REALITY CHECK:

All 1/12 Votoms by Yamato are based on the original Scopedog design with changes only in head/legs/weapons. No Fatty, Turtles or Beetles since 2004.

And as much as we'd like to see a Hargun or E=X G, the 1/15 Garlands are basically paint variants except for the improved tooling on the Proto G.

So... can we expect more from Yamato's 1/24 Patlabors besides the OVA/TV/Movie1&2/CLAT variants?

"Macross is Yamato's Gundam." :-)

Damn, that was harsh.

I don't think I could afford a whole Patlabor line in 1/24 anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
New pic of what I suppose is Kotobukiya's Hannibal kit:

post-1187-1215081495_thumb.jpg

Yes! More Patlabor goodness from Kotobukiya, and in 1/72! It might be the UN Variant of the Labour shown in the movie (It says PKO: Peace Keeping Operations) yet who knows.

Edited by Noyhauser

I got a box of the CM Patlabor series 2 and didn't get any rares.

The Hanibal is crying out for a 1/35 version. The front of it doesn't look sloped enough compared with the movie.

Should see someone I know at Kotobukiya in a few weeks, will try and see if I can get any details of anymoer Patlabor models coming out. Would love a type-0 and HAL-X10.

Does it require assembly and painting? With toy companies calling their toys "kits" I don't know what to expect anymore.

The Kotobukiya are snap-fit partially molded in color. They are releasing Patlabor and Ghost in a Shell in 1/72 as part of their mechanical series models. Very nice kits.

Does it require assembly and painting? With toy companies calling their toys "kits" I don't know what to expect anymore.

Yes, though somewhat less than a typical Hasegawa kit. HLJ claims the kits need glue, but they fit fairly well without it; It was possible to get a decent model without alot of work on the Jigabachi, but not the Hellhound because of its cockpit, among other things.

My guess is that the Hannibal would be closer to the Jiga in regards to difficulty. Its still a model, though less difficult than the standard kind.

Olivers: you can tell your friend that alot of people really like the line, and I'd love to see more of it. Their choices have been great, and I'm on pins and needles to see what they come up with next.

The Kotobukiya are snap-fit partially molded in color. They are releasing Patlabor and Ghost in a Shell in 1/72 as part of their mechanical series models. Very nice kits.

Yes, though somewhat less than a typical Hasegawa kit. HLJ claims the kits need glue, but they fit fairly well without it; It was possible to get a decent model without alot of work on the Jigabachi, but not the Hellhound because of its cockpit, among other things.

My guess is that the Hannibal would be closer to the Jiga in regards to difficulty. Its still a model, though less difficult than the standard kind.

Olivers: you can tell your friend that alot of people really like the line, and I'd love to see more of it. Their choices have been great, and I'm on pins and needles to see what they come up with next.

Thank you, guys. Gotta think about it. I'm not very familiar with the Hannibal, but I like that sculpt quite a bit.

Has anyone gotten CM's Patlabor Trading Figures Series 2? Is there a chase/secret figure in this set?

The chase figure is a variant of the little red drone from the first movie with its little head disc raised up instead of flush with the body.

Hannibal (Kotobukiya 1/72 scale)

Release Date: November

Regular Price: 4,200 yen

Height approx 135mm

source : http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10074596

Wow that looks great in color. Two of those and there goes that months model budget.

Edit: Hope to see the helldiver in the same scale.

Edited by Fly4victory

Edit: Hope to see the helldiver in the same scale.

That would be great, but I wonder if Bandai still has an exclusive licence for it.

I see a HAL-X from Kotobukiya in the future, then it would be even more tragic not to have a Helldiver in the same scale. On the other hand, nobody would notice the difference anyway...

That would be great, but I wonder if Bandai still has an exclusive licence for it.

I see a HAL-X from Kotobukiya in the future, then it would be even more tragic not to have a Helldiver in the same scale. On the other hand, nobody would notice the difference anyway...

I don't think the license is exclusive to Bandai, the Helldiver is available as a Revoltech. I would not mind seeing the Hannibal as a Revoltech also.

If the series of models does well hope to see the command and control Spider Tank, the improved F-16 and F-15s from Patlabor 2.

Thanks! Got any pics?

Sorry... it's packed away with the rest of my Patlabor stuff right now (until they rotate back into display). Just look at the attached pic and imagine the little black-rimmed disc at the top raised about a quarter-inch on a tiny, clear plastic rod.

post-692-1216310812_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I never managed to see my friend from Kotobukiya, he was at San Diego Comic Con rather than Star Wars Celebration Japan.

Got some nice goodies though:

http://www.antweight.co.uk/temp/2008japan/...es/DSCF4895.htm

New 1/48 Snowspeeder from Fine Molds. Yes I know it's OT

Sorry about the low res pics:

http://www.antweight.co.uk/temp/2008japan/...es/DSCF1612.htm

through to

http://www.antweight.co.uk/temp/2008japan/...es/DSCF1622.htm

In the window of the Kaiyodo store in Akihabara. The Brocken must have been about 1/35.

All the models apart from the Revoltech line looked fan built rather than being mass produced. Yes, I was tempted to run off with the HAL X-10

http://www.antweight.co.uk/temp/2008japan/...es/DSCF1616.htm

http://www.antweight.co.uk/temp/2008japan/...es/DSCF1617.htm

Was really hard to get photos as you weren't supposed to take them so had to use my small camera and not look too suspicious.

On the Japanese modellling site mentioned way above the HAL-X10 is from a kit, these are really rare now and I've only ever seen 1 on ebay. Even then it was pulled as the bids didn't go high enough. They might show up on Yahoo Japan Auctions but never check them out. I think it is unlikely that anyone will ever do a model of this.

I would love the Roadrunner from Patlabor 2, just the traffic police car with extendable legs.

Just ordered 2 of the Hannibals from HLJ

Pictures of the new Ingrams from Wave and Yamato. Apologies for the watermarks but I just uploaded the ones I'm using for my site. The Yamato one looked pretty good, I thought. Check out the link in my sig for my Wonderfest coverage.

post-22-1217856670_thumb.jpgpost-22-1217856703_thumb.jpg

The Yamato Ingram torso look kind the strange with a gap there. Mmm...

is that Yamatos IXTL?

No its Wave Corp's W.H.A.M. (Wave High Action Model) Ingram. I think it's supposed to contain some die-cast.

Yamato's looks much better. The sculpting on Yamato's looks similar to the Bandai MG series imo. Unfortunately it has somewhat Gorilla-ish proportions and the huge 12 inch size is also a turn-off for me.

So far, I still prefer CM's Ingram among the three toy companies. Decent sized, lots of die-cast, nice sculpting and the option of switching between Units 1 and 2/3. EDIT: And the working lights are lovely too! The biggest turn-off for the CM's Ingram is the high price tag.

Edited by IXTL