Minmay Guard stickers/decals

Anasazi37

For those of you who have been following this project for almost a year, the wait is almost over. I was hell-bent on finishing at least one of the Minmay Guard sets this week. I chose the 1/60 because it was the most difficult. The 1/55 and 1/48 sets will be a walk in the park by comparison and I should have those done before the end of the month. I haven't had a chance to test drive these yet, but will do so this weekend. I'll most likely just print out a sticker set and slap 'em on a sacrificial Max 1A I have lying around. I will definitely post pictures. In the interim, here's what the set looks like so far. I took care of all the specialty stuff today (Minmay, "tire treads", lettering, etc.) and will put together the basic details and markings stuff tomorrow. I'm afraid you'll still have to paint the rear section of the gunpod and the nosecone, but everything else is taken care of. :D

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS SET. MY INBOX IS VERY FULL AT PRESENT DUE TO THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DECAL/STICKER ORDERS I HAVE RECEIVED THIS WEEK. I WILL POST A THREAD IN THE FOR SALE FORUM WHEN I AM READY TO SELL THESE SETS.

post-4-1065854775_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

Hiya Devin,

Can this decals be made in a 1/72 scale and fit on a Hasegawa 1/72 Battroid? If it can be done, i would love a set not forgetting also a 1/72 Blueroses decal set.

By the way devin, yamato should hire your to do their decals/stickers set for them cos your works are always of a high quality. ;):p

Thanks

Edited by recon

Hiya Devin,

Can this decals be made in a 1/72 scale and fit on a Hasegawa 1/72 Battroid? If it can be done, i would love a set not forgetting also a 1/72 Blueroses decal set.

Thanks

They could, but I deprioritized that set since Hasegawa released their own armored Minmay Guard model and the option decal set with the basic Minmay Guard markings. If there's enough interest I'll make the 1/72 set as well. Don't worry, I've got you down for the 1/72 Blue Roses set. :D

Hiya Devin,

Thanks

They could, but I deprioritized that set since Hasegawa released their own armored Minmay Guard model and the option decal set with the basic Minmay Guard markings. If there's enough interest I'll make the 1/72 set as well. Don't worry, I've got you down for the 1/72 Blue Roses set. :D

Hi Devin,

Yes i know Hasegawa came out with the Minmay strike variant, but the decals arent to my liking as too much pink were involved, not forgetting the minmay design wasnt as nice as the ones produce in the decal options 3 set. I was thinking of doing one till you came along and produce one, boy it would save me a whole lot of work dedicated to masking. Anyways i love this design more as featured in Model Graphics.

Hey no rush, just finish what you need to at the moment, if there is enough interest for the 1/72 Minmay Guard sets, im in. Meanwhile i will be contented to have the 1/72 Blueroses set. Minmay Guard set is a bonus. not forgetting i would love some of your 1/48 stickers set for the variants as well as the Fps.

Cheers

Thanks

Edited by recon

Had a little time this morning and decided to slap on the sticker versions. Some designs are hard to see because of Max's black paint job, but the most important thing is that everything fits! Whew! I also did not coat the stickers with a protective sealant because I was too impatient, so as a result they didn't stand up too well to repeated handling and transformation. The final versions will be coated--don't worry. :D

Max never looked so good:

post-4-1065890399_thumb.jpg

Hey Devin, are you by any chance making the new minmey guard stickers? there's a new one coming out but it comes with a strike valkyrie kit. It's call minmey guard. Let me know if you do. Thanx :p:D:lol:

Hey Devin, are you by any chance making the new minmey guard stickers? there's a new one coming out but it comes with a strike valkyrie kit. It's call minmey guard. Let me know if you do. Thanx :p:D:lol:

I haven't decided yet. I don't know if I like the new one. The design work on the original, including the Minmay, is so much more aesthetically pleasing to me.

post-4-1065895002_thumb.jpg

I haven't decided yet. I don't know if I like the new one. The design work on the original, including the Minmay, is so much more aesthetically pleasing to me.

hehe, you know me, I just want the minmey stickers on that puppy! She looks cool in that one. :p:D:lol:

hehe, you know me, I just want the minmey stickers on that puppy! She looks cool in that one.  :p  :D  :lol:

If someone can lend me the decal sheet that comes with the model, I'd be happy to scan in the Minmay and print a few stickers for those who are interested.

Edit: If someone's willing to do a high-res scan (600dpi, ~300% magnification) and email it to me, that would work, too.

Edited by Anasazi37

Anyone willing to part with a 1/60 VF-1S, or at the very least a head from a VF-1S? I want to make a proper Minmay Guard once this set is ready and I'm fresh out of VF-1S valks and Crazy Canuck custom VF-1S heads. I'm willing to pay cash or trade stickers/decals for what I need. :D

Just a quick update. I made a few small modifications to the designs yesterday, especially the large tire tread pattern that goes across the chestplate and nosecone. It now looks even better than before. I also finished up the standard set of decals that will come with it (panel lines, hatches, kite symbols, etc.). I decided to go with a low-vis color scheme so they don't steal the show away from the more specialized designs. I'll post a pic this evening.

Anyone willing to part with a 1/60 VF-1S, or at the very least a head from a VF-1S? I want to make a proper Minmay Guard once this set is ready and I'm fresh out of VF-1S valks and Crazy Canuck custom VF-1S heads. I'm willing to pay cash or trade stickers/decals for what I need. :D

i will part with mine.

Heh, only now I noticed that you skipped that pink/cream colored nose. Hooray for that! :lol:

Yeah....I figured if people want the pink nosecone, they can paint it on themselves. It's also very difficult to make a decal that can wrap around a conical surface without looking really cheesy....

Just a quick update. I made a few small modifications to the designs yesterday, especially the large tire tread pattern that goes across the chestplate and nosecone. It now looks even better than before. I also finished up the standard set of decals that will come with it (panel lines, hatches, kite symbols, etc.). I decided to go with a low-vis color scheme so they don't steal the show away from the more specialized designs. I'll post a pic this evening.

i'm dying to see the new pic and i can't wait til you do a 1/48 version.

ummm...does the nose cone really have to colored in?  :blink:

am i the only one that doesn't like that about the 1st minmay gaurd?  :blink:

i dunno, it just kinda looks wierd to me  :blink:

Yeah, I hadn't even noticed it until you guys mentioned it. I think it'd look kinda goofy in fighter mode, almost like the Valk had a beak or something.

The true origin of the Pink Peckers squadron!

• 5 years later...
Ah.... they have this in 1/48 scale as well, but pretty costly though, these versions

I just got this reply from them, but I'm not sure whether they are aware of what I am asking coz their website says 1/72 most likely for Hasegawa, some of the decal will fit at some points but I don't think the macross kite will fit.

It's kinda steep for the Minmay paris concert, $33? ouch. Anyway, I guess I will double check with them and get the 1/60 V2.

Samuel wrote:

> Hi Sir,

>

> THe sample in my web is fit for 1/60 Yamato Super Metal toys~

> Please advise if you have interest, thank you!

>

> Regards,

> Samuel.

>

> Samueldecal.com