Macross Mecha Manual

Mr March

Clearly Misa wouldn't have been captured had she been in a VEFR-1. When the Zentradi grabbed her plane, a VEFR-1 could've totally spin kicked that guy.

Since the pilot would still have been a cannon fodder guy, they'd probable have ended up being captured.

Guest sh002

will you be adding more valkyries to the macross 7 section like the sound force and the vf-22? also do you plan on having a vf-x and vf-x2 or macross 2 section? cool site.

Edited by sh002

I'll use your question sh002 to let everyone know what's going on with the M3.

The next priority for the Macross Mecha Manual is profiling mecha for Macross 7. I've completed four new profiles to date and the majority of my time will be spent on that section until I've exhausted the material. Yes, Sound Force will be included but like most of the Valkyries (with the exception of the poor VF-11 that always gets the shaft, being built piecemeal on the M3), I'll likely only release profiles once I have all three units prepared along with all variants and the sound booster units completed.

Secondary to Macross 7, I've started building scans and coloring pictures for some game mecha. Since I've already involved several people and basically spoiled the surprise, I suppose there's no harm in stating what's coming up next. I've completed colored line art for the VF-11B VFX2 variant, the VB-6 Konig Monster and the SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie. However, I've no knowledge of any of the Macross games (since I've never played any) and so I must rely on others to help me build profiles. If you have any information about the Macross games or you've played them - and you'd like to help the M3 - please let me know. Your insight would be invaluable.

Tertiary to those priorities above, I'm revising the grammar/spelling for some old profiles, adding better scans and even the odd improved color picture. I'm also working to create a Schematics section and expanding/refining the Macropedia section.

A Note about...Future Updates

Whereas in the past every update had 40+ profiles and included new material for nearly every section, future updates are likely to be much smaller. Rest assured that work is continuing, but it will be at a slower pace. I just want everyone to be aware that I consider the M3 "mission accomplished" at this point. I'm continuing because I currently have the time and I enjoy the work. But that can change without notice.

Sadly, Macross II is nowhere on the radar right now. It's possible I may get to it, but I'm not making any promises. But who knows, I originally didn't intend to do much Macross 7, nor the Icons of Mecha, Macropedia and Humor sections, so who knows what the future holds :)

Edited by Mr March

I'll use your question sh002 to let everyone know what's going on with the M3.

The next priority for the Macross Mecha Manual is profiling mecha for Macross 7. I've completed four new profiles to date and the majority of my time will be spent on that section until I've exhausted the material. Yes, Sound Force will be included but like most of the Valkyries (with the exception of the poor VF-11 that always gets the shaft, being built piecemeal on the M3), I'll likely only release profiles once I have all three units prepared along with all variants and the sound booster units completed.

Secondary to Macross 7, I've started building scans and coloring pictures for some game mecha. Since I've already involved several people and basically spoiled the surprise, I suppose there's no harm in stating what's coming up next. I've completed colored line art for the VF-11B VFX2 variant, the VB-6 Konig Monster and the SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie. However, I've no knowledge of any of the Macross games (since I've never played any) and so I must rely on others to help me build profiles. If you have any information about the Macross games or you've played them - and you'd like to help the M3 - please let me know. Your insight would be invaluable.

Tertiary to those priorities above, I'm revising the grammar/spelling for some old profiles, adding better scans and even the odd improved color picture. I'm also working to create a Schematics section and expanding/refining the Macropedia section.

A Note about...Future Updates

Whereas in the past every update had 40+ profiles and included new material for nearly every section, future updates are likely to be much smaller. Rest assured that work is continuing, but it will be at a slower pace. I just want everyone to be aware that I consider the M3 "mission accomplished" at this point. I'm continuing because I currently have the time and I enjoy the work. But that can change without notice.

Sadly, Macross II is nowhere on the radar right now. It's possible I may get to it, but I'm not making any promises. But who knows, I originally didn't intend to do much Macross 7, nor the Icons of Mecha, Macropedia and Humor sections, so who knows what the future holds :)

Some schematic profiles would be sick.

Edited by Dinyctis

• 2 weeks later...
There's a chance some Macross II material will appear. There's just so much other work that needs to be done first. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Well whether or not Macross II gets into the M3, your work so far is so impressive I doubt anyone has the right to criticize it for not having this or that.

Oh, there have been criticisms. Very few criticisms, but no matter what one does in life, there are always a few pouncing for your jugular :)

I will say this: for a one man show, I'm very happy with what I've been able to produce for the Macross fans. Whenever someone here posts how much they really love the M3, it makes all the hours of work worth every minute.

Now, if only I could get paid to do this for a living... :)

So are you planning on doing any Mechs from the games like the Konig Monster?

With the number of different mechs and variants of each mech a search function would be great too! B))

The VB-6 Konig Monster, the SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie and the VF-11B "VF-X Ravens" are all complete and will be included in the next update.

A search function is beyond my humble HTML skills, but I was thinking a "Master List" in alphabetical order might work. Oh, the work never stops :)

:wub: Mr. March you rule!

And please keep your back-ups current! I want to be able to see your website at least after 5 years from now!

Don't worry, the M3 will be around for many years. Even if updates eventually cease (which they inevitably will, some time down the road) the Macross Mecha Manual will stay online indefinitely.

Mr March - you're missing the renegade power armour from the M.Plus section - do u need a few pics? I can supply them!

I have a MASSIVE library of almost every mech and ship From Macross, DYRL, Plus and Zero, if u need any - just gimmie a shout! (Years of scouring the 'net!)

BTW Site is AWESOME! I Really dig the colours on the line art - simple yet effective! It's Nice to see the VF-11 in colour! LOL!

Mr March - you're missing the renegade power armour from the M.Plus section - do u need a few pics? I can supply them!

You mean the Zentradi "Enemy" Battle Suit? :)

Zentradi "Enemy" Battle Suit

Make sure not to cling to the old Role-Playing Game terminology. Often times it's wrong. "Renegade Power Armor" is one such incorrect name, just as an example.

Are your pictures in high resolutions? I work in VERY big stuff. I could take a look at an example or two and see if I can use it. There is always rare stuff I'm on the lookout for.

You mean the Zentradi "Enemy" Battle Suit? :)

Zentradi "Enemy" Battle Suit

Make sure not to cling to the old Role-Playing Game terminology. Often times it's wrong. "Renegade Power Armor" is one such incorrect name, just as an example.

Are your pictures in high resolutions? I work in VERY big stuff. I could take a look at an example or two and see if I can use it. There is always rare stuff I'm on the lookout for.

Whoops! My bad! And here i was, for years thinking it was called a renegade power armour. :blink::lol:

My line art is mostly semi-high res. I can rumage thru it for stuff u don't have maybe? I'll have to wait till i get to my home pc to see how big they are.

Well, depending what you have I might be able to use some of it for indirect help. I really need a lot of color reference for the mecha from Macross 7. Pictures online for that series are woefully inadequate. I'm just using the show for reference, but a few cells couldn't hurt and some decent screen shots. The New Macross Class was a batty to color just going from the anime.

The compendium is a great resource, but going there is like going to the reference library at university... M3 is like the military channel. Sure you may not learn as much, but it's entertaining and full of great visuals. And honestly, I'm not missing that last 10% than i get at the comendium... if I need it, I know where to look.

The Macross Compendium is indispensable. My website wouldn't exist without it. It is dry and fact based, but that's exactly what makes it such a good website for Macross facts. Like eugimon says, it's the ultimate reference site.

The Macross Mecha Manual covers some of the same material as the Compendium, but has a much narrower focus and a different mandate. My site is meant to be mecha focused, entertaining and fun. So it is a bit more "jazzed up" and presented as such. But really, it's still just a glorified reference site even if it does look sexah :)

I really dig the site. All it needs to be perfect in my opinion are the mecha from the games.

Oh, I suspect it will never be perfect. But some game mecha can't hurt and a few will make an appearance in the next update :)

I was looking through M3 a few days ago, and I noticed that the unmanned VF-11 lineart you have up has but one miniscule flaw. Head laser~

Yeah, I debated that one when I built the custom piece of line art. It's possible for a military vehicle to be disarmed and still feature the external gun barrels, so I figured they might leave the head unit laser in tact :)

Oh, I see. I honestly couldn't tell. I looked over the only two angles they show of the drone VF-11 and couldn't determine if the cannon was removed. I'll give it another look. If the cannon is indeed missing for sure, it should be easy enough to fix it.

Edited by Mr March

• 1 month later...
Very impressive database.

On the note can you fix the links for the naval class ships? (SDF-1, Megaroad,etc) if it hasn't been mentioned before.

They seem to be working just fine.

valk1j

I suppose I could. I'll add it to the SDF-1 Macross (film version) line art section.

VFTF1

What gave it away? LOL :) Thank you so much for visiting and enjoying the website. I'm really glad you like it.

Ishimaru

Are you asking about the SDF-1 and Megaroad profiles on the Macross Mecha Manual website or the SDF-1 Macross and Megaroad profiles on the UN Spacy Quartermaster's Tactical Database website?

From the way you've worded your post, I'm guessing you're asking about briscojr84's website. Since the Macross Mecha Manual is a sister-website of his own, briscojr84 has decided not to feature any vehicle profile on his own UNSQMTDB website if that vehicle has been featured on the Macross Mecha Manual. He does not wish to duplicate efforts. This is why the SDF-1 and Megaroad ships all appear offline on his website.

Ishimaru

Are you asking about the SDF-1 and Megaroad profiles on the Macross Mecha Manual website or the SDF-1 Macross and Megaroad profiles on the UN Spacy Quartermaster's Tactical Database website?

From the way you've worded your post, I'm guessing you're asking about briscojr84's website. Since the Macross Mecha Manual is a sister-website of his own, briscojr84 has decided not to feature any vehicle profile on his own UNSQMTDB website if that vehicle has been featured on the Macross Mecha Manual. He does not wish to duplicate efforts. This is why the SDF-1 and Megaroad ships all appear offline on his website.

Ah...

My bad I'm assuming the site you posted in the other thread was your site.

Nice database by the way. ^_^