Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

DAMN!!!!! Now I know I definately want that!!!!!!! It looks so much better in that picture!!!!! Love the finish of the color too. Graham is that the stand that will be inclueded? Also, this is schedueled to be released around the end of the summer right? I need time to save!!!

Chris

The girl was pretty small, but it is a big toy. Big in that it's long, longer than the VF-0 or YF-19, but it's very slim & slender from the side, much more so than the VF-0 or YF-19.

Yes, the stand will be included with the toy.

That is a painted resin sculpt, so the actual color of the production ABS toy may be a little diferent.

The release is tentatively sceduled for July, but that could be subject to change depending on how long it takes to resolve any unexpected technical issues that may (or may not) crop up during the production process.

Graham

Graham thanks mate. Awesome, truly awesome.

But those intakes look a little weird to me though. I think it's the pic, I'll wait for a close up.

The accessories too, great. Thank Yamato for actually adding value to their high priced toys.

I'll start by buying one. If it works out, then I'll buy 9 more!

Good Q/C (95%) perfect is the minimum I'll expect in this baby.

Edited by kensei

Amen! Graham, I have one more question.....now THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT OR A NITPICK.....I was curious why the engine fans are always put so far forward in these toys....starting with the 1/48 VF-1's to the SV-51......instead of them being further back in the intakes. Is this a consious choice on the designers part or is it done out of necessity for the construction process and so forth. It just looks really drastic in the SV-51 and I was curious.

edit: For my horrible spelling

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Amen! Graham, I have one more question.....now THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT OR A NITPICK.....I was curious why the engine fans are always put so far forward in these toys....starting with the 1/48 VF-1's to the SV-51......instead of them being further back in the intakes. Is this a consious choice on the designers part or is it done out of necessity for the construction process and so forth. It just looks really drastic in the SV-51 and I was curious.

edit: For my horrible spelling

Chris

I think it has to do with the toy's engineering. I mean, directly behind the fans are the first joint in the leg, and if they put the fans further back, it'll interfere with that joint...

Graham, is it supposed to come with 4 weapons pods, and not just 2 with 2 drop tanks? Is that a mistake?

Chris

In episodes # 1-3 of Macross Zero the SV-51s are shown armed with just two of the micro-missile launcher/auxillary drop tank composite pods mounted near the wingtips and two of the large R-33D Amos+ medium-range maneuvering missiles mounted mid-wing.

However in the last episode (episode # 5) both Nora and DD are armed with 4 of the micro-missile launcher/auxillary drop tank composite pods, along with two R-33D Amos+ medium-range maneuvering missiles and two overwing high-speed, high-maneuverability twin jet boosters. See screen capture below from episode # 5.

Graham

post-11-1172588041_thumb.jpg

Tks for the badass pic graham! :D Are there any intake covers for the intakes? Damn those stands are nice, anyway of convincing yamato to release them as an individual stand, and are they suitable for the 1/48 VF-1, 1/60 VF-0 and YF-19? Oh yes one last question, did yamato express any interest in doing the nora variant, with the yellow markings tampoed on? Tks

I'm sure I will be complaining about the price but I'm pumped. On the plus side, if it's going to be expensive, might as well be really expensive with accessories and stand. Looks flat out awesome especially with the flat black paint. Got to have it! Thanks, Graham!

Now that package full of extras I like!

Whatever the price, we will at least feel like we are getting more bang for the buck. Good move Yamato.

About the stand: I see that it can tilt up and down near the end (close to where it attaches to the plane), but can it move left and right?

By the way Wolfx, is that cute little girls your “scary Yamato guy� Dude, you need to go to the gym… just kidding :p

By the way Wolfx, is that cute little girls your “scary Yamato guy� Dude, you need to go to the gym… just kidding :p

Why of course. When posing for Graham, he henshins into a cute magical nurse girl. :p

And one more teaser pic showing the weapons that are included as standard with the SV-51.

FYI, the things in the top right corner are the two gunpod magazines.

Graham

Why are there two Gunpod mags? What's with the little fragile looking tabs sticking off of one of them? Is it made of POM?

Edited by Roy's Blues

Why are there two Gunpod mags? What's with the little fragile looking tabs sticking off of one of them? Is it made of POM?

Two mags is the standard equipment on the SV-51 ;)

Chris

In episodes # 1-3 of Macross Zero the SV-51s are shown armed with just two of the micro-missile launcher/auxillary drop tank composite pods mounted near the wingtips and two of the large R-33D Amos+ medium-range maneuvering missiles mounted mid-wing.

However in the last episode (episode # 5) both Nora and DD are armed with 4 of the micro-missile launcher/auxillary drop tank composite pods, along with two R-33D Amos+ medium-range maneuvering missiles and two overwing high-speed, high-maneuverability twin jet boosters. See screen capture below from episode # 5.

Graham

Cool I never noticed that, Thanks Graham! I always thought they where just external drop tanks like in episode 3!! So stoked over this thing!!!!

I guess the cover for the top of the wing, when the boosters aren't attached, will also help keep the wings sturdy too.?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I´m glad they finally have put some kind of extra value into these toys given their price and included the FP and all, at least the price will be justifiable this time.

Still, I´ll be one of the few who´ll wait for a 2nd run, this toy is far too complex to arrive problem-free to our doors. That, and the fact that even if I wanted, I can´t afford to get a new valk right now, still have to get Shin´s 0A.

I´m glad they finally have put some kind of extra value into these toys given their price and included the FP and all, at least the price will be justifiable this time.

Still, I´ll be one of the few who´ll wait for a 2nd run, this toy is far too complex to arrive problem-free to our doors. That, and the fact that even if I wanted, I can´t afford to get a new valk right now, still have to get Shin´s 0A.

Agreed. No preorder for me either. I love the looks and all the add ons, but not to loose my head over. I'm still waiting for reports.

What if it costs $250?

Up to now I've also waited for seconds releases, but this time I'll take the (deep) plunge and get the first release. I don't play with my toys anyway, they just have to sit in my display cabinet and look good. (If I keep telling that to myself I might start to believe it :mellow: )