how much have you spent on yammies?

do not disturb

Well here's a question for those to call to have thousands to millions of dollars worth of yamato. Why do you need so much and what do you do with them all?

At the most I could see having 4 of every toy. One to keep MIB, one to display in battroid, gerwalk and the last in fighter mode.

Well, if you think about it, their purchases probably account for over 50% of all of Yamatos Valkyrie purchases. So, without them buyin up so many, they probably would've quit making them due to not so high profits.

Yamato doesn't make these just for fun, they know Macrossworld members will buy the quality stuff, and in large amounts. Damn, I realized that with that, Yamato should be bending over backward for it's largest Macross purchasers. Shoot, they should even produce a Macrossworld exclusive valk in 1/60 and 1/48. I'd go for that.

Oh, and if my real estate endeavors push me over the $200K/year mark, I'll financially contribute to Macrossworld. LOL. Right now, it's wedding time, honeymoon, and paying off my car. :D

Well here's a question for those to call to have thousands to millions of dollars worth of yamato. Why do you need so much and what do you do with them all?

At the most I could see having 4 of every toy. One to keep MIB, one to display in battroid, gerwalk and the last in fighter mode.

true! true! You only need 4 of each if your intent is too display them in each mode and keep one mint in box. I dont know about others but heres is why I have so many.

1) maybe yamato will go out of business. I will have a lot of stock, and in turn, charge you guys 10x the retail price to buy them from me.

2) Im going to hire some people to add mods to the 1/48s. Once I figure some good mods to add, then I will have a lot of stock valks to add the mods too. Instead of finding out a few years from now that we have this great idea, but now we can not buy valks anymore because yamato is out of business. I have enough valks now that it would even be worth the price to start a production line to mod the valks. For example, if I figured out a way to add lights to the wing tips. Or maybe sometime in the future, there will be some technology where we could add even greater detail to the valks. So for now, I just buy them and store them.

3) I just have so much money and I like valks, so I buy a bunch. When you have money, there does not really have to be a good reason.

I'm actually winding down my collection slowly, I made some multiple 1/60 valks purchases in the last few years to mod but then I just suck at painting and such that I've sold some on MW and eBay. I just ran out of room storing them, right now I'm getting ready to sell some of the Toynami valks (VF-1S and Max FAST pack) since I don't like having 2 Roy 1/60 VFs and a 1/48 as well of his, I'm over the having all variations of the same toy. So I'm pairing down my entire toy collection that I don't LOVE as well as my other previous hobbies (animation cels, martial arts weapons, video games) etc. and selling them off and hoping to be able to get an upgraded home theatre system instead.

Edited by baronv

true! true! You only need 4 of each if your intent is too display them in each mode and keep one mint in box. I dont know about others but heres is why I have so many.

1) maybe yamato will go out of business. I will have a lot of stock, and in turn, charge you guys 10x the retail price to buy them from me.

2) Im going to hire some people to add mods to the 1/48s. Once I figure some good mods to add, then I will have a lot of stock valks to add the mods too. Instead of finding out a few years from now that we have this great idea, but now we can not buy valks anymore because yamato is out of business. I have enough valks now that it would even be worth the price to start a production line to mod the valks. For example, if I figured out a way to add lights to the wing tips. Or maybe sometime in the future, there will be some technology where we could add even greater detail to the valks. So for now, I just buy them and store them.

3) I just have so much money and I like valks, so I buy a bunch. When you have money, there does not really have to be a good reason.

Lord Kungfu,

We can't continue to just let you brazenly lie when it's been demonstrated that you're making this all up. If you were just harmlessly concocting all these fantasies of yours, we'd let it slide. But you alternately bash other members based on your own fanciful wealth, or just post random nonsense in order to brag about wealth that you clearly don't actually have.

So, you have three choices:

Substantively
address
where it is demonstrated that you are lying. If you can somehow explain away all that damning evidence, great! Otherwise. . .

2. Admit that you have been making up all these tales of your fabulous wealth (and stop doing so). And then we can all move on.

3. Keep ignoring these warnings and be banned for abusing other members, trolling, and brazenly lying in order to stir up trouble (jealously, resentment, etc.).

Until you actually make your choice, your posting privileges are revoked (posts must be approved by a moderator before being made visible).

Best,

H

haha, LKF you've been Hurinated! :lol:

getting back on topic....

Hm, interesting thread people actually justifying buying Yammies instead of investing... no offense to anyone, but this is too funny! :)

i can see your point but i see nothing wrong with it. for me, if i see the price jump on a item i own, i usually sell it. i'm not trying to buy dozens of these and hold on to them for 20-30 years, i enjoy them for what they are but if i see money making potential, i sell.

i see no harm in "investing" a small amount of money on some toys, i like toys and i'd rather be making a tiny 10% profit and doing something i enjoy, as opposed to looking at the newspaper and checking to see if my stock went up...which BTW gives me no pleasure whatsoever, no matter how good my stock are doing...well thats a lie but its just not as fun. i mean, don't plan your retirement around toy investments but have fun in what you're doing and sell if you see $$$ at the end of the rainbow. :)

getting slightly off topic,

i know someone here that buys mighty morphin power ranger toys as an investment. i'm sure everyone thinking, "WTF! thats show sucks and so do the toys". well i don't think he buys it because he likes it but because he knows when the kids of today grow up, they're going to remember that show and be like, "oh, that use to be my cartoon, i totally gotta find some morphin stuff" and those people are going to pay out the ass for it like we pay out the ass for our childhood cartoon toys. i can't say for certain but i'm 99.99% sure hes going to make out like a bandit when those kids grow to to be our age.

Lord Kungfu,

We can't continue to just let you brazenly lie when it's been demonstrated that you're making this all up. If you were just harmlessly concocting all these fantasies of yours, we'd let it slide. But you alternately bash other members based on your own fanciful wealth, or just post random nonsense in order to brag about wealth that you clearly don't actually have.

So, you have three choices:

Substantively
address
where it is demonstrated that you are lying. If you can somehow explain away all that damning evidence, great! Otherwise. . .

2. Admit that you have been making up all these tales of your fabulous wealth (and stop doing so). And then we can all move on.

3. Keep ignoring these warnings and be banned for abusing other members, trolling, and brazenly lying in order to stir up trouble (jealously, resentment, etc.).

Until you actually make your choice, your posting privileges are revoked (posts must be approved by a moderator before being made visible).

Best,

H

I knew hurin was racist. Your just pissed cuz Im not just successful, but a successful black man.

Its not a competition, but cooperation. I guess if Im god and you want to be competitive, then you have to be satan.

Of course your not going to post this. Because the truth has been exposed. YOu think you got the power of greyskull between your legs or somethin.

Best,

LKF

I knew hurin was racist. Your just pissed cuz Im not just successful, but a successful black man.

Its not a competition, but cooperation. I guess if Im god and you want to be competitive, then you have to be satan.

Of course your not going to post this. Because the truth has been exposed. YOu think you got the power of greyskull between your legs or somethin.

Best,

LKF

OK, now you're accusing Hurin of being a racist... wow, you're really grasping at straws there buddy.

Like I said, I'm here in L.A... put up or shut up. Let me see the storage of valks that you have so we can end all this.

Of course your to ignore this post like you ignore most of my posts that refers to you. Because the truth has been exposed. You wished you had the bank of Scrooge McDuck between your legs or somethin.

But then now you have to reply to me bacause I said you would ignore this post... either way, for me it's a win win, because I can't wait to see which idiotic turn you'll take. Take your best shot... Money McWishIhadalot.

Best,

LKF

Heh you've gotta to be kidding me.

You're pulling a race card now after all that's been said and done? poo none of us even know what you look like because you've never heard of an invention called a camera that could have been used to substantiate all the bullshit you've been spewing... let alone prove your race to us. Maybe you should your read your posts aloud before you hit the reply button from now on.

:lol:

Of course, I don't believe that you're black since just about everything you've ever said about yourself has turned out to be false. And, to my knowledge, this is the first time you've mentioned it. Either way, it doesn't matter. Now, if you were a Swede. . . then we'd have trouble. I hate only two things in this world: Intolerance of other cultures, and the Swedish. :angry:

;)

Anyways. . . you're gone. You've been given more than enough chances to do the right thing.

H

I could maybe see us being discriminating againgst LKF, cause he's a retard, but racist??? Yeah, this site is all about keeping the minorities down since we're all just a bunch of white people who walk around in white hoods. Hey LKF, why don't you drive your "Lambo" through one of our gatherings, and tell us how "ballin'" you are, being a newly found rich black man in this white only forum. I mean, that's what this site is all about.

-Geez, the sarcasm out of that was just super thick- Glad it's all taken care of guys.

I asked this before, but is there a way to add a tally function to our account profile? and then we could see a running tally instead of manually calculating the numbers?

I'm trying to find a online survey creator that we can run annually. But the thing is, I want to find one that allows you to enter your exact number of Yamatos, not within a range.

Thanks! I've found one, but it won't let me make multiple pages, I was trying to separate the Accessories and Valks, and also Series. But, I can make multiple surveys!

The results will let you input any number you want, and I can delete any dubious ones. Therefore, LKF cannot exact his revenge. :D

Results are also only presented to me in terms of how many people answered, and the average number. But you can work backwards and get the total Yammies. Should have this finished tonight, I'll see how it goes. It'll be very simple, and you guys can give me feedback, and i can chage whatever is necessary. Unless someone finds a better site of course.

Thanks! I've found one, but it won't let me make multiple pages, I was trying to separate the Accessories and Valks, and also Series. But, I can make multiple surveys!

The results will let you input any number you want, and I can delete any dubious ones. Therefore, LKF cannot exact his revenge. :D

Results are also only presented to me in terms of how many people answered, and the average number. But you can work backwards and get the total Yammies. Should have this finished tonight, I'll see how it goes. It'll be very simple, and you guys can give me feedback, and i can chage whatever is necessary. Unless someone finds a better site of course.

wow, that's very cool. Thanks for doing the leg work to make this happen!

The 1/60 scale VF-1 or 1/72 scale Valkyries don't count? :p

Edited by Wicked Ace

Thanks! Put that one in!

Also put in the Millia Figure set for her Q-Rau, that Yamato brought out later, and also gotta fix up the Hikaru 1/60 version. From what I remember, there were a FPed version of his VF-1J, and also a GBP-1S version, plus the GBP on it's own right?

I think that I've thought of everything.

1/48 Scale - VF-1

* VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL)

* VF-1S Roy (DYRL)

* VF-1A Max (DYRL)

* VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL)

* VF-1A Kakizaki

* VF-1J Hikaru (TV)

* VF-1A Angelbirds

* Super VF-1J Hikaru (TV)

* Super VF-1J Max (TV)

* Super VF-1J Milia (TV)

* VF-1A Production Type ("Cannon Fodder")

* VF-1A Low Visibility (Limited Edition)

* VF-1J Stealth (Non-Canon)

* Super VF-1J Stealth (Non-Canon)

* VF-1A Woodland Low Visibility Colour

* DYRL? Strike/FAST Pack Armour Set

* Stealth Strike/Super FAST Pack Armour Set

* FAST Pack Armor Parts Set (Clear/Transparent - Dengenki Hobby Magazine Special Limited Edition)

* GBP-1S Armour Set

* GBP-1S Woodland Colour

* GBP-1S Urban Camoflage Colour

("Hurin" 2006)

1/60 Scale - VF-1

* VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL)

* VF-1S Roy (DYRL)

* Stike VF-1S Roy (DYRL)

* VF-1A Max (DYRL)

* VF-1J Hikaru with GBP (TV)

* Super VF-1J Hikaru (TV)

* Super VF-1J Max (TV)

* Super VF-1J Millia (TV)

* VF-1A Production Type ("Cannon Fodder")

* VF-1A Production Type ("Cannon Fodder Toys R Us Special Edition")

* VF-1D Hikaru

* VE-1 Elintseeker

* VT-1 Super Ostrich

* GBP-1S Armour Set

1/60 Scale - Quaedlunn-Rau

* Millia

* Max

* Millia Special Figure Set

1/60 Scale - Macross Zero

* VF-0S Roy Focker

* VF-0A Production Version

* VF-0A Shin Kudo Version with GHOST Booster

* QF-3000B Ghost

1/60 Scale - Macross Plus

* YF-19 "Alpha One"

1/100 Scale VF-X2

* VB-6 Konig Monster

1/72 Scale - Macross Plus

* YF-19 Alpha One

* VF-19A Ravens (Special Exception)

* YF-21 Omega One

* VF-11B Thunderbolt

* YF-21 Omega One with FAST Packs

* VF-11B Thunderbolt with FAST Packs

Hopefully most people can get their answers in by the 6th Jan. This poll will continue to run, of course, as some products are not announced or released yet, but we would like to see how much we've spent up till the end of 2006.

References

* "Hurin". Yamato 1/48 Exhaustive Release List - Comments? Suggestions? Corrections? Additions?. 2006/12/29. Available from http://forums.macrossnexus.com/index.php?showtopic=96

I've also had to clear the survey results. Sorry to those 6 people who already did it.

I'm making specific surveys now for the 1/60 line and also the 1/48 line. (I'll finish up with the 1/72 Macross Plus one).

What I'll do is also fix the link up in my sig, and make a thread for everyone to see. Hopefully we can find a way to get this around to as many MWer's as possible.

So guys is that it? Everything on the list? I'm going to check the MW Main Page to see what I am missing.

Survey is up and running. From 18:00 (GMT +8). If you entered your results before then please enter them again. Veritas, I know you are one, also Wicked Ace? :D

Edited by kensei

Yeah, phew. Just typing the same thing over and over for that one. Almost finished. Also, let's see if Roy is truly the favourite among us MWers being released like 4 times and all.

Survey 1 is complete and provides overview of almost all Valkyries and accessories.

Survey 2 (Concerning VF-1 Valkyries is up as well). http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey....koixodpxd253941

Survey 3 Concerning VF-1 Accessories. Nice and Short. http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey....7whbrh51g253992

Survey 4 is for the VF-1 line in 1/60 scale. http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey....vx9924nc8253996

Survey 5 is for Q-Rau, nice and short, 3 questions. I wonder if people have been actively seeking these ones out? http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey....sav8m163w254003

Edited by kensei

Great work Kensei! One question; Are you going to add Valk value?

At the end of the 6th of Jan, I want to find the RRP for each. That will give us a good indication. Then I'll do totals. So sure. :)

No reason not to start now and get some hard agreed figures. Anyone up for it?

Anyway, done them all!

Macrossworld's Yamato Purchases Survey for All Products

I think that the first one should be done by all people.

The next few should be done if it is relevant to you, thus saving time. The longest ones are the VF-1 Valkyrie ones due to the large number of repaints, and also the 1/60 VF-1 line due to it's completeness.

Yamato 1/48 Scale VF-1 Valkyrie Survey

Yamato 1/48 Scale VF-1 Valkyrie Accessories Survey

Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-1 and Accessories Survey

Yamato 1/60 Scale Quaedlunn Rau and Accessories Survey

Yamato 1/60 Scale Macross Zero Survey

Yamato 1/72 Macross Plus and VF-X2 Survey

I think this will give you more than a satisfactory answer to your topic donotdisturb. :D

VB-6 and YF-19 are covered in the first survey and thus do not have their own surveys. If, however, Yamato is going to delve further into the M+ line, then I'll make one. But how much we spend might not really matter until up to a year after their release. With the VF-1 1/60 and 1/48 line, with the 1/60 VF-0s as well, we'll see some pretty impressive numbers.

Edited by kensei