VF-0A poll

Lonewolf

VF-0A versions  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which version would you buy?

• Cannon fodder VF-0A
    • Shin's VF-0A with Ghost booster

...snip...

I wonder if Yamato will milk these molds as much as they are milking the 1/48's?

If they do, they might end up doing a GBP. :mellow:

I'd love to see a Reactive Armor set for the VF-0, but I'm not holding my breath on it happening anytime soon.

Thanks for the comment doodler7, but the main problem in repainting a figure is that it looses all of it's value. Anyhow, I still have time to think about it.

Edited by Lonewolf

Hope that I am not holding my breath too long considering that Hasegawa released the VF-0S reactive armor before the VF-1 GBP, with no production date yet for the GBP.

If the model's sale numbers were good we should see armor from Yamato.

Besides armor will sell more VF-0's unlike the urban Ghost.

I'd love to see a Reactive Armor set for the VF-0, but I'm not holding my breath on it happening anytime soon.

Besides armor will sell more VF-0's unlike the urban Ghost.

I'm sure they think the drone Ghost will sale more VF-0s, I'm pretty sure the head is removable and it can be made into a support Ghost which people will buy a 2nd Edition VF-0S (whenever it gets released) to go with it. The Reactive Armor would have a similar effect. I too hope we will one day see a Reactive Armor release (and a proper CF release).

Well, if they release the Ghost in a separate package (that I know they will) later, then it's a no brainer, it's a matter to choose between a couple of white lines....

My humble opinion is get the 0A, and then buy the Ghost; so you won't spend so much upfront by buying a combo with both....

Hi,

I'm a bit uncertain as to which version of the VF-0A to get.

I like the cannon fodder's missile accessories, but I like the bonus Ghost fighter of Shin's version.

Since I can't afford both, I want to know which version you guys from the board like the most.

Thanks for voting and hopefully it'll help me choose.

Hey wait a sec... I though the pilot included in the released 1A (I had no idea it was a CF) was Shin... The helmet has lightings printed on the sides right? I'm I wrong? If it was a CF, why is the pilot Shin and not just a regular CF pilot...

I'm confused...

I'm still getting at least one bundled 1A with the Ghost.

I guess I'll have to wait an eternity for Yamato to release a 1/48 1D or any other two seater >(

...and yes, you forgot to include the "BOTH" option. The way i look at it is two(or fifty five) transforming toys take less punishment since they both share transforming events.

I have all my 1/48 on dysplay, and I rarely transform all of them, because it will just take way too long. Consequently they all get transformed less times.

Look, I did research for y'all:

Here's Shin's VF-0A from the Ghost thread

Thanks for the link ikhii. :)

I'll just insert the pics in here.

credit goes to whoever made them. Sorry, can't read Japanese.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

For areaseven's sake, please don't quote the images. ;):p

Here's a proper CF from the VF-0A thread

And here's a pic of Focker next to the VF-0A pilot courtesy of Graham (also in the VF-0A thread)

I'm going to get the hero that screamed like a pussy choking when Sara and the AFOS were aiming at him, hehehehe

kidding aside; I'd rather get the VF-0A with the Ghost attached, seems like a better option, we don't know if we need some kind of attachement for them if we get them separately, knowing yamato, if that is the case, that thing gonna cost extra

I like the version currently availableof the CF VF-0A a lot more than the "proper" one

And after much thoughts I think I'll go with Shin's version. Thanks for all you opinions, and keep voting if you'd like.

which are similar to the Yamato - just different hues all around:

Really? Looks to me like the TV version is all white with just a few splashes of beige (it is the beige that makes it a CF in my book). I think they'd look quite different sitting next to each other. I mean, you could say that Max's VF-1J is just like Miria's except for the hue. :)

Really? Looks to me like the TV version is all white with just a few splashes of beige (it is the beige that makes it a CF in my book). I think they'd look quite different sitting next to each other. I mean, you could say that Max's VF-1J is just like Miria's except for the hue. :)

What I meant was the location of the stripes and darker accents are very similar (but not identical) between the anime and the Yamato CF. The CG images you posted did not have any stripes at all. I do agree that the beige is better.

But back OT... Yammie CF > Yammie Shin, VF chest stripes are overdone, and the white stripes looks weird on the gray scheme.

I hope yamato will release a Cannon Fodder 0A (like in the pic above) with the Ghost pack...it looks so much better than the current 0A IMHO

Ditto, I would buy a proper beige CF before I buy the Shin pack.

Edited by ghostryder

Not liking the VF-0 battroid with the ghost attached, looks awkward and kind of ugly with backpack hanging low.

How does one even handle/grip the whole thing?

Ha, it just occurred to me that the wings can't be folded when the battroid is equipped with the ghost...

i like the ghost more than i used to in fighter mode. I also like it on its own.

in battroid.....well its ok. certainly not as cool as FAST packs.

if they release reactive armour for the 0S (Which would be cool) I hope we have the option to get it wothout an oS itself. i really only want the armour, I have 2 oS's already

They did it all the time on the 1/60 VF-1's. You only got the type of missile they felt like including. VF-1's without armor, loaded up with RMS-1's look really weird---I had to buy the other missile types from other members here, as I had like a dozen RMS-1's, and not anything else.

Huh? :blink: Yammie VF-1's 1/60 and 1/48 alike came with the AMM-1 and UMM-7. You had to get the FAST Packs to get the RMS-1's... because, like you noted, they just look funky without the armor. What other missile types are you talking about?

You ordered it at HLJ? You might not get it until june or july. They are notoriously slow at processing orders.

They can't be worst than BBTS. I'm still waiting for my YF-19 to ship that was due to arrive December 2006. We're the 31st and still no sign of it anytime soon.

Back on the subject, I'm still not 100% certain which version of the VF-0A I'll get, but I still have time to think about it. May be in the long run, I'll get the 2 of them... That would solve my dilemma. :p

Well from what I've read on this thread http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=21068

about shoulder joints cracking and breaking, I'd better wait for Shin's version coming out in May. Hopefully It'll be fixed by then.

I hope my YF-19 will be okay and not break up a couple of months from when I get it.