Macross Mecha Manual

Mr March

Two very small nitpicks. Both in the DYRL section.

1. The cannon fodder's shoulders should be solid white with red arrow. Cannon fodders do not have the black deco that the hero valks have.

2. You state that Hikaru pilots his VF-1S without FAST packs during the Meltrandi attach on earth. During that scene, Max was the only one piloting a VF-1S. Hikaru and Kakizaki are piloting VF-1A's. Only Skull Leader flies a VF-1S and, at that time, Max was Skull Leader

God I'm a dork! Of course, excellent work on the site. It truly is awesome.

I love the work you are doing this is a great resource for Macross fans. The colored lineart really brings out the details of these variables. I was so happy to see the VF-11, it is starting to be my favored VF. I do have a small nitpick with the Mac 7 VF-11, the lineart you used is of the VF-11B. The VF-11C has a different looking heatshield, and markings on the legs. Also the VF-11C gunpod is much different then the VF-11B's gunpod. Not just the bayonet removed. Still though the work and effort that this must take shows, and I can't wait to see more. :D

I may know to much about macross lineart, valk1j needs to get out of the house :o

http://un-spacy-qmtdb.com/uns/variable_mecha/gu_13.gif

http://un-spacy-qmtdb.com/uns/variable_mec...lt_vf_11c_1.gif

Excellent site, Mr. March! :) :) :thumbsup: Y'all just became one of the one-stop resources for Macross mecha right up there with Nanashi's and the Compendium in my opinion. B))

I just have one tiny nitpick... Aren't the engines on Hikaru and Roy's D.VII replicas actually turboprops? The original D. VII didn't have that large exhaust on the side (usually seen with turboprop engines), as you can see in the pic below.

post-190-1175902139_thumb.jpg

Two very small nitpicks. Both in the DYRL section.

1. The cannon fodder's shoulders should be solid white with red arrow. Cannon fodders do not have the black deco that the hero valks have.

2. You state that Hikaru pilots his VF-1S without FAST packs during the Meltrandi attach on earth. During that scene, Max was the only one piloting a VF-1S. Hikaru and Kakizaki are piloting VF-1A's. Only Skull Leader flies a VF-1S and, at that time, Max was Skull Leader

God I'm a dork! Of course, excellent work on the site. It truly is awesome.

Nitpick away :)

1. I don't recall ever seeing a VF-1A Cannon Fodder in Battroid mode in DYRL? I suppose we can use the TV series as a benchmark. I'll see what I can doo about modifying the line art further.

2. Yeah, I was struggling over this one when I first made the entry up. My copy of DYRL? really sucks, so I was unable to discern what model of VF Hikaru piloted in that particular scene. There is no VF-1A DYRL line art, so I'd have to build one. Another pet project...ack!

Thanks for the comments. I'll see if I can fix these two.

I love the work you are doing this is a great resource for Macross fans. The colored lineart really brings out the details of these variables. I was so happy to see the VF-11, it is starting to be my favored VF. I do have a small nitpick with the Mac 7 VF-11, the lineart you used is of the VF-11B. The VF-11C has a different looking heatshield, and markings on the legs. Also the VF-11C gunpod is much different then the VF-11B's gunpod. Not just the bayonet removed. Still though the work and effort that this must take shows, and I can't wait to see more. :D

I may know to much about macross lineart, valk1j needs to get out of the house :o

http://un-spacy-qmtdb.com/uns/variable_mecha/gu_13.gif

http://un-spacy-qmtdb.com/uns/variable_mec...lt_vf_11c_1.gif

It's is lots of fun seeing these things in color and shaded. It's making me fall in love all over again with the Macross mecha :)

I have no high resolution VF-11C line art, so the VF-11B was utilized. Same thing with the Gun pod. Also, I was working off this particular picture (which shows Macross 7 VF-11B's with Bayonets) due to a lack of available Macross 7 screen shots.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/art/mcr093l.jpg

Hopefully I can get some scans in the future and do both versions, plus both FAST Pack versions (Square and round nozzles).

Nitpick away :)

1. I don't recall ever seeing a VF-1A Cannon Fodder in Battroid mode in DYRL? I suppose we can use the TV series as a benchmark. I'll see what I can doo about modifying the line art further.

One gets blown away outside the window while Hikaru is confronting Minmay just as the final battle begins. Right before (or after?) he slaps her.

H

Excellent site, Mr. March! :) :) :thumbsup: Y'all just became one of the one-stop resources for Macross mecha right up there with Nanashi's and the Compendium in my opinion. B))

I just have one tiny nitpick... Aren't the engines on Hikaru and Roy's D.VII replicas actually turboprops? The original D. VII didn't have that large exhaust on the side (usually seen with turboprop engines), as you can see in the pic below.

Thanks Pat! I'm really glad you like it.

I honestly didn't know what to do with the Fokker entry as far as the engine. I just filled in the statistics based on the real Fokker DVII, but there's no way to know for sure exactly what is powering the thing. A turboprop engine makes sense given what you've presented here, so maybe I'll just put in a generic "turboprop engine" for the entry. Not sure if we can be any more specific than that.

One gets blown away outside the window while Hikaru is confronting Minmay just as the final battle begins. Right before (or after?) he slaps her.

H

Oh, okay. I'll take a look. Is it a fairly big shot, cause my crappy DVD might not show much of the detail I'm afraid? I'll check it out. Thanks a bunch Hurin!

Gaaaahhh, the scene Hurin refers to actually shows the CF with the black shoulders. Worse still, it shows the CF with the lengthwise black stripe on the arms. THis actually contradicts and earlier shot clearly showing a CF in fighter mode without black arm stripes. This is tragic :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to show both variants.

Edited by Mr March

Okay mister_e, I fixed the DYRL section, removing the VF-1S Hikaru, and inputing the VF-1A instead. I also added Kakizaki's VF-1A sans FAST Packs. Finally, I added all three slightly different VF-1A Super color schemes, so we should be covered for any eventuality :)

Hey Mr March, excellent site.

But just a few things:

- DYRL Section - VF-1A heads should be Movie type and not TV type. This refers to the VF without FPs.

Keep up the great work.

;)

Yeah, it's just a temporary fix until I can do a serious head-swapping for the Film style noggin :) I'll work on it today.

***EDIT*** Film Version VF-1A's have replaced the old temp pictures. Enjoy!

Edited by Mr March

*rolls around floor laughing maniacally*

I've never seen this much quality lineart in one place with series correct colours! Bwahahahaha!

It's awesome!

Since this is a mecha thread I figured I'd ask this here.

The attached image... is this an 'official' design, just an illustrated design from an art book, or is it from a RPG system? I'd like to know because it has several details that I can use for my 3D Regult attempt.

post-2410-1176415760_thumb.jpg

That's a drawing by Kiyomi Tanaka, a designer who worked on Macross Plus. I'm unaware of it's status as far as canon. However, just based on observation and comparison with the few official internal drawings of the Reguld (as well as what is seen of the Reguld's innards in the anime itself), the diagram does not appear to contradict anything established thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it's the wierdest thing, your link takes me to the manual, and I see nothing but soem text. I click on "don't forget main page" and still nothing but your updates. Yet I clicked on a couple of peoples links on stuff they liked and pages came up!?? From what I saw it looks awesome! Just can't get to the rest!? - MT

Alright, it's the wierdest thing, your link takes me to the manual, and I see nothing but soem text. I click on "don't forget main page" and still nothing but your updates. Yet I clicked on a couple of peoples links on stuff they liked and pages came up!?? From what I saw it looks awesome! Just can't get to the rest!? - MT

Go here http://un-spacy-qmtdb.com/ and click on the Macross then on the next page click on either Macross Mecha manual or UN Spacy QMT Database which are on the left side of the page next to the word email and look like banners. then from there just click on what you want to see by series if you went to the mecha manual or by the name in the QMT Database.

The Macross Mecha Manual is running okay for me. When you click on the line that say "Don't Forget To Check The Main Site" it takes you to the splash page for the "UN Spacy Quarter Master's Tactical Database", the main website upon which the Macross Mecha Manual is hosted. The UNSQMTDB is under construction and revision, by briscojr84 and is not part of my own site.

Perhaps try it again and make sure to press refresh when visiting after an update so your browser downloads the newest updated menu pages.

Thanks guys, but I just get [attachmentid=42127]and then[attachmentid=42129]. Maybe it's a firewall thang? None of the text on the second page links to anything either :blink: Refresh was a no go too. I do IT work as a job, but I'm stumped. This is the only site I can't see!??? Thanks for your help! - MT

post-2518-1177254777_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1177254898_thumb.jpg

Edited by MechTech

For some reason your connection is not downloading any of the pictures from the M3. All the gifs, jpgs and other images don't seem to be downloading to your browser. I've logged into the site and double checked the folders. The Banner and Buttons folders have all the images they should.

As a test, I've cleared my browser cache and revisited the M3. I did the same for both browsers, Firefox and IE. All the buttons and images downloaded again, so the site is functioning normally.

At this point, I'm not sure what I can do to help further. Have you had this problem with the M3 before? Perhaps it's adware or a virus on your computer? Are you browsing from a computer that has my website content blocked for some reason?

If direct links to each section works for you, I can provide those. The M3 is a very small website (only 10 sections, including the acknowledgements pages), so posting the various sections is easy.

Macross Zero Section

SDF Macross Section

Macross DYRL? Section

Flashback 2012 Section

Macross Plus Section

Macross 7 Section

Features - Icons of Mecha Sub Section

Features - Scale Charts Sub Section

Humor Section

I hope at the very least this helps you.

Edited by Mr March

Thnaks Mr. March! Those work perfectly!!!? I don't know why, but they do! Nothing is blocked and my PC is clean. The humor stuff is just too funny. Keep it up and thank you again! - MT

Mr March any plans to add Milia's VF-11 to the Macross 7 VF-11 Entries? Yeah i know thats the last thing you need more color variants. It appears in Macross 7 P-L-U-S episdoe Top Gamlin.

I've plans to add more Macross 7 mecha and invariably more color variants will follow, especially since alternate color variants are easy to do, unless the paint scheme requires Angel Bird-like or Nora-like details (which are a pain to color...hehehe). I'm in the midst of trying to obtain more scans, since Macross 7 art work is very limited in my own collection of Macross art books.

Thnaks Mr. March! Those work perfectly!!!? I don't know why, but they do! Nothing is blocked and my PC is clean. The humor stuff is just too funny. Keep it up and thank you again! - MT

I'm really glad that helped, at the very least. Not sure what the problem could be. At any rate, I'm glad you're enjoying the site. The humor section was a lot of fun for me and a nice break from the rest of the content heavy site.

Edited by Mr March

I've plans to add more Macross 7 mecha and invariably more color variants will follow, especially since alternate color variants are easy to do, unless the paint scheme requires Angel Bird-like or Nora-like details (which are a pain to color...hehehe). I'm in the midst of trying to obtain more scans, since Macross 7 art work is very limited in my own collection of Macross art books.

Let me know what scans you need and I'll see what I can do... ;)

• 2 months later...