Engage Planet KISSDUM. Coming 2007

UN Spacy

Well all the techniques and lessons Satelight learns while working on Kissdum series will be translated into their work on the new Macross series.

BTW, when is it expected to premier in Japan anyway?

Edited by Zinjo

Well all the techniques and lessons Satelight learns while working on Kissdum series will be translated into their work on the new Macross series.

BTW, when is it expected to premier in Japan anyway?

I'd rather that they learned the techniques from M0. Actually I hope that they've already started on the new Macross because refining techniques often takes longer than actually learning to use them.

And I think that it premiers on 4-3.

I can't see a show this polished and with such mass market appeal (robots, fighter planes, angst etc) not getting licensed.

*doesn't remember seeing the second episode of S.O.S.*

It's not guarenteed but with the quality looking like a Madhouse work and the pedigree that the show has I can't see why it wouldn't beyond the problem of cost.

*doesn't remember seeing the second episode of S.O.S.*

It's not guarenteed but with the quality looking like a Madhouse work and the pedigree that the show has I can't see why it wouldn't beyond the problem of cost.

S.O.S? Sokoku no/o Strain? ...or whatever it was called.

All right now that it's 4-3 how many hows do I have to wait for the raw? :)

I was doing a little referencing and found that Kawamori was a very busy person the last year and will be this year. Apparently he is also going to direct an original work called Space-Time Wars with Studio 4oC sometime in July 7-7!

I have the raw. I've skimmed over it but it didn't look terribly impressive. Visuals look good at least. This is just the first episode but judging by the lack of talk from the Japanese end (talk on Futaba were pretty light back on Tuesday), I guess even Kawamori's designs couldn't help its premiere. If I get a chance, I'll actually sit down and watch the full episode by the weekend.

I'm halfway through DL'ing the first episode. I'll post some thoughts when I watch it.

OK, my thoughts:

It starts off interesting enough, with a pretty engrossing shipwreck. Then we cut to the main story, which seem to revolve around these swarms of bugs who have the ability to spawn huge monsters. Oh, and a magical dagger. I'll check out the inevitable fansub, but I can already see that I'll skip Kissdum.

Edited by bsu legato

OK, my thoughts:

It starts off interesting enough, with a pretty engrossing shipwreck. Then we cut to the main story, which seem to revolve around these swarms of bugs who have the ability to spawn huge monsters. Oh, and a magical dagger. I'll check out the inevitable fansub, but I can already see that I'll skip Kissdum.

Yeah I think I'll be skipping this one also. It's gonna be a short series anyways because of the sheer amount of 3D that they've been using just in the first 2 episodes is gonna put a big hole in their budget.

I did find it kinda neat how they are using pacific 'the ring of Fire' and hinted at the legend of the Mu via the dagger. However I found it horribly stereotypical with the 'base' similar in shape to several others. :rolleyes: The pacing is nearly as bad because you never get a breath the entire show.

I seriously hope that Kawamori only did the designs and had nothing to do with the rest of the show.

I seriously hope that Kawamori only did the designs and had nothing to do with the rest of the show.

AFAIK, he's only the mech designer on this series. This is suppose to be Yasuchika Nagaoka's show.

I just watched the raw. I know I'll probably be following the series. I personally thought this was a really good first episode. I can't wait for a subbed version to know exactly what's going on. I caught a few things here and there, but with my very limited Japanese, a lot was lost.

I think it´s in the best interest of every macross fan that Kissdum does well. Why ? because it´s the testing ground for the next Macross Series.

I´m pretty amazed by the graphics on the show so far, they easily matched those of Macross Zero at some point, I´m just eager to see what they´ll do for the next Macross.

Stoywise, it seemed pretty random, but in comparison to other shows of this seasson, it left me with a good impression, that goes for the characters as well.

Let´s just say it has A LOT more potential than Aquarion did in its time.