On 9/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, electric indigo said:

That looks so good!

It was criminal of Bandai to drop their 1/35 Patlabor line before making the Zero.

You can always try tracking down some of Kaiyodo's old 1/35 vinyl kits, which can still be found for decent prices on Y! Auctions Japan. No articulation though. B-Clubs old 1/35 vinyl kits have some limited articulation, but are harder to find. You can see some of those kits in this picture of my stash:

IMG_1437.thumb.jpg.489e700304f0eb4d6f37d35f0caa8807.jpg

I snapped up my 1st of 3 helldivers. This is how it looks straight out of the box.

20210330_103604_HDR.thumb.jpg.73b13409b0859978f2fea21a47d51c38.jpg

The helldiver comes with prepainted head and foot parts in that military blue-ish gray, as well as pre-painted crotch for the orange / silver. You get two heads so can switch freely between commander and trooper.

It comes with 3 visors, 1 painted in blue, 1 in orange and 1 clear for customizers. The plastic is softer than typical bandai fair so nub marks are easier to get rid of, but on the flip side the plastic very easily shows stress marks. the brown parts are very poly-cap-like plastic. The Fit of the parts is pretty good except for the inner thighs that will require some gluing and clamping to really get rid of the unisightly gaps.

I was really impressed that the kit has full-color instructions but funny enough they're only in Japanese which while not a problem for me could be for others that can't read. Maybe the US-version will have english instructions?

Anywho, Helldiver doesn't look too out of place next to the Side-Labor toys. The moderoid Ingram is pretty much 1:1 size of the Bandai Side labor Ingram so it'd look the same either way I guess.

20210330_103332_HDR.thumb.jpg.8dc57f2f8166e26e33bda7fa4ff75d9e.jpg

Can't wait to see what they bring out next :D

Edited by Duymon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People praise Patlabor films for being clever Mamoru Oshii drama/political/techothrillers but I would also like to praise Patlabor TV series as the best lighthearted mecha monster-of-the-week show of that period. It's that good.

Edited by uzernaem

14 minutes ago, uzernaem said:

People praise Patlabor films for being clever Mamoru Oshii drama/political/techothrillers but I would also like to praise Patlabor TV series as the best lighthearted mecha monster-of-the-week show of that period. It's that good.

Patlabor is my favorite mecha show not about the mecha

Patlabor on TV is probably the best written anime series I've ever seen (with "Planetes" a close second). It says something about the quality that even the recap episode is worth watching. And its always amused me that its just about the only anime I know of that when they finally got around to doing a hot springs episode (one of the "extra" OVA episodes, IIRC?) it focused on the male characters... :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who has the Yamato 1/24 Patlabor Ingrams, have the cloth joint coverings on your begun to disintegrate?  The fabric on mine appears to be "flaking" off, for lack of a better term.  The figure has just been stored out of the package but in a plastic tub all this time.  Rarely moved or posed it at all.

Is this happening to anyone else's toy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Are there any lineart drawings out there of the Patlabor military cargo transport jet from the original movie? Or are there are any other versions from the TV series? (Which I haven't watched yet). Other than the opening sequence footage for the movie, I haven't seen a thing anywhere on the internet for it. I'm thinking of building it from another kit with a Helldiver being deployed out the back. Thank for for your help in advance! - MT

On 7/23/2021 at 2:59 PM, MechTech said:

Hey guys,

Are there any lineart drawings out there of the Patlabor military cargo transport jet from the original movie? Or are there are any other versions from the TV series? (Which I haven't watched yet). Other than the opening sequence footage for the movie, I haven't seen a thing anywhere on the internet for it. I'm thinking of building it from another kit with a Helldiver being deployed out the back. Thank for for your help in advance! - MT

If that is the 4-engined transport jet, page 45 in Patlabor Perfect Establishment Data Vol. 3 (and page 26 for the Helldiver + parachute). Unfortunately only threequarter front and rear drawings, no side or top/bottom views, and the art is shown pretty small in the book.