• 3 weeks later...

I got my Ingram recently and I absolutely LOVE this ThreeA figure. Aside from the limited ankle movement everything else feels perfect from joint tightness to heft. I love the light gimmick on the shoulders and the cloth between the joints. If this is a good representation of the kind of quality ThreeA brings to the table, I'll be buying more of their figures.

13 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I got my Ingram recently and I absolutely LOVE this ThreeA figure. Aside from the limited ankle movement everything else feels perfect from joint tightness to heft. I love the light gimmick on the shoulders and the cloth between the joints. If this is a good representation of the kind of quality ThreeA brings to the table, I'll be buying more of their figures.

I agree. So far my favourite interpretation of the AV-98. Hoping to see some more models, a type 0 would be a great addition!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Stemp Fester said:

Can anybody vouch for HiDive.com?  This seems to be the only streaming service with the Patlabor and Votoms series available and I've given up at this point trying to find either of them on dvd...

HiDive is Sentai’s streaming service, and is legit. Sentai used to be ADV back in the day. 

With regard to physical discs, both Patlabor and Votoms were released on blu-ray, if you can play those. For instance, the Patlabor Ultimate Collection is still available at Sentai’s site, albeit on backorder right now.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/products/patlabor-the-mobile-police-ultimate-collection-blu-ray

I’ve been trying to convince myself about HIDIVE as well. I’m not really wanting to pay for another service, but I’m more of a classic anime guy. I especially love 80’s and 90’s stuff. And really love mecha. The new anime just feels a bit dull to a guy like me and anything with cool mecha seems rare these days.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, jenius said:

Are the Moderoids completed models? They look like toys which I like... but I thought they were models. I'm confused.

I believe they’re model kits you have to build and paint to look like they do in the sample photos.;)Btw, the helldivers are nice I would like to pick one up as I have some Bandai 1/35 kits built over the years.

Edited by Angesdad

The moderoids are model kits. I haven’t received my Patlabor stuff since they seem to be shipped by the slowest method ever, but they’re on the way. I did get the Escaflowne, several kits from Obsolete and I used dhl to get ED 209.  They do have a good amount of color separation and in some cases pre painted parts, like in the Escaflowne. With the ED 209, since it’s a much larger kit than the others it has ratcheted joints and even includes wires for a more realistic look. The Obsolete kits are the other end of the spectrum and are extremely tiny, but as far as patlabor they should be closer to the old Bandai kit size.

The joints on the Patlabor kits do look a little bit toyish, but not too bad. There are decals listed for things like markings, but I haven’t received mine yet to be able to make a comment. So far all the Moderoids I have have very small spots that would need color correction to look accurate if you don’t plan to paint them. They just seem to be smaller details and there are seam lines here and there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I never hardcore measured the side-labor ingrams from Bandai but based on this photo from this review the Moderoid and Bandai Side-Labors are extremely close in size so I'll just be skipping the Ingram 1,2,3 / zero / griffon and saturn/brocken (if they make em) since I got the side-labor versions already, and just pick up the Helldivers and eventual Peacemaker.

20210128225222.thumb.jpg.14729a8892556cf2a9d41439e7c9f381.jpg

Edited by Duymon