Ive just recently purchased the AV-98 "Alphonse" Ingram Unit 1 @ HLJ @ 40% off. Now I have both units 1 and 2! ^_^

Now... where the heck is the command car??

Haven't had the chance to open the box to really handle it, but it has insipred me to catch the series in full (after a 2-evening marathon, I've just finished the episode where Economy model Mk II got defeated by Noa. Only watch a a few episodes when it was broadcast on free to air some 10 over years ago)

Anyway, for those who are still looking for the 1/24 Ingrams, HLJ still has them for sale at 40% off for Unit 1, 25% off for unit 2 and 59% off for the CLAT version. For US folks, the current 50% off shipping via FedEx might help too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just got unit 01 a few days ago and I wanted to ask, how do I extend its neck? Is there some kind of a lever or a lock mechanism that needs to be pressed to extend the neck? My ingram's head looks all squished down to its chest.

If the head is FIRMLY stuck in the neck, don't force it out or you might risk breaking one of the neck pistons (like I did). Normally, you can just gently lift the head up without excess force. If that is not the case, then one of the neck pistons might have gotten stuck in its piston socket, which is actually a hole that opens up into the cockpit. To see if this is the case, simply open up the cockpit, shine a light into it, and nudge the piston out of its hole. See the following:

post-5445-127786622876_thumb.jpgpost-5445-127786620619_thumb.jpgpost-5445-127786622133_thumb.jpg

Edited by todd77

If the head is FIRMLY stuck in the neck, don't force it out or you might risk breaking one of the neck pistons (like I did). Normally, you can just gently lift the head up without excess force. If that is not the case, then one of the neck pistons might have gotten stuck in its piston socket, which is actually a hole that opens up into the cockpit. To see if this is the case, simply open up the cockpit, shine a light into it, and nudge the piston out of its hole. See the following:

Thank god that I was busy the weekdays and had enough time to see your post cause that's exactly what happened.

Thanks to all that reply to my post.

I bought the yamato alphonse a few weeks back from HLJ, they're selling it 40% off. I'm really impressed with the packaging and the figure is very well made, but i'm really worried about the cloth material covering the joints. It feels like the kind of material that over time can flake, go hard and crack.

Just ordered an Alphonse myself! Been out of the toy scene for a while, and I figure a 1/24 Ingram is a good way to get back into it :D . BBTS has it for 15% off and that actually comes out to be a couple cents cheaper than HLJ's price, and shipping is much cheaper as well of course.

Preordered the command car but still holding out on the Ingram's.

I waited a LONG time on the Yamato Scopedogs and got great deals on the best they ended up ever coming out with - so I want to try to do the same here.

EX: Both Ingrams 1 & 2 come out with Reactive Armor versions with many improvements over the first releases - you know the drill.

I preordered the car though cuz I think it will never be improved upon with multiple releases, or go down much in price more than 15% off . . .

Got my Unit 1 in. What can I say that hasn't already been said? It deserves all the praise it gets, I'm just blown away by the quality of the figure. Also happy to report that my waist joint is nice and tight. I notice that Unit 1 was reissued just a few months after release, perhaps they tightened up the joint for the reissues.

Oh, if someone could perhaps clarify something for me; there is a page of extra instructions, telling you how to load the gun and not to eat the silica etc., but what exactly are they telling you not to do in the second and third instructions? I'm guessing the second one is to not rotate the arm by holding onto the shoulder armor, and the third is to not pull out the cloth covering the leg.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to score Unit 2 at BBTS for just $230! Placed my order last night and got the shipping notice just now. I wanted to spread the news yesterday but right after I placed my order the listing changed to 'Sold Out', so I may have got the last one. The blue CLAT Ingram is available for $272, but that seems pretty steep.

Also, if you're looking for something to display with the 1/24 Ingrams (until the Pit-Road command car comes out), I found that the Transformer Alternator Prowl is a great partner to the Ingrams. He is in 1/24 scale as well and has the general paint scheme of a Japanese patrol car. The Binaltechs Prowl or Autorooper would be ideal, as they have proper Japanese police markings on them, but they go for over $100 compared to the $30 a loose Alt. Prowl will cost you on ebay (which is how I got mine).

prowl.jpg

Edited by Keiichi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Figured this would be the best place to post this. I've been building a Type X-0 Ingram kit over the past few weeks. She's just about done, though I need some new white to correct some unfortunate black overspray. Pictures below prepaint. I'll post more when she's complete.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=264271&id=538810142&l=8923af51c8

Oh well. I guess I missed out on both Yamato Ingrams....they're back at 23,100 yen. <_<

Buuuuuuuuuuuut...the CM's is on sale for 70% off until mid February. Should I get?

http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65120

Edited by UN Spacy

Oh well. I guess I missed out on both Yamato Ingrams....they're back at 23,100 yen. <_<

Buuuuuuuuuuuut...the CM's is on sale for 70% off until mid February. Should I get?

I've got quite a few of the CM's Ingrams and I like them fine. I got the movie versions of units 1 & 2, and the TV version of unit 3, but they're all basically the same. Nice bit of diecast. Poseability is reasonable, but nothing to get excited about. They are a little small and so some of the tiny pieces can be finicky to work with, especially if you want to change around the heads. I dabbed a bit of glue on the head parts once I assembled them, just for extra stability, since I don't plan to change the heads around. Antennae are softer plastic, and can sometimes fall out if you handle the toy a lot after they are inserted.

The only CMs Ingrams I don't particularly recommend are the reactive armour versions from the second movie. The covering on the arms is a thicker rubber, and it springs back enough that they don't hold poses very well. So, I wouldn't go for those unless holding bent-arm poses isn't high on your list.

I have a bunch of photos of the CMs guys here. Have a look.

the YAMATO 1/24 33cm./13in. INGRAM is PRICEY, to be quite sure, but O.M.G. is it EVER A HIGH WATER MARK in Mecha toy design!!

here's a reminder of the INCREDIBLE engineering and loving care that went into this fine scale precision model;

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/71408/yamato039s_124_ingram

imagine! once, not so long ago, this level of fine detail and scale functionality

was strictly limited to "FRANKLIN MINT" made fine scale models of classic vintage cars and trains and such,

and i recall that those usually sold for somewhere near what the INGRAM lists,

and sometimes more! NO ONE would have EVER entertained the notion of a precision scale model

of a "Silly Toy Robot" back then, no matter how realistic and believable it's design!! what a great time today actually is to be a Mecha fan!!

i wholeheartedly feel that anyone that has any chance at all of being able to foot the bill for this beauty

should not hesitate to do so! to me, it looks worth every penny and then some!!

Edited by Shaorin

It was on sale in December...IIRC it was around 55 or 60% off.

But it just wasn't in my budget since I already purchased the 1/60 VF-X, SDF-1, and GX-57.

make space in your budget! Its size and posable hands lets you have a lot of fun...

_DSC3425.JPG

And it's big enough to hold its own with other large toys

_DSC3427.JPG

Edited by eugimon