VF-0A poll

Lonewolf

VF-0A versions  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which version would you buy?

• Cannon fodder VF-0A
    • Shin's VF-0A with Ghost booster

Hi,

I'm a bit uncertain as to which version of the VF-0A to get.

I like the cannon fodder's missile accessories, but I like the bonus Ghost fighter of Shin's version.

Since I can't afford both, I want to know which version you guys from the board like the most.

Thanks for voting and hopefully it'll help me choose.

I'm not following the Ghost or Shin toys very closely so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you should buy the CF to get the missile accessories, then at a later date get the Ghost drone as a separate piece; this way you can have it all!

Cannon Fodder VF-0A http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/vf-0a/vf-0a.htm

Shin's VF-0A with Ghost Booster http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/s...a/shinvf-0a.htm

The main difference, is in the accessories. Other than that, Shin's version has a white stripe on the chest :) which the CF version doen't have. Also the CF version has sexy grey stripes on it's wings which Shin's version doesn't have. :(

Edited by Lonewolf

I can't imagine Shin's 0A NOT having the regular missles that are packaged with the 0S and current 0A. I have no proof that they will be included, but not doing so would be pretty silly on Yamato's part. Not having the regular missles would make it look pretty weird without the Ghost booster

They did it all the time on the 1/60 VF-1's. You only got the type of missile they felt like including. VF-1's without armor, loaded up with RMS-1's look really weird---I had to buy the other missile types from other members here, as I had like a dozen RMS-1's, and not anything else.

Well, if Shin's didn't have the continued white stripes going down the arms i would consider not buying it,

but it has, so that's a plus.

So what i am looking at is tampo'd intake '>'s there?

Another reason for buying it is that it will be in the gift pack.

Cheaper all round for us international buyers. I do like this ghost's scheme.

I have no idea what mode i will display it in, battroid is filthy, but fighter mode would be nicer. Meh!

So... as i have not watched it yet for perfectionism reasons, which VF-0 did Shin aquire the most flight time???? This one? :p

I would also have to say that i would buy Fockers 0S on it's 2nd release ONLY if the GBP was a go for the Zeros.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

They did it all the time on the 1/60 VF-1's. You only got the type of missile they felt like including. VF-1's without armor, loaded up with RMS-1's look really weird---I had to buy the other missile types from other members here, as I had like a dozen RMS-1's, and not anything else.

True. I had forgot about the 1/60 Strike & Super valks. But the 1/48 Super 1J releases had the all of the missile types included, so I was hoping they would follow that trend.

I'll never understand the topics which essentially ask: "Tell me which one I like more."

:lol:

Actually, I like both equally, I just thought knowing what other people thought about each version would be interesting.

Besides, there's nothing wrong in asking other's opinions.

I like the stealth on the shin, but i DONT like the white stripes, in fact, i hate them, it ruins this valk.

I have a vf-0a first edition, and i couldnt be happier, my best (along with vf-1s 1/48) ever. I however do like the gray stealth better, on the shin, but i simply dont like that white stripe.

Ya know, if there actually are two different shades of gray used for the main plastic I may actually end up getting both. If they're both exactly the same toy except Shin has a couple splotches of white paint then I'll probably just get Shin's and call it a day. I'm not a huge fan of the Ghost but I'd still buy the giftset for that once in a blue moon where I see someone else's Ghost and feel like playing with my own.

Now that we have a Shin VF-0A coming out, would it be safe to assume we'll see a proper CF at some point? Will that totally relegate the current CF release to "nobody's Vf-0A"? If that becomes the case maybe we'll never see a reissue of that particular valk which might make it a collector's item. Then again, if it is just a stripped version of Shin's, anyone who wants one can just buy a Shin version and strip it.

...snip...

Now that we have a Shin VF-0A coming out, would it be safe to assume we'll see a proper CF at some point? Will that totally relegate the current CF release to "nobody's Vf-0A"? If that becomes the case maybe we'll never see a reissue of that particular valk which might make it a collector's item. Then again, if it is just a stripped version of Shin's, anyone who wants one can just buy a Shin version and strip it.

Well according to Kawamori-san, the VF-0A that's currently available IS the proper version of the Cannon fodder.

Well according to Kawamori-san, the VF-0A that's currently available IS the proper version of the Cannon fodder.

Actually, I believe that's according to Yamato by way of Graham... in the same conversation they said "There will be no Shin because according to Kawamori Shin flew a CF like the VF-0A we're making"

I think it's now safe to say all that was bunk.

If it's going to be a collector's item, I'm screwed. I panellined mine, which makes it worth...nothing.

AAahhhh to hell with it, I love the color scheme and wouldn't sell it anyway.

I wonder if Yamato will milk these molds as much as they are milking the 1/48's?

If they do, they might end up doing a GBP. :mellow:

Edited by Dante74

Hey Lonewolf,

If I were you, I'd just get both to avoid the headaches or any remorse. Then you'll feel like a king!

Unfortunately like you said, some of us like yourself and myself, are limited in resources. If you'll be collecting pennies for the purchase, then buy the 0A with the Ghost...you get both with one purchase, a neat box to save space, and future purchase.

Don't be pushed around my a mere stripe of paint or naming convention of what's proper or not. You can always repaint the figure.

I'm actually waiting for the pre-order for the Ghost/0A combo....and maybe get the 1st issue of the 0A later, hee hee hee.

Mortgage sucks!

Good luck, mang!