My big ol' Ingram just arrived and is fresh out of the box. Initial impressions-Wow, just wow. Real classy presentation with the white cloth wrap and nostalgia inducing, environmentally unsafe styrofoam-friggin awesome. Amazing detail is plentiful-from the metallic, etched intakes to the individual gun rounds. Initial worries-the vinyl used to cover the arms looks great but may be the kind that gets brittle real easy. Facial detail on Noa's figure seems off somehow.

I know all this seems pointless without pics, but due to an injury, I can only work with one hand. Arrgh-it's like a curse: all this good stuff is coming in the mail and I only have one good hand to handle it all. Anyways, this latest purchase seems to come with no regrets, and I'll see if could get a pic or two up since this Ingram is simply gorgeous.

My big ol' Ingram just arrived and is fresh out of the box. Initial impressions-Wow, just wow. Real classy presentation with the white cloth wrap and nostalgia inducing, environmentally unsafe styrofoam-friggin awesome. Amazing detail is plentiful-from the metallic, etched intakes to the individual gun rounds. Initial worries-the vinyl used to cover the arms looks great but may be the kind that gets brittle real easy. Facial detail on Noa's figure seems off somehow.

I know all this seems pointless without pics, but due to an injury, I can only work with one hand. Arrgh-it's like a curse: all this good stuff is coming in the mail and I only have one good hand to handle it all. Anyways, this latest purchase seems to come with no regrets, and I'll see if could get a pic or two up since this Ingram is simply gorgeous.

I think you're quite right with the Noa head sculpt. I think, at least on mine, the two heads supplied are actually the same, the smiley one. Just that the angry one has the mouth drawn downwards which defies the contours of the smile, on mine at least. Also, if you feel that Noa's head doesn't pop out as much as you'd like with the exposed cockpit (being the midget that she is), try padding the seat with some pieces of folded paper. I did that on mine and it looks so much better.

1/24 Ingram - It's pure awesome B)) Probably the best toy produce by Yamato so far. Here are more pics

http://hyperd.blog66.fc2.com/blog-entry-815.html

http://hyperd.blog66.fc2.com/blog-entry-817.html

http://hyperd.blog66.fc2.com/blog-entry-818.html

Edited by Major Tom

I got my huge Yamato Ingram and I must say this thing is so purty. Some pics down below showing how purty is can be. Furthermore I think its cool the waist is adjustable with two clicks giving the Ingram better proportions and possibility. The size, the detail, the vast array of gimmicks, the possibility, and some nice heft from the feet and inner frame make this one hell of a toy. If you're a patlabor nut or love this design it will be like heaven. Best of all either Yamato painted most of this figure or they used a ultra shiny plastic with super finish because it just glistens in the light.

post-5389-1244584357_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1244584387_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1244584486_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1244584530_thumb.jpg

I got my huge Yamato Ingram and I must say this thing is so purty. Some pics down below showing how purty is can be. Furthermore I think its cool the waist is adjustable with two clicks giving the Ingram better proportions and possibility. The size, the detail, the vast array of gimmicks, the possibility, and some nice heft from the feet and inner frame make this one hell of a toy. If you're a patlabor nut or love this design it will be like heaven. Best of all either Yamato painted most of this figure or they used a ultra shiny plastic with super finish because it just glistens in the light.

I think it's painted. Just compare the inner and exposed surface of the battery cover at the back. The inner surface has a much coarser / matte finish compared to the outer regions. Leftover finger prints would be a good indicator too ;)

Here's my Patlabor shelf at the moment. Most recent additions are the OVA red Brocken (after HLJ went on 50% discount), and the 2 sets of CM's figure collections.

01.jpg

The whole enchilada... Still hoping for saner prices on the AVS and Mk-II, and an eventual P2 edition of the 1/24 Ingram.

02.jpg

Close up of Capt Gotoh's car, 3 slacker mechs, SV2-2 members (except Izumi & Ohta in their AV-98s), and Chief Mech Sakaki.

I think the female figure next to the stooping Gotoh is probably Nagumo. AND, I have made an unofficial 'upgrade' for the Ohta's old Taisyo

by grafting a pair of real hands from the Zero's spares. looks pretty kosher to me! :-)

03.jpg

The Type-98 Command Car... luckily it's the same design in the 1st movie as well as the TV series. (I didn't care for the boxy version in the 1st OVA).

Shigeo is calling the shots as other crew members tend to Ohta's Ingram. BTW, I also purchased some diecut white circle stickers from a stationery shop

and used them to cover the gaping screw holes on my Ingrams.

04.jpg

Just out of the frame: 2 more mechs racing in with a revolver cannon on trolley.

05.jpg

Kanuka's Ingram 3 versus the unloved Brocken... and the 'old' Charawheels Command Car sitting pretty between the giants.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Yamato USA going to be releasing this, by chance? I'd be way more likely to finally whore myself out enough to get the big guy if I could buy it off the shelf here in the US.

And I looked thru the directions for tweaking the waist joint... while involved, it looks fairly straightforward. Anyone handy with a few hand tools shouldn't have any real problem getting in, doing the job, and getting out again.

• 2 weeks later...
CLAT Was in the series. Either the OVA or the TV series. It happened in a dream or something.

Both. Yamato's CLAT appeared in the TV series as New York's Ingram equivalent in Shigeo's dream (complete with a giant, remote-controlled robot). In the second OVA, CLAT was a spoof of Ultraman, though this time appearing in Asuma's dream.

Both. Yamato's CLAT appeared in the TV series as New York's Ingram equivalent in Shigeo's dream (complete with a giant, remote-controlled robot). In the second OVA, CLAT was a spoof of Ultraman, though this time appearing in Asuma's dream.

So both appearances were in dreams? Great! I can save my money and not splure on these dream-scheme Ingrams. :) I've got to choose my battles...

• 2 weeks later...
So both appearances were in dreams? Great! I can save my money and not splure on these dream-scheme Ingrams. :) I've got to choose my battles...

Just got my CMs Patlabor Griffon and Ingram. Must say Griffon fantastic!!!!

with the Ingram. Yeah its gots some gimmics and heavy as only CMs knows how to make it. But compared to my Wave I dont think it looks so nice.

Some Pics

DSC02763.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

I was going to get the Yamato Giant Ingram but at 400 bucks I will wait for the Blue Enforcer Color version and by then maybe my work situation may improve

Wait... you like the Wave Ingram better than the CMs? Really? I think you're the first... The Wave has wonky proportions, funny colors, and those awful rubber joint covers which ruin the articulation. The CMs is a thing of love, toy first, adult collectible second.

Wait... you like the Wave Ingram better than the CMs? Really? I think you're the first... The Wave has wonky proportions, funny colors, and those awful rubber joint covers which ruin the articulation. The CMs is a thing of love, toy first, adult collectible second.

Well, I have both the Wave and CM's and like him, I too prefer WAVE's effort over CM's in terms of proportions. To me, it's simply much closer to how the labor looks on TV - it has a more slender look without the oversized lower legs and elongated tummy that are characteristic of CM's version. Sure enough the rubber shrouds do get in the way and there aren't as much gimmicks as CM's but I enjoy it all the same. Of course, each person's mileage will vary depending on what he's looking for in the toy / model.

I do notice that WAVE's Ingram is rather difficult to photograph nicely, and the pictures shown on the box aren't exactly flattering either. Anyway, here are some better pics of WAVE's effort that I managed to save from Toy's Daily.

post-5445-1248482701_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482804_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482847_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482855_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482869_thumb.jpg

Surely it isn't that wonky? At the very least, it has a pilot figure that bears a better resemblance to its on-screen persona. ^_^

Edited by todd77

Well, I have both the Wave and CM's and like him, I too prefer WAVE's effort over CM's in terms of proportions. To me, it's simply much closer to how the labor looks on TV - it has a more slender look without the oversized lower legs and elongated tummy that are characteristic of CM's version. Sure enough the rubber shrouds do get in the way and there aren't as much gimmicks as CM's but I enjoy it all the same. Of course, each person's mileage will vary depending on what he's looking for in the toy / model.

I do notice that WAVE's Ingram is rather difficult to photograph nicely, and the pictures shown on the box aren't exactly flattering either. Anyway, here are some better pics of WAVE's effort that I managed to save from Toy's Daily.

post-5445-1248482701_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482804_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482847_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482855_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1248482869_thumb.jpg

Surely it isn't that wonky? At the very least, it has a pilot figure that bears a better resemblance to its on-screen persona. ^_^

This and I actually prefer the rubber. It looks more like what the material would be if it were real. I see many robotic assembly machines that have rubber sleeves. I also thinks its more line accurate and doesnt seem so chunky monkey

thanks

PS wow you took some great pics that does the wave toy Justice!

I need to learn how to Photograph "its a Lost Art"

Edited by nugundamII

Well, I'm certainly not going to bash you for liking a toy, and THOSE photos do look alot better than most... and yet, even in THISE shots my eye is immediately drawn to the funky way the knee bends (or doesn't) because of the rubber shrouds.

As for the fabric on the CMs, it comes from the tradition of real robot designs having things like 'ballistic cloth' covering the joints rather than the flexible plastic tubing style joint coverings of older goofy sci-fi space suits and such.

EDIT: Someday I'll develop a set of reading skills :p

Edited by promethuem5

This and I actually prefer the rubber. It looks more like what the material would be if it were real. I see many robotic assembly machines that have rubber sleeves. I also thinks its more line accurate and doesnt seem so chunky monkey

thanks

PS wow you took some great pics that does the wave toy Justice!

I need to learn how to Photograph "its a Lost Art"

Umm, those aren't my pics - I did mention that they were originally from Toy's Daily and I was too lazy to find the original link and so I simply posted those images that I had saved. Of course, kudos to the guy who took them. I could never handle a camera that well. :(

Edited by todd77