Appleseed EX for PS2

kung flu

Fan of shirow's work since alog ago, i will keep an eye on this.

Even if it wasn't a great title the stand alone complex game was fair and having a PS2 game about appleseed will be kinda cool

i remember the famicom game appleseed, it was something like 15 years and then new anime movie, game, live movie produced by John Woo :rolleyes: nice to see a francise that healthy

I like shirow's artwork too, but i've not read any of his comics. I've only seen anime like ghost in the shell stand alone complex. I really enjoyed the appleseed movie which is why im interested in finding out more about this game.

The GitS:SAC games were made by Cavia, though.

Cavia's good at making fun, if technically flawed, games.

For my money, the PS1 GiTS game is far and away a superior game to the PS2 SAC game.

As much as I'd like to hope this Appleseed game won't suck, considering it's 1) a licensed game and 2) based on a horrible movie, I doubt it'll be worth importing.

For my money, the PS1 GiTS game is far and away a superior game to the PS2 SAC game.

As much as I'd like to hope this Appleseed game won't suck, considering it's 1) a licensed game and 2) based on a horrible movie, I doubt it'll be worth importing.

Agreed, most licensed games are rubbish, but I'm hoping they might get something right this time. It does seem licensed games are improving but never hit the mark.

Licensed games tend to oscillate.

There were some damn good Atari-era and NES ones.

Every once in a while the "genre" gets so bad that developers realize they HAVE to expend effort. Then we get some kickass licensed games, and it starts sliding downhill again.

I think this game is based on the new Appleseed movie coming out this year instead of the last movie even though it uses the that movie's pictures. The games called Appleseed EX and the new movie is call EX Machina or something like that. So maybe a tie in with that.

• 4 weeks later...