Hmm. I'm wondering if the arms are looking a touch worse than they actually are - if you look at the inset picture of the extended, gun-grabbing hand, it seems to be roughly level with where the unextended hand is in the main image. I'm wondering if the arms in the main image are swung forward a bit...?

This is kind of shoddy, but I took the lineart Todd77 posted and laid it over the Yamato. For reference, I used the tip of the feet as a starting point, and matched the shield on the chest.

It seems, according to the lineart, that the Yamato is much more squat.

So, take it for what it is...

Nice work! It seems that Yamato is almost spot on with the overall width and height. It's just that the individual proportions of the legs, arms, and body are a bit off for each, which adds up to the squat proportions. I also notice that the top portion (where the shoulder lights are located) of the body slants down quite a bit in the lineart. Either that or it's simply the body that's tilted downwards (or upwards) in the lineart (or the toy).

So does anyone know if this $280 monster is gonna come with a shotgun variant hands and some other cool accessories to help justify the huge ass price tag?

No shotgun afaik. None of the pics from Yamato have shown Ingram Unit 1 with it. Perhaps when they remold it for Unit 2, then they'll throw in the shotgun. It's Ota's weapon of choice when piloting Unit 2 in the Oshii films anyway.

Hands are articulated so no need for alternate ones. The figure will have the cable from the crotch and the stun stick. The revolver cannon will also have loadable rounds.

A larger pic in final colours w/o watermark.

2925609159_1dd17cec53_o.jpg

Edited by IXTL

So far the 28,000 yen came from one source (cybergundam) from Hong Kong and I can't find any other more official source so it can be wrong.

The 1/12 Scope Dogs has been going half-price at hobbysearch for a long time and they are still not sold out. Yamato may be making the same mistakes here - oversize and overprice.

That's an absurd price... the Scopedogs were costly, but for the most part either were worth it, or were easy to find good deals on... but with the initial cost of these, even when you find deals they'll be too much. I usually consider $200 the max I'd spend on any one premium toy... the only thing I've EVER gone up to $300 for one toy was my TF Brave Maximus, and that's a three foot tall transformer that forms a CITY.

$418 aussie dollars before shipping?!?!?!?!

Man there is no toy in the WORLD I like that much!

It's even more now (someone forgot to deploy the parachute on the dollar).

But just think, you WILL get that special Yamato shafted feeling and what toy collector could pass that up <_< (at this price they may have finally put some Vaseline in with the figure)

As much as I'd love to have this figure, the CMS is good enough for me right now. I'd rather spend my money on the new ride armor beagle. Any flaws that toys has in final apearance I can forgive because of the impossible nature of the actual design. But really its not that hard to not make a toy that never was intended to transform at least line art accurate. And I don't remember the animation being that inconsistent, but I am more a fan of the movies than the actual show, so I could be wrong.

Yamato 1/24 Ingram Unit 1

Wonderfully detailed piece but ultimately the price, size and proportions make it a no go for me.

With the shoulders posed and angled the way they are, it does make the Ingram seem less stumpy and a whole lot more burly than the full frontal shot posted earlier, at least to my eyes. Kind of reminds me of the exaggerated proportions of the Ingram that was shown during the midway parts of the TV or OVA episodes (can't remember which).

Edit: I also noticed the diecast parts used for the ball joints on the ankles, hips, waist and arms as shown in the red-colored breakdown parts. Half the shins are also diecast.

Edited by todd77