Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

The extendable head is going to be funny! When they finally get around to it: I will probably reserve roy for Reactive Armor (and leave it in that) and just have shin in fighter mode with all the booster attachments vs nora. I wonder if they'll do non-canon paintschemes?

As usual the UN had all the good toys in the end.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I´m not trying to be a pesimist but i´m REALLY hoping they actually spend these 6 months of development in trying to eliminate ANY and ALL engineering flaws on this toy.

Please Yamato, use this time to prevent any QC and design issues so we can get a flawless first production run ( as it was promised with the YF-19)! SERIOUSLY

Oh, who am I kidding !? , they´ll probably just release it as is and wait for people ( like me ) to go and buy the flawed first run and release a 2nd flawless run so they can get double profit :lol::(

Haven´t you learned the lesson already ?

Man, you must be brave.

It´s not only predictable that this toy is even more prone to flaws than the YF-19 but it´s actually going to be even more expensive.

How do you sleep at night knowing this and plan to buy it as soon as it´s out!? I whish I was that optimistic.

I'd get an Ivanov and maybe a CF or 2 depending on the pricing and if deals/discounts are available by the time the CF hits. I don't like the lavendar Nora SV-51, though...

ow do you sleep at night knowing this and plan to buy it as soon as it´s out!? I whish I was that optimistic.

Haha, actually, I enjoy working on them... I just finally bought an MPC Alpha, and I'm planning out what will need fixing before it's even arrived :lol:

Haha, actually, I enjoy working on them... I just finally bought an MPC Alpha, and I'm planning out what will need fixing before it's even arrived :lol:

Wow, that´s cool.

I whish I had the skills to mod my valks, I´ve got many ideas for customs schemes and all but I´m always afraid of ruining my $100+ toys.

I just realise that the ¨my $100 plus toys¨ part just sounded kinda embarrasing :mellow::unsure:^_^

edit: damn grammar

Edited by Aegis!

I've never gotten too worried about the ruining a $100+ toy after my first attempt... all it takes is some patience and planning... the thing that I love about it is how much more rewarding a completely awesome toy is after you have personally made it work and/or look so nice...

Maybe somebody with access to a CNC mill and a bunch of aluminum should go into business, and make some high-end aftermarket upgrade components for the SV. :D At least then the first-run people would have some recourse, if/when things break, besides screaming at Yamato.

Not to mention an aluminum-upgraded SV would look really neat!

~Luke

We entrust that job on your expertise on the SV!!!! :rolleyes:

Maybe somebody with access to a CNC mill and a bunch of aluminum should go into business, and make some high-end aftermarket upgrade components for the SV. :D At least then the first-run people would have some recourse, if/when things break, besides screaming at Yamato.

Not to mention an aluminum-upgraded SV would look really neat!

~Luke

Funny you should say that, I am actually in the process of designing/building a 3D digitizer and a 6' x 4' CNC gantry router... :D (Don't know yet if the precision will be high enough, but there's only one way to find out, I suppose.)

~Luke

Would that result in a limited production run of your fine RC aircraft?? B))

Funny you should say that, I am actually in the process of designing/building a 3D digitizer and a 6' x 4' CNC gantry router... :D (Don't know yet if the precision will be high enough, but there's only one way to find out, I suppose.)

~Luke

"Haha, actually, I enjoy working on them... I just finally bought an MPC Alpha, and I'm planning out what will need fixing before it's even arrived"

Yeah... For all the complaining, none of my Yamato toys have broken whereas my Toynami VF6HA (or whatever the numerics were on Scott Bernard) has been a byach from day 1!!

Just yesterday, its' foot fell off - going to have to fix that...

Sure, my VF-11B from Yamato just didn't want to fold together into jet mode properly and its' leg fell off - but I think I must have just gotten a dud...

None of my other Yamato toys have had trouble -

Plus - I preordered my YF19 from the initial first run from HLJ and it is flawless.

Delicate toys, but certainly not brittle like Toynami...

Though toynami has the problem with the Alphas; my VF1S from them is solid - stupid and chunky - but solid.

Having seen Macross Zero, I look forward to the SV-51!

VFTF1

Yamato should make a product that shouldn't need aftermarket parts to make it be able to do what it was suppossed to do in the first place.

My hope is that they can make a polished, durable product that can be *gasp* played with out of the box.

I find it really weird that there's still no pics of the SV-51 popping up around the net.

Lets hope Graham got the chance to take some pics before having to run from Big Scary Yamato Booth Guy.

I'd love to see some pics of the Boosters on Ivanov's 51.

I find it really weird that there's still no pics of the SV-51 popping up around the net.

Lets hope Graham got the chance to take some pics before having to run from Big Scary Yamato Booth Guy.

I'd love to see some pics of the Boosters on Ivanov's 51.

I had diplomatic immunity from scary booth guy and carte blanche to take as many pics as I wanted. :D

Graham

I had diplomatic immunity from scary booth guy and carte blanche to take as many pics as I wanted. :D

Graham

Oh why must you tease us Sith Lord? :lol:

How was your flight back?