perfectly into place, but can't tell if the other side is sitting properly. Anyway, it looks a little off. Is it just me, or is it a minor design issue? I noticed the head spike also is not completely centered either.

I don't use the tabs to hold the gunpod in... With a bit of fiddling/pushing, the gunpod can be made to sit perfectly centered. The magazines have to be securely locked together, in order to fit in the leg cavities correctly.

I haven't really had a problem with the head-spike, I usually just tweak the head until everything lines up.

~Luke

lol, should be interesting the little figure they do up for her. :lol:

Yeah, but it's very tall standing up, i just hope my cabinent is tall enough.

I am already running out of space fast, and considering getting a separate smaller cabinent for my YF-21 multiples

when they come around.... :D

I know this is a tad off-topic, but Dante, can you tell me if the Shin VF-0A is floppy in fighter mode like the Roy 0S?

-Kyp

If your worried about the arms hanging low, then I can tell you they're fine, but that might be do to the facts that I haven't transformed it yet. Also, it doesn't seem to have the broken back syndrome that my VF-0S has.

Is it just me or doesn't the Ivanoff insignia behind the cockpit not "POP" enough? In Zero that sucker was RED! On the Yamato it's kinds understaed. I would love a decal that was RED as all get out for back there.

Edited by sqidd

Is it just me or doesn't the Ivanoff insignia behind the cockpit not "POP" enough? In Aero that sucker was RED! On the Yamato it's kinds understaed. I would love a decal that was RED as all get out for back there.

It's not you :lol::lol:

The skull is there but it's too dark to make any contrast.

Could have been lighter ^_^

If your worried about the arms hanging low, then I can tell you they're fine, but that might be do to the facts that I haven't transformed it yet. Also, it doesn't seem to have the broken back syndrome that my VF-0S has.

So in other words, it doesn't have the floppy fuselage in fighter mode? Great to know, thanks! :)

-Kyp

Just opened and transformed mine today. Its great in all three modes. I just wished they used racheted joints on the hips and shoulders... Still, it stands and holds poses better than the YF-19. (hated the non-locking torso on the 19) Its yamato's best work yet (in my opinion) so far. NO QC problems on mine ( no stress marks, no dreaded left left hinges etc)

The wings dont seem to flop like people say (though a just little bit with all its accessories on in jet mode) even when held upside down. The stand is a plus but it isnt really needed for posing. I like it... Its tall, dark, spindly, imposing and looks just plain evil!! Definitely Toy of the year. (and worth sleeping on the couch on for a week lol!) the instructions are a little vague. I suggest you study them thoroughly so parts are locked tight. I had problems with the arms initially but after looking the instructions carefully its tighter than a drum!!!

I dont envy Graham at all in doing a review on this. Its going to take alot of words and pics to explain how all things fit and lock together. Though this would of been solved easily if Yamato included english translations. Anyways, get yours now before theyre all gone. Its definitely a guilt-free purchase and worth every penny!!

I went ahead and bit the proverbial bullet and bought a second one. My first one is great - but I accidentaly cracked the wing hing that flips down over the shoulders when you TF it into battloid mode. It was my stupid mistake - I thought it would go lower for for some really stupid reason applied excessive force even though I KNOW I'm not supposed to do that.

It didn't break off or anything - but the plastice that is "wrapped" around the metal bar is cracked and there is a stress mark and I'm afraid it'll fall apart one day.

Prefer to have another one - now that I know how it transforms I won't make the same mistake twice!

VFTF1

Whats the bet Nora's early birdy pre-order pops up in the next 2 days when HLJ.com come back from their training seminar?

Lets hope their training seminar improves their processing time. :D I hope it's still coming out this year.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So in other words, it doesn't have the floppy fuselage in fighter mode? Great to know, thanks! :)

-Kyp

Unfortunately, mine definitely suffers from this droppy problem - its fine if you have the landing gears deployed and have it sit on the ground - the weight of the plane corrects the drop, but if you lift it off the ground, the forward fuselage droops at the top of the heatshield joint. (most suffer from this I believe)

Mines still ok as well. i found while the wings will buckle if u gold the jet upside down, they are fine usually. i sitll cant put the outer pods on the wings, and to be honest I have neevr attcahed the boosters, but im happy with my purchase.

You do know how to attach the boosters, yes? It's very nifty - you must go under the wing where the small plastic rectangle is plugged and use the booster plugs to de-plug the rectangle, revealing plug holes on the top of the wing and then attach the boosters (and not loose the rectangles!)

Putting the outer pods on the wings is a bit tricky - but just be patient - they do attach with minimal force - well - no force - just a gentle nudge.

Ivanov is complicated to write about...

VFTF1

Oh yeah i know how to attach them. i just dont like the look that much. Nothing wring with em, just personal choice :)

The wing hardports on mine dont seem to like the pods in the outer slots. the 4 inner ones are fine, but the outer right 9i think) wont attcah at the front. I even tried shaving it down a bit to no success. But ah well, looks fine without em,

For my part - here's my problem:

There are two small metal "light swtiches" under each wing used to slide thin metal bars into the wing tips to hold them in place or (if you turn the "light switch" off), the wing tips are mobile...

Well the problem is that on one of the wings the light swtich only locks in half way - the thin metal bars won't fully enter the two holes protruding from the edge of the wing tip because - I suspect - the holes are not drilled deep enough.

How do I dig the holes deeper without breaking/fracturing the wing tip?

VFTF1

For my part - here's my problem:

There are two small metal "light swtiches" under each wing used to slide thin metal bars into the wing tips to hold them in place or (if you turn the "light switch" off), the wing tips are mobile...

Well the problem is that on one of the wings the light swtich only locks in half way - the thin metal bars won't fully enter the two holes protruding from the edge of the wing tip because - I suspect - the holes are not drilled deep enough.

How do I dig the holes deeper without breaking/fracturing the wing tip?

VFTF1

Pretty simple actually. If you have a pin vise (a pen sized manual drill) and the correct bit, all you have to do is simply drill it out. Just go to your local hobby shop and ask where they keep the pin vises.

Pretty simple actually. If you have a pin vise (a pen sized manual drill) and the correct bit, all you have to do is simply drill it out. Just go to your local hobby shop and ask where they keep the pin vises.

That's what I did too, the problem isn't that the peg is too big but rather the whole isn't wide enough for the peg.

Chris

I still haven't really learned HOW to lock t he arm pits.

With my second Ivanov coming - I want to be a master at his transformation.

Geez - this guy is more complicated than MP Megatron because with MP Megatron there's intuition to go on - I guess there's a certain aesthetic to TFs that you know how it's supposed to end up looking... whereas Macross is really DIFFERENT and I just am not accustomed to the aesthetic so I can't use instinct and wiggly my way through things...

So how do I get the armpits to lock exactly?

Mind you - I'm the guy who only recently discovered that his VF-1J super stealth version had a thingy-ma-bobbly with which to lock the backpack and that that wierd chair thing with the super parts served to secure the backpack further (I have yet to use either method but will try next time around)

Oh - and I pre-ordered three Stands on HLJ - anybody have these? These are the DYRL version ones and supposedly work with the 1/48s?

The only 1/60 leg-popper I have is the Elintseeker - whose chest is a pain in the butt to TF.... I know those guys fit well into the DYRL stands - but the 1/48s do too?

And will my YF-19 fit into one?

VFTF1

These are the DYRL version ones and supposedly work with the 1/48s?

The Yamato stands work great with 1/48s... I think Ivanov is the only thing they don't work with. I actually took a bunch of pics to do a full review... might take me quite some time to get it up and by then you'll already be playing with yours. As a matter of fact, I think I said I'd have the Launch Arm stand review up about this time last year! :ph34r: Blame Yamato for all the new releases!

Go Go Gadget HLJ Processing!!

Go HLJ Go!

I just put money on my credit card and want HLJ to hurry up and charge my second Ivanov & Woodland VF1A before I spend the money on there on booze, women and pizza!

Hurry HLJ! Huuurry!!!

VFTF1

Here's a link to Yamato's site with new pics. Click on the Photozoomer link to check them out. Good news, the missile pods and missiles are not black but the correct color.

and here's a little preview.

ph1190199962my7.jpg

Looks like Nora does have boobies. hehe...boobies...

B))