Anyone gonna make taller tail fins for the 1/60 YF-19?

Kyp Durron

Since Graham mentioned in his review that the tail fins weren't tall enough, who here wants to step up and make some custom tail fins that are taller to match the lineart? :p

As I am awaiting mine, I know I would buy a set for mine. ;)

So who here wants to tackle the job?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller....?

-Kyp

Aren't the fins as big as they can be, yet still accomodate the "backwards" foot/ankle in GERWALK? AFAIK that's the limiting factor on the -19's v.stab size. You could make them larger for a battroid/fighter only option, and much larger for a fighter-only option. But to do GERWALK mode, there's not much you could add I think. (You could make them taller, and not increase the chord, but then you have the shape/proportions off)

I paneled line mine, there isn't much to panel line, compared to the VF-0S, the YF-19 is very sleek... but the limited panel lining does make it look better, the fins aren't THAT small, but I think the front canards could be a tad smaller to be proportional to the tail fin, I guess that's why they look a bit weird...but all in all, a wonderfully great toy...errr...I mean collectible

They are not really that small and as david mentioned, increasing the size could vreate problems with GERWALK mode.

Graham

Yeah, I saw that...I didn't realize that it would create a problem with that till I looked at the pics again...

It still wouldn't be a bad idea to have them taller for fighter mode, IMO. You could always take the taller ones off and put on the stock ones if you want to transform it.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron