I'm not a Patlabor expert by any means, but have always loved the mecha.

I can't seem to find a difference between the Movie and TV versions of Ingram 1. Can someone enlighten me?

Also, are the only differences between Ingrams 1, 2 and 3 just the heads (a la VF-1 Valkyries)?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the only real difference of Movie 1 and TV's Ingram 1 is the colour of the antenna (grey and brownish yellow). Differences between each Ingrams are the heads and shoulders. Interestingly, I think in Movie 3, Ingram 1 had gloves. As to why, no real idea. Originally I thought it was an animation error when I saw it on the big screen, haha.

Frankly I'm not too impressed with CM's Ingrams, they look rather outdated. =/ The price is a bit much, too. Guess I'll just stick with the MG kits.

If I remember correctly, the only real difference of Movie 1 and TV's Ingram 1 is the colour of the antenna (grey and brownish yellow). Differences between each Ingrams are the heads and shoulders. Interestingly, I think in Movie 3, Ingram 1 had gloves. As to why, no real idea. Originally I thought it was an animation error when I saw it on the big screen, haha.

Ahh, got it. Thanks!

Looks like the head swapping's achievable on CM's Ingram gokins, but the shoulders, if they're supposed to be different, don't appear "swappable."

Doesn't look too poseable, tho I'm just probably spoiled by those Revoltechs.

exactly. the Kaiyodo's make this thing look "chunky" too. whole thing just looks sort of hokey.

but I'd love to see more pics of the thing other than the low-res press release stuff so time will tell if it turns out to be a nice piece or not.

I think someone said it was 1/48. I've wanted a decent toy version of an ingram for ages, and no revoltechs don't count!

dude... you're drooling over this thing and you dissed the Revoltech? are you really a Patlabor fan? :p I've had just about every Patlabor toy they make and the Revoltechs are awesome. nothing prior to them even comes close to the sculpt, poseability and craftsmanship. they're really nice toys if you don't mind the size.

Edited by Poonman

Frankly I'm not too impressed with CM's Ingrams, they look rather outdated. =/ The price is a bit much, too. Guess I'll just stick with the MG kits.

Japanese police officers wear white gloves. Perhaps thats the reason?

The price is high, but these things are meant to be mostly metal.

exactly. the Kaiyodo's make this thing look "chunky" too. whole thing just looks sort of hokey.

but I'd love to see more pics of the thing other than the low-res press release stuff so time will tell if it turns out to be a nice piece or not.

dude... you're drooling over this thing and you dissed the Revoltech? are you really a Patlabor fan? :p I've had just about every Patlabor toy they make and the Revoltechs are awesome. nothing prior to them even comes close to the sculpt, poseability and craftsmanship. they're really nice toys if you don't mind the size.

I own the revoltech, and while it can pull of some cool extreme poses the way the shoulders and legs are jointed are annoying. Generally speaking I hate small, and i hate things made out of crappy plastic, and the revoltechs are both. This thing is metal, has a detailed cockpit and lights up.

Also, are the only differences between Ingrams 1, 2 and 3 just the heads (a la VF-1 Valkyries)?

Thanks!

With the exception of the second movie where Ingram 3 has ECM antennas built into its head, the only difference is the head and shoulder armour design

OT: These figures don't seem to be worth the cost. Might still pick one up in Akihabara in April through if I get the chance to look at one properly

With the exception of the second movie where Ingram 3 has ECM antennas built into its head, the only difference is the head and shoulder armour design

So is there a reason why the ingram 3 has no visor?

:huh:

So is there a reason why the ingram 3 has no visor?

:huh:

I'm not sure really since unit 3 in Patlabor 2 has a visor. It might be the case that the TV Series version also had ECM since all the antennas on the head are larger so the main visor may have been removed for the extra components. Can anyone back me up on this as I'm not sure if this is true *needs to watch the Griffon eps again* :ph34r:

Edited by Valkyrie Nut

Hmm, I've no real idea actually, don't recall the reason why it had no visor. It's odd, because in the Patlabor game for PS1 that takes place after the end of the TV series, SVU-2 creates a third team for Ingram 3. Eventually its head gets smashed and replaced with what's seen in Patlabor 2.

• 1 month later...

Judging on the price and the fact they may be around 6 inches tall, might there actually be 2 ingrams per box. The tyrant's price is less than 5000 yen. yes, I know lights and all but its interesting that the little shot of the accessories shows all the spare hands and guns but not a shot of spare heads and shoulders. we'll unless you have a only one time to decide what ingram you want to have and you just put the stickers on the shoulders :unsure:

Judging on the price and the fact they may be around 6 inches tall, might there actually be 2 ingrams per box. The tyrant's price is less than 5000 yen. yes, I know lights and all but its interesting that the little shot of the accessories shows all the spare hands and guns but not a shot of spare heads and shoulders. we'll unless you have a only one time to decide what ingram you want to have and you just put the stickers on the shoulders :unsure:

Unfortunately it'll only be one Ingram per box, this is because:

a) Diecast metal parts

b) Weapons and option pieces

c) Big display base modelled on the maintenance dock form the show

d) Working lights as you mentioned, and most importantly

e) CM's is just expensive in general

Edited by Fort Max

• 3 weeks later...

This is now out in HK. Haven't had a chance to see it yet, but Noel called me to say he'd seen it.

I'm in the market for a high-end Patlabor toy, but online pics I've seen so far are not wowing me as much as I'd hoped as the white plastic looks really cheap in the photos.

Have to see it in person before I decide.

Graham

Look very impressive overall but I think the grey velvet joint covers are a bit too fiddly, they make the whole toy look a bit weak.

I agree. I used to like Bandai Ingram mod that had cloth from black umbrella (compared to rubber).

Joint covers look a bit fuzzy, although I am not quite sure if it is...

Compared to the old Ingram toy, it looks incredible otherwise though.

If pilot seat slide down outside of the body, I might pay that price.

Oh, are there any cover parts for the screws?? I thought CMs toys had those.