So who's getting the Yamato 1/24, when it comes out at the end of this month?

Graham

Much as I love Patlabor, I'm giving this one a miss. Kinda like the repetition of the VF-1, I've gotten tired of Ingram after Ingram. I'm lovin' CM's whole series of in-scale labors.

I am getting it... this My will be my last month in Asia after 9 years so I will buy every songle cool toy release... I have a 40" HQ container to fill!!! LOL!

I have one on pre-order, but it'll probably take a while before it hits my porch.

And I thought I was the only one. Whew. I really, really hope that it isn't plagued with QC issues considering the price point though (gulp!).

Edited by todd77

Call me a nay-sayer but I feel Yamato kind of spoils it when they aim for a big scale/magical +30 cm threshold for some of their properties.

I would have preferred Patlabor stuff in 1/60. Price would be cheaper and allow for a better milking of the property.

Feel the same about Votoms, Yamato should have done those in 1/35 or 1/48.

Nice find. The proportions to me looks quite nice (especially in the second link) since the lineart of the labor looks pretty squat too. The painted figure looks good to me. A quick google translation says:

Good: detailed accessories, exquisite packaging, body, patlamps, metal feet, OK level of die-cast content, large size, light-up lamps, knee and elbow joints

Bad: price, too easy to tilt the upper body

Wish the toy included a riot gun as well.

Man, looks great. I'm already anticipating a weathered version release coming up. Can the toy do lots of poses?

Check out the toy's incredible amount of articulation here and here.

In fact, if you haven't already, check out Yamato's blow-out feature list here by clicking on the listed links.

Edited by todd77

Pix from Japan's 2chan bbs of the just released CM's AVS and Mark-II:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

I like the retention of the cockpit feature, but I'm not sure if the pilot figure is included... might have to make do with a spare from the gohkin releases. Also, it seems the ugly sprue scar on the sample's cockpits has been greatly reduced. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sale... someday.

Argh, the wait is killing me. Overdrive hasn't even shipped mine and they won't resume shipping until May 7! Seeing the toy in Yamato's toy TV as posted here has me salivating even more - ratcheted, clicky joints!

Edited by todd77

Argh, the wait is killing me. Overdrive hasn't even shipped mine and they won't resume shipping until May 7! Seeing the toy in Yamato's toy TV as posted here has me salivating even more - ratcheted, clicky joints!

Wait you bought Yamato's Ingram? If so give us the full scoop review and all cause that thing looks sick!

To anyone who gets the Yamato Ingram - looking at the glossy finish it has, I'd be interested to know if it's just shiny plastic or if it's been painted.

When it's fully painted, I have to say the Yamato Ingram's proportion inaccuracies don't seem to matter so much.

patlabben.png

Just some love finally from me for my vinyl labors and new Brave Gokin OVA Ingram...can't wait for the rest of my vinyls to show up... I'll finally have one of each mold, and three Tyrants to reenact Noah's first big fight in the TV series!

EDIT: Here's another shot... this guy gets reposed every night, and I really can't leave it alone!

patlab2ben.png

Edited by promethuem5

Hey has anyone bought anything from foxanime.com? They got Yamato's Ingram for like $240 and free priority shipping!

Yes, it is already on sale in Amazon Japan - from List Price: ï¿¥29,400 to ï¿¥ 22,099

- You Save: ï¿¥7,301 (25%) !!! :huh:

Got mine yesterday, I must said this is 1 hell of a toy man, from the box art to the packaging and the QC of the toy, it's the best so far from YAMATO. If YAMATO were to make the Macross line like this Bandai would lose it's Macross fans for sure. The Box Art is like an art piece you can just put it up to display. When open, the toy is hold together by 2 styrofoam to keep everything in place, when open there's a piece of silk cloth over the toy top and under. The finishing is high gloss finished. This toy is heavy with it's leg diecast, parts of the body is too, I think mostly or fully painted. It's so highly detail just feels like the real thing. It comes with 2 barton, 1 made of metal and the other which can retrack made of plastic. The gun and rounds, 2 Batts for the lights, 1 Antena, 1 Figure and another set with just the head. Silicon included too. Only 1 thing that bother me, the paint job at the back (only a small part) have some bubbles and uneven but overall it's great. I hope they made the Macross this way.

Edited by Dashgtr

Got mine yesterday, I must said this is 1 hell of a toy man, from the box art to the packaging and the QC of the toy, it's the best so far from YAMATO. If YAMATO were to make the Macross line like this Bandai would lose it's Macross fans for sure. The Box Art is like an art piece you can just put it up to display. When open, the toy is hold together by 2 styrofoam to keep everything in place, when open there's a piece of silk cloth over the toy top and under. The finishing is high gloss finished. This toy is heavy with it's leg diecast, parts of the body is too, I think mostly or fully painted. It's so highly detail just feels like the real thing. It comes with 2 barton, 1 made of metal and the other which can retrack made of plastic. The gun and rounds, 2 Batts for the lights, 1 Antena, 1 Figure and another set with just the head. Silicon included too. Only 1 thing that bother me, the paint job at the back (only a small part) have some bubbles and uneven but overall it's great. I hope they made the Macross this way.

Where did you get yours from? OverDrive STILL hasn't shipped mine citing delays in their shipment. Argh! How's the articulation of the toy? Any loose parts?

The Yamato Ingram looks amazing. Even though I'm not a huge Patlabor fan, I'm half tempted to buy one.

The spare ammuntion storage feature in the left leg is cool, but is it anime accurate? I don't ever recall seeing it in the TV series/OVA/movies. Mind you, it's many years since I last watched any Patlabor.

Graham

The spare ammuntion storage feature in the left leg is cool, but is it anime accurate? I don't ever recall seeing it in the TV series/OVA/movies. Mind you, it's many years since I last watched any Patlabor.

The spare ammunition storage was featured in the first movie, during Noa's ride up the elevator in the Ark near the end, where she had to manually reload her Ingram's revolver cannon. Another question for those who already have it: does the left hand extend as well, just like the right one? I think this is shown in the TV episode involving the underground dragon (no really!).

Edited by todd77

I got mine from a local shop here in Singapore. When I take it out of the box by holding the body the joints feels loose but to realise it's the parts that is heavy, other then that everything is fine and feels solid.

Where did you get yours from? OverDrive STILL hasn't shipped mine citing delays in their shipment. Argh! How's the articulation of the toy? Any loose parts?