Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

The fourth picture looks much much worse than it is. The flash reflected a bit, but it's not cracked, and I've cycled it again, and it doesn't look any different. The plastic is reasonably thick at each stress point, so... I figure I'll just keep cycling, and keep track of any changes. If something breaks, I'll replace it with milled aluminum, or something. :p

~Luke

quite a number of us who got the SV-51 locally here have the same right wing unable to close fully, duplicated right hinge instead of a left hinge problem. Was wondering why graham mentioned his does not have a hinge problem. did a check on mine, yes it does have the same right hinge instead of a left hinge

What abt you swoosh, you have the same problem?

Yes, I have the same problem, but I will just leave it like that, I am not interested to close the wings in any mode...

ugh... i got jury duty next week, starting monday. Hopefully I wont get selected so that I can be back at work to get my 51!

During jury selection (called voir dire where I'm from), just admit to being a grown man who still plays with toys -- you'll be dismissed from the jury pool fairly promptly.

Worth the wait for sure. There seem to be some minor faults, they should be able to address them with the next issue. Just think of it as a delay release.

Macross Toy Collector's Dilemma...

Stress marks VS. Great poses

Man! should I buy this beast or wait for a second edition?... post6641188413737hk6.gif

Edited by Mowe

i thinks its better that they take their time. essentially nora's will have to have some corrections now that there are stress marks being found as well as the reversed wing joint

Another four transformation cycles, still no visible progression of the mark, and no others have shown up.

I will say that from a design standpoint, they could have put some pretty good-sized fillets behind the body/wing-support hinge, without affecting the transformation. This would eliminate the stress riser created by the sharp edge. Actually, I might do that with a spot of epoxy, or CA + glass microballons.

~Luke

This can be done too

DSCF1619_s.jpg

You forgot to angle down the gattling guns on the hips into firing position.....if it even can be done? :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Just got mine yesterday. Awesome 'little' black bird. Didn't transform it yet, will wait for Graham to show some vids. I have the same case where wings are not folder at the same level. The build in fighter mode is solid. Nothing to complain about. Booster adds weight to the wings and it feels like it will break apart. My right landing gear door don't close so tight. The Stand is nice, love the entire package. I like the detailing. The thing that i wish yamato could do is really look into the QC. All these problems are not what we really wanted to see. It is as if they think customers won't mind and will just go with it even though some of them are perfectionist like myself. I wish everything could be perfect and there isn't anything to report but the fact is, there is something wrong with every valk that i've bought. I just wish Nora will not have this problem. Just fix it. No excuse!

Anyway, i would really like this paint job. Especially on Nora.

05vf102.jpg

05vf109.jpg

Anyone has any idea if this rare bird is coming out? :blink: :blink: :blink: I DIG the Boosters more than SV-51

05vf105.jpg

Edited by ikhii