Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

You are correct. Here's some screen shots to prove it.

Forgive my earlier drunkin' posting.

Perhaps Graham can send Yamato an email pointing this out.

Or Yamato was just using Ivanof's for this display.

edit for truth

#2 screenshot (one with Ivanof)is from EP2. All others from EP5

post-867-1189315185_thumb.jpg

post-867-1189315192_thumb.jpg

post-867-1189315202_thumb.jpg

post-867-1189315213_thumb.jpg

post-867-1189315221_thumb.jpg

post-867-1189315233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roy's Blues

Actually, in the third picture in the second row it appears her pods are gray. Her booster and the missile in between are pure white but the pods are darker. The light is coming from below which is why the tops of the pods and booster are dark so it can't be a lighting issue.

You are correct. Here's some screen shots to prove it.

Forgive my earlier drunkin' posting.

Perhaps Graham can send Yamato an email pointing this out.

Or Yamato was just using Ivanof's for this display.

The attachement point on the missle is showing Nora's color.... wish they will correct them....

I think white/light grey looks a lot better with Nora's scheme... ;)

I'm pretty sure those the convention pics are just setup to show what kind of accessories that will be included with her set. They may end up changing colors for the production.

Who knows... they might've grabbed an Ivanov and repainted it keeping the same accessories. Take the VF-0A Shin version pictures for example it looked like they used a VF-0A CF and just repainted it partially to make it look like a Shin, but in the end during the production release it was actually different.

I'm pretty sure those the convention pics are just setup to show what kind of accessories that will be included with her set. They may end up changing colors for the production.

Who knows... they might've grabbed an Ivanov and repainted it keeping the same accessories. Take the VF-0A Shin version pictures for example it looked like they used a VF-0A CF and just repainted it partially to make it look like a Shin, but in the end during the production release it was actually different.

Good point but I need to be sure that the correct colors will be used for the production units, cause I won't buy it if they don't get the colors right.

According to the Hasegawa models Nora's missile are light gull grey as are the anti-ship missiles. Ivanov's 51 should be RLM66 Black grey same for the missile pods. This is all assuming that hasegawa colours are correct. The Ivanove model kit comes with two drop tanks that are painted in the light gull grey the same as Nora's, however the yamato's seem to not have them included and have an extra two missile pods.

nice fighter comparison pics with the vf-1a. that cannon fodder is cannon fodder. thanks for the nora sv-51 pics. too bad it can't be released sooner.

nice fighter comparison pics with the vf-1a. that cannon fodder is cannon fodder. thanks for the nora sv-51 pics. too bad it can't be released sooner.

Too bad?! I wish they'd push the release back at least two months and let my wallet get it's breath back. :wacko:

The Nora scheme looks great. if both these came out at the same time I'd have to flip a coin to choose. I'm hoping it won't be out for a while so I can have to time to stash a few bucks here and there until it's released.

This is the Hasegawa illustration of the kit with the boosters:

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/...g/10043422a.jpg

Looks like white booster and missile, grey pods. However, the instructions show light grey boosters for both Ivanov and Nora:

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/.../10043422t4.jpg

So it all depends on how canon you consider Hasegawa. Though with the recent revelation that Shigeo Koike actually designed the schemes, Hase might actually be more canon than the animation since I believe they have his input.

I like the gold when it's in the right angle where light hits it and it's bright but 95% of the time it's not... and when it's not, it looks almost copper-ish.

I really would have to see one in my hands to see it well but yeah...

I dunno, IMO I'd tweak it so it'd look right in any angle and under normal lighting.

However for the canopy, gold appearing in certain angles would look reaaal nice... it'd be awesome if they could do a f-16-ish golden canopy.... clear straight on, but gold when viewed from an angle. But with yamato's limited painting tech, they probably wouldnt be able to pull it off correctly, which in the case of such doubt, I'd be fine with a plain clear canopy. ^_^

Edited by Nani?!

Generally, glosses increase the effect that lighting/angle has on a color, and flats decrease it. Very flat paint looks the same from any angle.

Of course, metallics are affected more than any other type, so the normal gloss/dull rules may have different effects on them.

Generally, glosses increase the effect that lighting/angle has on a color, and flats decrease it. Very flat paint looks the same from any angle.

Of course, metallics are affected more than any other type, so the normal gloss/dull rules may have different effects on them.

yea, so I guess they can increase the solid color in the solid:metallic ratio.

It looks muddy in many angles... MUDDY. yeah... that's the word... ^_^

Come to think of it... THAT's what it looks like!

it looks like a magenta sv-51 took a nose dive into a mud puddle and then ignited it's afterburners, went mach speed and then the mud dripped backward from the speed and dried. :lol:

Edited by Nani?!

Ok, got my 51. Love it!!! I do have all the same problems that everyone else is reporting though....2 of the same hinges, floppy wings..excetra. Still a nice toy though, I'll do the fixes in a few days when I have the time.

Now, with that said here are MY gripes...wouldn't be MW without them :p . The leg swing panel(the part with the exaust ducts on it theat also has the peg that locks it in place in Battroid mode...well the locking pin is very loose and even poped out because the panel back separates too easily. I think that the gunpod magazines are really hard to get into place, I'm really afraid I'll over stress the legs while trying to get the gun pod in place, but addmitidly I don't know what else they could have done there. My MAIN design flaw/ gripe about the sculpt is the angle of the lower horizontal stabs. I don't think they lower enough. I pointed this out months ago when we first saw the prototype. I just think that how they don't have enough downweard angle on them, almost like they are permanantly set in the landing configuration. This is really noticable to me when the inboard missle/fuel pod is attached and the pod practically rests on the stab. Most are just the normal QC things and really on 1 design issue for me. Overall though a great toy.

Chris

Just got my 51.

Generally I like it and yadda yadda.....but since more ppl are insterested with the QC issues, here's on mine:

1.) Left wing can't fold....thus same hinge. Doesn't bother me much though so I don't even wanna fix it.

2.) Stress marks on the back hinge holding the wings. These stress marks look kinda scary as this part will be moved alot to lock the shoulders into place.

3.) One of the landing bay doors on the right leg is loose as hell and doesn't stay closed. I'll fix it with some blue tack or something.

4.) My right hand's complicated shoulder joint doesn't seem to lock. When moving the shoulder, the armpit part moves as well, if you guys know which joint i'm talking about.

And everything else...generally its tight and the joints for the hands and legs are tighter than my YF-19 and VF-0 so I'm generally happy with them. I don't have a problem with the missile hard points either. They are generally tighter than the Reactive missiles of the VF-1 which fall off with a slight nudge. Did some barrel rolls and swooshing...missiles stayed in place, though wings tend to fold under weight of a full payload.

Dobber: Don't get your problem with the gunpod and magazines. Didn't find any on mine. Did you remember to push the knees in (it was pulled out during transformation to battroid mode) when transforming back to fighter mode?