1/55 recasted replacement parts

big F

Silverdragon has asked me to start this thread.

As many of you will know he is a past master at the art of recasting. The Strike kits he has done the Super Ostrich the GBP need I say more.

Recently I put to him that maybe he could cast some stuff that we all need.

I said some heads for Vf-1J as I havent got any spare, some guns as a few of my valks are without them head lasers to replace the bent ones, many other parts could be redone too I mean how many of you have a missing or broken bit.

One thing that could be doen as I know that many people have said they want them are thre clip in heat sheilds that sometimes pop up on eBay. I have some and would willingly send one over for the cloneing treatment.

Please post your ideas and hopefully when SD gets back from his vacation well have a good list for him.

Then we can work out the details and decide some sort of orders or somthing like that.

While I know that new sculpts would be welcome unless someone can make a master or provide something that has previously been cast. Now if its something previously been made by another member and we look at recating it we must have the permission of the original owner.

As is casting of any other parts (although Im sure Bandai might think differently) is a go-er.

Fast pack armor is in the bag already so shouldnt be a problem.

Guns and clips would be a good one Especialy the clips as everyone needs them.

Missles would be cool (I have none).

New hands mmmm I know of some gundam hands that will fit the bill, but again I dont have any. Yammie 1/48 hands could fit the bill I think.

Clear canopies thats more of a vac form thing I think.

I know someone who does that for a living (making RC car shells) If some one could come up with a mold master Im sure I could put my friend to work.

Keep those ideas comming guys

I have quite a few of the normal heat sheilds in plastic. but nothing like the one for the VF-1D so if a head can be done and the heat sheild for the D dosnt exist I would consider maiking one and then offering it for casting. Obviously this is down to whether Chris would mind or if some one does an new sculpt.

• 1 month later...

Silver Dragon is looking at doing some of the things on the list. Has anyone got any more ideas.

I have thought about 1/48 head recasts, with a slight mod to the way it attaches to the valk they could be used on 1/55`s. The size difference is not that much as the 1/55 head IMO was always slightly oversize. They are more detailed and Anime acurate. What do you all think ?

If anyone wants to mess with filled epoxy resin, that's great stuff! I've actually got some rare 1/200 models made out of that stuff and the only thing that has been a threat to it is hot water (fixed some warped areas). I'm considering fixing my yellowed 1/55 Elint. The top fast packs are missing. I'm also considering trading it for a 1/60 valk too??? Still thinking... - MT

Longer or (more?) accurate? You can't have both.

If these were to be done in resin, just like plastic, it has it's limitations.

Yes you can.

Rob Beers made some that were really awesome. They were just somewhat brittle.

We need some that are plastic-like and can handle pressure without snapping. Hell, do them in rubber so they won't break.

Edited by Skull-1

Yes you can.

Rob Beers made some that were really awesome. They were just somewhat brittle.

We need some that are plastic-like and can handle pressure without snapping. Hell, do them in rubber so they won't break.

I'm very familiar with Rob's stuff. I still have a few of his 1J heads. Really great stuff.

I think you missed my point about accuracy and longer head lasers. If you want them accurate you would do them to precisely to scale. But if you just make them accurate, but longer, well then they wouldn't be accurate. It's one or the other.

Producing the head lasers in rubber is just a another world of trouble. Resin is a fine medium and must be treated as such, without over exerting its limitations.

I'm very familiar with Rob's stuff. I still have a few of his 1J heads. Really great stuff.

I think you missed my point about accuracy and longer head lasers. If you want them accurate you would do them to precisely to scale. But if you just make them accurate, but longer, well then they wouldn't be accurate. It's one or the other.

Producing the head lasers in rubber is just a another world of trouble. Resin is a fine medium and must be treated as such, without over exerting its limitations.

They are too short, regardless, and too brittle in custom form.

Someone needs to come up with a durable set. Maybe resin cast around a paperclip or something to reinforce it.

I'd like to have a more accurate 1-S head. the current laser are ok with me

but a new face for the 1-S would be nice.

[attachmentid=39733] [attachmentid=39734]

edit:

I just remembered wasn't it Fulcy that made those copper head lasers , it was for the 1/48s though

post-3216-1169314969_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1169314984_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73