Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Yup. I remember putting the vf-0a right next to my vf-0s thinking to myself, "Yea man, Focker and Shin lookin KICK ASS!

The moment Yamato announced the Shin was coming out, it was like, SO WHO THE HELL IS YOU?!?!?!

People saying it looks good or bad is a matter of opinion....

What really matters is that IS IT ACCURATE to what FANS perceived the colors to be from what they saw in the anime.

I question the so called "Kawamori Official colors" these days because everytime we could have sworn to our perfectly working eyes that the VF-0a cannon fodder was bronze, the GHOST and it's accessories were darker, that shin's vf-0a had a white stripe on it's chest, that Nora was slightly orange yellow on magenta, yamato brushes them off and points to Kawamori...

Again, looking good or bad is a matter of opinion... Even Graham sometimes dismisses the not-so-accurate color choices by saying it looks good to him. I want what I know I saw and perceived on average under various lighting conditions... I know lighting makes things look different but we all have overall perception.

Yamato obviously has more control over the colors than we'd like to think... especially the subtle changes that are not accurate to what fans remember seeing, but still fall under the general range of what it "officially" is.

Again, I want what I know I saw on average.

I'm imagining the guy at Yamato, that chooses the colors for all their Macross releases, sitting behind his computer doing his newly acquired job which is choosing the right combination of pigments for the factory to use for their Valks. It's getting late and the sun is shining right into his monitor. The blinds were removed by his predesessor for some mysterious reason so he fiddles around with the settings to adjust for the brightness on his screen. After a couple of minutes he's finally content with the settings and look, his first project, Nora's SV-51, looks much better, in fact, it looks completely anime accurate! He quickly saves the file and sends it off to the prototyping department. Before going home he orders new blinds to be installed.

After a couple of weeks there's a big meeting with all the executives. He sees the prototype for the first time and he realizes that he's made a big mistake in choosing the colors. He just got this gig and admitting his mistake would surely cost him his job. Yamato's executives have never seen Mac Zero so they don't know any better, so he decides to take the risk and keep quiet.

As usual, the prototype is sent to a Macross enthusiast in Hong Kong who's widely known to be a Macross toy expert. The execs are confident that the toy is perfect and decide not to wait for the feedback that the HK expert might give them so they give the go ahead to start with the production of a couple thousand units. When production has started an email arrives from the Hong Kong expert stating that the colors are way off. What should they do? They can't stop production now and throw away half of their stock. They decide to blame it on Kawamori and tell the fans that this is actually the right color and that the colors as seen in the anime were not how The Hory Froating Head intended them to be. Colorchooserguy is fired and ordered to pack up his belongings and leave the building. He's desperate to keep his job and security his needed to remove him from the premesis. In the strugle that follows, the guy tries to hold on to anything he can and completely rips the blinds from the ceiling.

After a couple of weeks a new guy is hired to choose the colors for Yamato's Macross products. His first job is to make the upcoming 1/60 YF-21 look completely anime accurate. One day it's getting late and the sun is shining right into his monitor...

:rolleyes:

What's sad is that I can really see that happening...

Thankfully for me, I don't like the nora scheme, never did. So this will never bother me ^_^

edited for grammar

Edited by Busted VF1A

Looking good, and looking right, are very different. They could have made Nora's in all blood-red with black stripes. It'd sure look good, but it wouldn't be right. The metallic wouldn't look so off if it wasn't so DARK and orangey-brownish.

Metallic yellow and metallic dark gold/bronze are very differnet colors.

Bravo, Bravo Dante~ that was brilliant~ hehe :)

and yes, the scary part is I can really see that happening.

Looking good, and looking right, are very different. They could have made Nora's in all blood-red with black stripes. It'd sure look good, but it wouldn't be right. The metallic wouldn't look so off if it wasn't so DARK and orangey-brownish.

Metallic yellow and metallic dark gold/bronze are very differnet colors.

Exactamundo Dave. It's gotta look RIGHT.

What looks RIGHT is that painted Hasegawa model someone posted up some couple of posts ago.

Bravo, Bravo Dante~ that was brilliant~ hehe :)

and yes, the scary part is I can really see that happening.

Exactamundo Dave. It's gotta look RIGHT.

What looks RIGHT is that painted Hasegawa model someone posted up some couple of posts ago.

The Hase model on page 67 is too red to be anime accurate IMO. It's a beautiful model and actually looks better to me than the anime colours, and I'd be happy if the Yamato came out looking like that, but Nora's 51 is a little more pink than that model. The yellow striping is bang on though...way better than the bronze on the preproduction Yamato we've seen.

And what's with the clear canopy again? Is it really that difficult to make a transparent yellow/gold canopy?

The Hase model on page 67 is too red to be anime accurate IMO. It's a beautiful model and actually looks better to me than the anime colours, and I'd be happy if the Yamato came out looking like that, but Nora's 51 is a little more pink than that model. The yellow striping is bang on though...way better than the bronze on the preproduction Yamato we've seen.

And what's with the clear canopy again? Is it really that difficult to make a transparent yellow/gold canopy?

Maybe they mis-sprayed the gold tint for the canopy on the the body??? hehe :rolleyes:

The more I look at Yamato's gold stripes, the more I really hope yamato changes it.

Edited by Nani?!

I'm imagining the guy at Yamato, that chooses the colors for all their Macross releases, sitting behind his computer doing his newly acquired job which is choosing the right combination of pigments for the factory to use for their Valks. It's getting late and the sun is shining right into his monitor. The blinds were removed by his predesessor for some mysterious reason so he fiddles around with the settings to adjust for the brightness on his screen. After a couple of minutes he's finally content with the settings and look, his first project, Nora's SV-51, looks much better, in fact, it looks completely anime accurate! He quickly saves the file and sends it off to the prototyping department. Before going home he orders new blinds to be installed.

After a couple of weeks there's a big meeting with all the executives. He sees the prototype for the first time and he realizes that he's made a big mistake in choosing the colors. He just got this gig and admitting his mistake would surely cost him his job. Yamato's executives have never seen Mac Zero so they don't know any better, so he decides to take the risk and keep quiet.

As usual, the prototype is sent to a Macross enthusiast in Hong Kong who's widely known to be a Macross toy expert. The execs are confident that the toy is perfect and decide not to wait for the feedback that the HK expert might give them so they give the go ahead to start with the production of a couple thousand units. When production has started an email arrives from the Hong Kong expert stating that the colors are way off. What should they do? They can't stop production now and throw away half of their stock. They decide to blame it on Kawamori and tell the fans that this is actually the right color and that the colors as seen in the anime were not how The Hory Froating Head intended them to be. Colorchooserguy is fired and ordered to pack up his belongings and leave the building. He's desperate to keep his job and security his needed to remove him from the premesis. In the strugle that follows, the guy tries to hold on to anything he can and completely rips the blinds from the ceiling.

After a couple of weeks a new guy is hired to choose the colors for Yamato's Macross products. His first job is to make the upcoming 1/60 YF-21 look completely anime accurate. One day it's getting late and the sun is shining right into his monitor...

Absolutely brilliant. :lol:

But not funny with the YF-21... :( Lord help us. If they fricken do gold on whats supposed to be CLEARLY Yellow on

Guld's bird... so help me.

I'llll wreck up the place! muhuh huhuhhahahahahahahh!

*another Futurama quote* guess who. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

But not funny with the YF-21... :( Lord help us. If they fricken do gold on whats supposed to be CLEARLY Yellow on

Ha! That would be Richard Nixon's Head!!!

Didn't you all know that the YF-21 is Purple with Gold striping and intakes? :ph34r::p

Chris

Sadly it already did happen...

post-867-1187305251_thumb.jpg

It's still really early so it's not worth getting too excited over this yet, BUT, if in the end these do turn out to be the colors yamato isn't worried. They know even if we say we'll walk away we won't get far before the cravings set in, then we'll come crawling back for another taste of sweet, sweet candy.............Bam!

That was for you ruskii! :D

Chris

It's still really early so it's not worth getting too excited over this yet, BUT, if in the end these do turn out to be the colors yamato isn't worried. They know even if we say we'll walk away we won't get far before the cravings set in, then we'll come crawling back for another taste of sweet, sweet candy.............Bam!

That was for you ruskii! :D

Chris

XD

If this sv-51 isnt good enough, ill build my own sv-51, with blackjack and hookers, actually forget the sv-51 and the blackjack (another kinda futurama quote)!

lol don't forget the hookers! AAhhh love this show...

Check it out, this seller is claiming to have these ready for shipping.

SV-51 Auction IN STOCK!!!!

LOL! Gotta love his item despriction. :lol:

This is one of rare and hard to find Yamato Macross Zero Robotech SV-51y SV-51 Valkyrie 1/60 Robotech from Japan. This item is Japan version. The SV-51y SV-51 is an experimental fighter / valkyrie in the anime of MACROSS PLUS ROBOTECH. This valkyrie is about 12 inches high and it can transfer into Battloid type, Guardian type and Fighter type.

ON HAND NOW !!!

Factory Sealed!!!

A must for Macross collectors which are extremely rare.

Very rare instant collectors item!!! Limited Edition and Limited Quantity!!!

Looks like we're a dying breed. :lol:

I suddenly have an image of steve irwin (bless his soul) stalking through the urban jungle of akihabara... there it is, a rare macross fan in the wild! Look there! He has something in his hands, yes, yes, it's a scale toy of the sv-51, lets follow him back to his lair!

Somehow I highly doubt he has one in stock, if it showed a box then I'd beleive it.

I just sent the seller the email below:

I was under the impression that these have not been released yet. Do you have one that you can ship right now? Today? No delay? If so are you willing to prove it by taking a picture of the box and emailing it to me?

thanks

I am curious if they have one to sell also

While we're on the subject, I have a Macross Zero YF-21 very rare hard to find Macross fan collector item for sale now but later if interested pm me in 1/60 scale released on the heels of the popular Transformers movie.

VFTF1

LOL! Gotta love his item despriction. :lol:

Looks like we're a dying breed. :lol:

We are extinct species and can only be found in rare ebay auctions. If you can't find us in MWF, sure enough we will be bidding for rare macross stuff on Ebay. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, it's nearly end of the month and hopefully some news or any news of release, box art, or any new pics that can make our dying breed alive again.

Edited by ikhii

Shhhhh quiet. The R word makes my ears bleed. Even though Hong Kong usually gets these items a lot quicker than most of us not in HK or Japan I still think this guy is telling a fib. With only a 96.6% feedback rating I wouldn't trust this guy. With August almost ending shouldn't we see floods of new info or even what the box is going too look like? YAMATO open up and reveal the goodness and set it free assuming it's perfect of course. ^_^