These pics are from the Yamato showroom. The vehicle is made by T-Rex, a company that makes some prototypes for Yamato.

Another Wonderfest exclusive like the Beagle ride armor saddle bags and the 1/60 v2 VF-1's accesories?

I hope not :ph34r:

post-557-1259348691_thumb.jpg

post-557-1259349111_thumb.jpg

These pics are from the Yamato showroom. The vehicle is made by T-Rex, a company that makes some prototypes for Yamato.

Another Wonderfest exclusive like the Beagle ride armor saddle bags and the 1/60 v2 VF-1's accesories?

I hope not :ph34r:

Please let that not be so! These look fantastic and it would be a shame if the Ingrams were left without their commanding partners.

Last week I wasn't planning on getting anything Patlabor-ish. Then the F* sales came along and I ended up getting the CM and the Wave.. plus the Yamato in the Black Friday promo HLJ did and I'm also watching the OVAs (so good I plan on watching the TV series) :lol:

I wasn't thinking about getting the Yamato but the collection dx video review sold me completely; what a gorgeous looking piece of engineering.

Anyways, about the CM Brocken. How is that figure. Heard that the CM Patlabor offerings got worse as they went on.

The CM's Barrier Jacket Ingrams are greatly improved by replacing the dissolve-tastic rubber with something more substantial.

Somehow I'm not at all surprised that Ohta has a thing for leather.

Wow, fantastic mod. What did you use?

Anyways, about the CM Brocken. How is that figure. Heard that the CM Patlabor offerings got worse as they went on.

The Brocken is awful :(

The first one I got broke both of its hips irreparably instantly when I tried to move them. The shoulders dislocate constantly, and replacing the armor to make the different versions is bound to stretch out the fabrics on the joints and make them hang awkwardly forever more. Mercifully HLJ was able to send me a replacement, but since getting it it's done nothing but sit immobile next to my Taisyo at the back of my Patlabor shelf. I really cannot recommend that figure to anyone; it's, for lack of a better description, shoddy.

The replacement sleeves for the CM's ingram were made from leather harvested from an old glove; good soft leather with a nice texture to it so it doesn't look too bizarre and out of scale (like the regular cloth joints on the CM's toys can). It improves the range of movement because it's not as stiff as the rubber, too, so bonus there.

Stupid question but, does CMS offer an US customer service? I realized today that the OVA version Ingram I bought from HLj has two of the same side chest-light covers instead of one for each side, so I can't display it without the chest lights, which fall off really easily. I bought it from HLJ ages ago when it was on clearance and only now noticed.

• 2 weeks later...
Compared to my AV-0s, I'd say the AVS-98s are even better quality. Nothing has fallen off and none of the joints have separated. Basically, they're just plastic molded versions of the die-cast Ingrams, with a few mods. There's even the detachable backpack where the coin battery goes on the Ingrams, but on the AVS-98 it just gives access to the little lever to raise and lower the pilot in the cockpit. Not as many features as the Ingram (no opening leg holster, cockpit doesn't fully open), but I'd say they're solid quality. Best of the plastic line yet (just not as stylish as the AV-0).

Well, i just got my CM's AVS-98 Economy and Mark-II from HLJ's Black Friday sale. At 5,880 yen each and free shipping, it was finally 'SANE' enough to get :p

So, yeah - these are GREAT FUN. None of the joint problems on the Brocken, nor the iffy parts-fit on the Peacemaker. Two more really good reasons for getting the CM's series of Patlabor toys... I've really had enough of 'lonely line-ups' for Patlabor!

One important mod I just did for both of these figures: I opened up the legs and stuffed them full of lead fishing ballast. Now both are nicely weighed down and much more stable for posing. One thing I discovered while putting back the legs: it is NOT easy!!! Those factory workers must have a hard time assembling these toys. Really gives a new perspective on the original 'crazy' prices.

In the morning I'll redo my shelf and take some pix.

Still hoping for a CM's Helldiver... even a softbi.

Edit: Shelf Pic

Patlabor-Dec09.jpg

Decided on Economy vs Griffon and Mark-II as a 'reflection' of the Ingram

Edited by drifand

Now that I've had some time to detail up and play with the CM's AVS-98 duo, I thought I'd share some more pix with the 'Labor nuts here :-)

01.jpg

(D)Evolution of a high-spec product. Life imitates art: just as in the anime, CM's AVS-98 Economy and Mk-II Standard are 'cheaper' variants of the original pricey AV-98 Ingram.

02.jpg

All-plastic construction with the best quality to-date for a 'Mecha Action' Patlabor figure. The Peacemaker was iffy on its PVC finishing and the Brocken was downright broken with its terrible joints. I've covered most of the screw holes with colored stickers.

03.jpg

Here's my take on TV episode 31 'Tragedy in the Rain'... Asuma brashly takes the showroom model Economy for a spin on the last day of the Tokyo Labor Show, and found the joints and reaction sluggish compared to the finely tuned Ingrams.

04.jpg

Ohta confronts Asuma over his irresponsible actions. Before they come to blows, Schaft enters the fray.

05.jpg

A container truck comes between the two and out springs the Griffon!

06.jpg

Ohta typically and literally loses his head in seconds even as Asuma charges forward...

07.jpg

The Griffon fights with 'life-like' motions and quickly dispatches the underpowered Economy model.

08.jpg

As the Griffon lifts up the pulverised AVS-98, Ohta fires off a salvo of shots in desperation, only to smash into the back of the AVS.

09.jpg

With a mighty throw, the Griffon takes out both labors, leaving a stunned but alive Asuma to retrieve the operating disk and return it to a worried Noa.

Of course, the Griffon flies off in the end leaving the remains of SV2 in the rain.

Next up is TV episode 39 'Mass Production Plans', in which Shinohara Heavy Industries revamped the disastrous AVS-98 Economy into the more powerful AVS-98 Mk-II Standard. One by one, the SV2 pilots - Noa, Ohta and Gomioka (from platoon 1) - put the new Labor thru its paces. As it learns the pilots' movements, the machine becomes more efficient, until SHH manager Jitsuyama declares the Mk-II is ready for a one-on-one fight with its predecessor, the Ingram...

10.jpg

Noa is selected to face off the Mk-II, which is piloted by a factory test pilot. It will be a match of newer technology versus greater experience.

11.jpg

Armed with a staff, the Mk-II is ordered to attack while the Ingram must defend. The Mk-II charges forward in an instant, but Noa is focused and waits for the right moment.

12.jpg

As the Mk-II comes within range, Noa side-steps and trips the new machine, disarming it in the blink of an eye. From the observation deck, Jitsuyama blurts out 'IMPOSSIBLE!'

13.jpg

Noa's Ingram snatches the staff and taps the downed Mk-II in victory. Inside the cockpit the stunned test pilot is fuming mad at his 'failure'.

14.jpg

The Ingram turns away, as if dismissing the threat. The enraged pilot picks the Mk-II up off the floor...

15.jpg

... and makes a cowardly attack from behind!

16.jpg

Without missing a beat, Noa grabs the Mk-II's arms and judo-throws it onto the floor.

17.jpg

Noa finshes the move with an arm lock. Jitsuyama tells his pilot to quit. The Mk-II has been defeated!

Following the fight, Cpt. Nagumo could not accept the Mk-II as an 'upgrade' and poor Platoon 1 had to soldier on with their old Pythons... until the advent of the vastly superior AV-0 Peacemaker. The End.

Awesome pics Drifand though I think your economy labor pics could use some "beru-beru" / "nyah-nyah" action (when Asuma was mocking Ohta) :p Also, did Noa actually Judo throw the Mk II or was that an improvisation on your part ;)

Ah, the mocking bit was pure comedy, and yes, I did embellish the fight :D

But good toys are like that - they let you relive your favorite moments from the show. Now that I think about it, the Mk-II actually showed up again on the last episode, in a beige/black scheme, piloted by a bank robber and had to be stopped by the newfangled AV-0s. I suppose if the sales figures for these were good enough, CM's would have made that variant as well. But reality bites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my Yamato 1/24 Ingram AV-98 Unit 2 today. I must say I'm very impresed with this giant beast.

Some pics make the original unit 1 look like it has weird proportions, but unit 2 looks fantastic to me in person. Maybe it's because the new head makes it look more robust (I love the head). Looks like the fixed the problemon the waist joint, so that may help too.

My only gripes come from the Ohta figure. I'll post pics soon (specially since i don't know of any photo made of this figure in the promo adds; not even the box shows Ohta). He comes with a normal expresion head and a yelling head. Problem: the eyebrows aren't completelly painted on the normal head... but that actually ain't an isolated incident: the extra sheet of paper included with the manual showing the unit 2's extra parts show the same cut eyebrows :blink:

Another thing is that Otha looks more fatty that I think he should. Doesn't strike you as a short but big bonned muscular person.

The head as said looks great and the other extra is the shotgun: The shoulder guard or whatever it's called can be retracted and the shotgun can be cocked.

Got my Yamato 1/24 Ingram AV-98 Unit 2 today. I must say I'm very impresed with this giant beast.

Some pics make the original unit 1 look like it has weird proportions, but unit 2 looks fantastic to me in person. Maybe it's because the new head makes it look more robust (I love the head). Looks like the fixed the problemon the waist joint, so that may help too.

My only gripes come from the Ohta figure. I'll post pics soon (specially since i don't know of any photo made of this figure in the promo adds; not even the box shows Ohta). He comes with a normal expresion head and a yelling head. Problem: the eyebrows aren't completelly painted on the normal head... but that actually ain't an isolated incident: the extra sheet of paper included with the manual showing the unit 2's extra parts show the same cut eyebrows :blink:

Another thing is that Otha looks more fatty that I think he should. Doesn't strike you as a short but big bonned muscular person.

The head as said looks great and the other extra is the shotgun: The shoulder guard or whatever it's called can be retracted and the shotgun can be cocked.

Good to hear that the loose waist problem has been rectified. A shame about the figure though. For my Alphonse, I had two of the same normal heads for the figure, but with one of them with a painted line to "correct" the smirking expression :blink::angry:

My only gripes come from the Ohta figure. I'll post pics soon (specially since i don't know of any photo made of this figure in the promo adds;

Wow congratulations on purchasing this amazing collectible, much looking forward to seeing your pictures !

• 2 weeks later...
SD Ingram 1, this one is hard to resist. ^_^

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/150795

is that a toy? or model kit? and when is it coming out? What toy line is it from? Damn I'd love to get me that! It'll go well with my old SD ingram toy. ^_^

ZOMG i caved and bought one!!!

Now would be the time for anyone to let me know of things to watch for, though the reviews have been good overall.

The above mentioned waist thing on unit 1 (that you can repair following a Yamato PDF) and that this summer you'll want to get this:

Yamato 1/24 Patlabor Type 98 Command Car. Summer release, price TBA

4437195345_e0be18c182.jpg

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/03/gff...orn-gundam.html