I think this is part and parcel of the modern toy collecting hobby. It's hardly any different from Yamato's playbook... Make something desirable, repaint it, exclusive it, reissue a non-exclusive version, improve it, abandon the line-up for an even BETTER design... etc :-)

We as the customers simply have to decide how much our wallets can take.

Personally, I would absolutely LOVE to own every iteration of the CM's Ingram, but that's just financially insane. Having already splurged on their 'musical chairs scam' to equip 3 TV-series Ingrams, the most I can see myself going is to (eventually) own the P2 movie line-up as well.

The reactive armor looks cheap. I thought the jacket was going to be made of padded fabric. that's great, the choice is easier, go with the OVA red shoulder version.

Coloured pic of Wave's WHAM Ingram 1.

pop98avft2.jpg

http://www.hobby-wave.com/wf2008/

Should be on display at Wonderfest Winter 08 this Sunday.

Based on this pic and the grey resin proto pic released some months ago, I'm liking the Brave Gokin version a lot more at the moment. It also looks like the WHAM Ingram won't have optional parts to create Units 2 and 3 which is a big minus in my book. The only good thing so far is the price, 3000yen cheaper than the Brave Ingrams.

Edited by IXTL

With its background in highly detailed garage kits, the WHAM Ingram should be an excellent display model... diametrically opposite to the CM's 90s-style DX toy-design. My only experience with WHAM so far is the essentially gimmickless 1/24 Tachi-Yellow. It's nice to look at but it sure does feel HOLLOW for the price. The 9800yen Ingram may have some diecast but probably no more proportionately to that found in the WHAM SDF-1. IIRC, the follow-up WHAM Helldiver will not have any diecast.

Pics of Wave Corp's WHAM Ingram Unit 1 at Wonderfest winter 08.

ap20080225012915854ze7.th.jpgap20080225012910987jpgifi3.th.jpg

Still prefering the Brave Gokins. The head sculpt on the WHAM looks wonky but I like that there are no exposed screws. I wonder what material they've used for the joint sheathings.

Edited by IXTL

lol. Every toy company seems to have their hands on the Patlabor license atm.

33cm is ridiculously huge. It better be tricked out with lights, fancy cockpit opening mechanism details etc if it's going to be so big. Based on the line art, it looks like it will have articulated fingers and according to the magazine scan, it will be ABS and PVC construction only.

Regardless, I shall be patiently awaiting my pre-ordered Brave Gokin 14 P2 Ingram whose release date has apparently been pushed back to a late March.

Edited by IXTL

From the molded-look of the creases, the shrouds are most likely to be rubber/PVC. And BTW, 33cm tall 1/24 Ingram coming from YAMATO:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-54795-1-2.html

Link courtesy of Runaphen on TBDX.

Gawd, do you remember when it was actually possible to own every Patlabor toy ever made? It was about six months ago! :)

I would love a Labor that size to go with my Bandai DX toy, and I would love even more to have some pilot figures for it. I might just wait for the almost inevitable Unit 2 just so I can have Ota to go with it... :)

WHAM looks pretty good, but whats up with that head sculpt?

My first reaction was: Oh no, what BIG eyes you have! WAVE has gone 'moe' on Patlabor. :D

But seriously, it looks like a combination of too-light a tint on a too-big visor, and possibly trying to squeeze in a movable lens gimmick ala 'MG Zakus'. Still... it's not the final product, so there's hope yet for a spiffy display model. But with my 'investment' in the CM's 1/4x scale series, I'd probably wait and get one of those HEUG Yamato Ingrams instead.

Surprised nobody has posted about this yet.

The new April issues of Dengeki Hobby Magazine and Hobby Japan Magazine, feature CAD lineart of Yamato's upcoming 1/24 scale (33cm tall) Patlabor Ingram #1 toy.

Could this be the ultimate Ingram that surpasses even CM's worthy effort? Wait and see.

Graham

post-11-1204293528_thumb.jpg

post-11-1204293674_thumb.jpg

My Patlabor collection could always use a few more Ingrams, but I have to say, I'm starting to think of them the same way I tend to think of VF-1s... "What... again?" I love the vinyl collection we've been getting with a lot of the "filler" labors to go with the CM's line, and I'd like to see some labors beyond the Ingrams and Griffon get a more "deluxe" release. The Revoltech Helldiver was a welcome addition, and there are some cool military labors from both movies.

I tells ya... whatever company can keep the new labors comin' has got my dollars.

Has anyone heard whether Yamato's using the movie or TV versions as the basis?

Edited by Penguin

My Patlabor collection could always use a few more Ingrams, but I have to say, I'm starting to think of them the same way I tend to think of VF-1s... "What... again?" I love the vinyl collection we've been getting with a lot of the "filler" labors to go with the CM's line, and I'd like to see some labors beyond the Ingrams and Griffon get a more "deluxe" release. The Revoltech Helldiver was a welcome addition, and there are some cool military labors from both movies.

I tells ya... whatever company can keep the new labors comin' has got my dollars.

Has anyone heard whether Yamato's using the movie or TV versions as the basis?

It's the movie version of Ingram 1, it says so on the poster displayed at wondefest so it's not a rumour or nowt.

The poster in question,

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/wonfest/...C_9393.jpg.html

Edited by Fort Max

If they make a Helldiver in 1/24 scale I'll have to give this new line a second look, and if they make the AL97S I won't even think once, let alone twice.

post-664-1204319981_thumb.jpg

Amen to that.