Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

COOL!! That's my Blue splinter camo SV-51!!!! I made that a few years ago, I was hoping someone would remember it!!! Thanks Macross73!!! I can post more pictures of it if anyone is interested.

Chris

seeing as i don't really care for the nora paint scheme(i assume its the nora since her valk is the only one shown "flapping" her wings), i'm not that excited.

also, with the recent design flaws and poor choice of materials by yamato, i have no desire to plunk down $150+ to pick this up and have it break on me.

sorry yamato, but i'm kind of tired of spending that kind of money for one of your toys, then having to fix your problems or just deal with it.

seeing as i don't really care for the nora paint scheme(i assume its the nora since her valk is the only one shown "flapping" her wings), i'm not that excited.

also, with the recent design flaws and poor choice of materials by yamato, i have no desire to plunk down $150+ to pick this up and have it break on me.

sorry yamato, but i'm kind of tired of spending that kind of money for one of your toys, then having to fix your problems or just deal with it.

Actually I am quite the opposite. Since the release of the yf-19, I am most impressed with Yamato on the QA. Yes, the gunpod is off a bit when in fighter mode but hell, the damn thing is solid. So I will therefore assume the SV-51 should be just as good if not better. Then again, we know what assuming does...

Tha kit bash looks great but I hope Yamato will make the seams a little more narrow.

IPB Image

Actually I am quite the opposite. Since the release of the yf-19, I am most impressed with Yamato on the QA. Yes, the gunpod is off a bit when in fighter mode but hell, the damn thing is solid. So I will therefore assume the SV-51 should be just as good if not better. Then again, we know what assuming does...

Knowing that Yamato took several years to develop the YF-19 the joints had BETTER be tight.

They plan to release the SV-51 sometime during mid 2007 which means in four to five months production will begin. That means they have very little time to tweak the resin prototype, make the molds, create a pre-production prototype, test it, tweak the molds, make another prototype, test it to make sure everything's ok and finally, start production. I hope they won't need to cut any corners in order to get it on the market in time.

i can't totally disagree.

at first i was totally on yamato nuts after i got my VF-0A, i thought it was the coolest thing out and was totally psyched that it didn't have any crazy issues like the VF-0S. then i saw the "Please Read" thread and noticed all the broken shoulders only to find the shoulder on mine was broken/breaking too.

its one thing when i had to deal with a small problem that i could fix and live with(i.e. gunpod won't attach to TV FP forearms), but its totally another thing when a major part of the toys breaks, with no way to fix it or replace it.

the part that pisses me off the most is, i'm sure the majority of us are delicate with our toys, i mean i handle my toys like i'd handle a newborn child, yet it just broke on its own....WTF is that lame ass crap about?

until yamato provides replacement parts, i don't care what they make or how cool it is, i'm simply not buying their stuff, period, end of story.

Dante74, you're right their time is very limited but I think that when you reach the quality level, it will be easier to maintain it. So with YF-19 they did a wonderful job, they can do it again in a shorter time...

Remember, once upon a time car manufacturers develop a new model in 5 to 7 years, now this process decreased to 2-3 years maximum. I hope the same process time reduction from Yamato. :)

Edited by charger69

Dante74, you're right their time is very limited but I think that when you reach the quality level, it will be easier to maintain it. So with YF-19 they did a wonderful job, they can do it again in a shorter time...

Remember, once upon a time car manufacturers develop a new model in 5 to 7 years, now this process decreased to 2-3 years maximum. I hope the same process time reduction from Yamato. :)

I guess they must've learnt some valuable lessons from every new toy they make. IIRC it took them three years to develop the YF-19. They must've gained quite a lot of experience during the process. I just hope the SV-51 too fragile to make into a toy.

i can't totally disagree.

at first i was totally on yamato nuts after i got my VF-0A, i thought it was the coolest thing out and was totally psyched that it didn't have any crazy issues like the VF-0S. then i saw the "Please Read" thread and noticed all the broken shoulders only to find the shoulder on mine was broken/breaking too.

its one thing when i had to deal with a small problem that i could fix and live with(i.e. gunpod won't attach to TV FP forearms), but its totally another thing when a major part of the toys breaks, with no way to fix it or replace it.

the part that pisses me off the most is, i'm sure the majority of us are delicate with our toys, i mean i handle my toys like i'd handle a newborn child, yet it just broke on its own....WTF is that lame ass crap about?

until yamato provides replacement parts, i don't care what they make or how cool it is, i'm simply not buying their stuff, period, end of story.

I cant blame you for that reasoning. I would have to tend to agree with you especially in the VF-0A. I havent found any breaking of the shoulder but the box of 4 is sitting in the basement. I opened the case and checked each one out after the "read this" thread. Then again I havent really handled them to know for sure. Right now I have to be really mad at them for not making the 2 seaters 1/48s.

Right now I have to be really mad at them for not making the 2 seaters 1/48s.

it ain't only you dude, i think its all of MW.

i could honestly care less about the VE and VT(i think it requires too much work on their part), but they should atleast make the 1D.

maybe NB4M will make his 1D kit for us, IIRC it supposed to be perfect trans too, though i do have captain americas conversion kit as a backup just in case it never happens.

it ain't only you dude, i think its all of MW.

i could honestly care less about the VE and VT(i think it requires too much work on their part), but they should atleast make the 1D.

maybe NB4M will make his 1D kit for us, IIRC it supposed to be perfect trans too, though i do have captain americas conversion kit as a backup just in case it never happens.

It's still in works. There have to be a lot of alterations done before this can happen.

It's still in works. There have to be a lot of alterations done before this can happen.

alright, so my new favorite macross character is NB4M.

you don't actually get to see him in any of the macross shows/movies(hes busy baking cakes with Marce :D) but he's in the one that makes thing happen. B))

i'm gonna drink a 6 pack in your honor!

Well, I'll be interested to see hoe it looks in toy form. The SV-51 had a nice fighter mode in the anime, but I'm not very interested in the battroid mode. Well time will tell.

GUYS, you are ALL forgeting the best PART of whats to come:

Yamato are planning other non-canon repaint schemes for the YF-19, including possibly a low visibility version and an all new color scheme especially designed by Mr. Kawamori.

LOW VIS YF-19, oh my God, my prayers have been answered, maybe ;). Man, i didnt get the yf-19 because i want dark/low vis scheme, and am really exited about the alternatives.

About the SV-51, in plane mode, the black and also the gray scheme are my favorates. However, from the model pictures, i dont really like the robot mode. Maybe i would stick with buying a model instead of this plane, eventhough i want the black scheme.

Well, I'll be interested to see hoe it looks in toy form. The SV-51 had a nice fighter mode in the anime, but I'm not very interested in the battroid mode. Well time will tell.

How can you not like the battroid (pope) mode??? Chicks DIG IT!!!

My wife actually said, I should buy it (maybe more), if Yamato ever makes it. She thinks it's one of the most sinister and menacing designs ever offered by a mecha toy company. And my wife doesn't like robots or mecha of any kind. That right there says a lot!

Pre-purchase permission from the wife!!! Wow the SV-51 will be something special.

My wife would love to see my Macross stuff on Ebay. :angry:

My wife actually said, I should buy it (maybe more), if Yamato ever makes it. She thinks it's one of the most sinister and menacing designs ever offered by a mecha toy company. And my wife doesn't like robots or mecha of any kind. That right there says a lot!

The only words I want to hear come out of Yamato's mouth are, "MOTOSLAVE."

That's most likely the case, tho' I would prefer the Yamato rendition of the Alpha Fighter.

I had to pass on the Knight Sabers, but if Yamato releases the Motoslave, I'll have to track those down at eBay. Althought if Yamato releases the Motoslave, I think a reissue of the Knight Sabers is in order.

Back on topic: Did Graham mentioned a resin prototype of the SV? When will we be seeing pictures of it?

Ooh nice I've been wanting the SV-51 since I'm not interested in the 1/48 two-seaters at all since I like the 1/60 scale more. Wonder how long til the Nora paint scheme comes out, hopefully before the end of his year, I'm digging the yellow and pink-tastic look!

If they make the telescoping neck from diecast or something metal would

that prevent it from snapping in half. Would most memebers want it made from diecast?

Would it be better to make it from ABS or something?

If they make the telescoping neck from diecast or something metal would

that prevent it from snapping in half. Would most memebers want it made from diecast?

Would it be better to make it from ABS or something?

depends on how long and thick the part is. If it's just one rod that slide out, I think a high quality plastic would actually be better since it would be lighter (less stress on the housing) and more flexible. But if it's a collapsing tube of some sort (like an umbrella) it would need to be made out of a better grade metal than diecast, imo.

I would think they would make it out of plastic. the part isn't actually a tube at all, its more like a hinged arm, that folds down instead of telescoping in.

Damn it, thing won't let me upload the screen shots I have.

Edited by anime52k8