Not really. The hmr Roy had the extra stand with early purchase and other web exclusives like dr. Strange had an extra effect piece. Some others have had other extras as well ether as an early order or special edition. Even the bandai Gundam kits have done it with items like special markings.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

Not really. The hmr Roy had the extra stand with early purchase and other web exclusives like dr. Strange had an extra effect piece. Some others have had other extras as well ether as an early order or special edition. Even the bandai Gundam kits have done it with items like special markings.

Oh, sorry, what I meant in this case was that I had only heard of one release and one preorder, the Unit 2 with paintball guns and pitroad car. Then, when shopping around I found another release, also an exclusive, that seems to lack the pitroad car and paintball guns (can't swear on the paintball guns) but hit the streets at the same time. As you say, two versions itself isn't news but I just didn't know that was happening here. 

Did some Googling and here they are:
http://tamashii.jp/event/173/?wovn=en
http://tamashii.jp/item/11626/?lmode=en&wovn=en

So, mystery solved and excuse my poor research prior.
 "campaign version and the regular version is, commodity specifications and shipping month is the same"

I bought the pitroad car version... 'cause why not?

Edited by jenius

On 4/3/2017 at 10:30 PM, jenius said:

Oh, sorry, what I meant in this case was that I had only heard of one release and one preorder, the Unit 2 with paintball guns and pitroad car. Then, when shopping around I found another release, also an exclusive, that seems to lack the pitroad car and paintball guns (can't swear on the paintball guns) but hit the streets at the same time. As you say, two versions itself isn't news but I just didn't know that was happening here. 

Did some Googling and here they are:
http://tamashii.jp/event/173/?wovn=en
http://tamashii.jp/item/11626/?lmode=en&wovn=en

So, mystery solved and excuse my poor research prior.
 "campaign version and the regular version is, commodity specifications and shipping month is the same"

I bought the pitroad car version... 'cause why not?

Yeah, I thought I was getting the Unit 2 with command car but received the one without. I did get the command car with the Unit 1 though, so I'm not really gonna sweat it.

So is this still on the menu?  I wouldn't mind having one of the transports in the collection.

hs201603-22.jpg

Edited by Loop

It only took 40 days, but my Ingram finally came in via SAL (USPS ISC NY is THE WORST...literally took 2 days from JPN to USA, then 38 days from NYC to where I live in NJ...3 miles away)

The side labors are tiny as I expected since the Robot Damashii stuff is around the same size.

It's about the same size as the revoltechs and it pretty much 100% plastic except for the metal rods in the joints and the screws.

Articulation is very impressive, beating just about everything else out there including the revoltechs. All the joints are pretty solid and not floppy. Head articulation is the only gripe; the way the way the joint is set up dramatically limits horizontal movement.

Other downsides are that it feels very light and fragile and that small pieces like the antennae, shield and ankle guards pop off like crazy.

The size makes this figure even easier than the CM's for displaying in small spaces. The premium price though makes me wish it was a little bigger and had better head articulation.

Overall I'd rank these as:

BEST - CM's Brave Gohkin

2nd - Side Labor

3rd - CM's non Brave Gohkin

They are 1000x better than CM's non gohkin, but not as good bang per buck as the CM's Gohkin stuff.

Will have comparison pics tomorrow when I'm home from work :D

-Duy

WP_20170413_20_35_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.a8b60bf472449eb7a7e4d3d15cddee2a.jpgWP_20170413_20_35_51_Pro.thumb.jpg.7c7d028886d1d809cc3a3c0fd625c777.jpgWP_20170414_00_14_41_Pro.thumb.jpg.f9ac385546896c4cdd4511035ed7fdeb.jpgWP_20170413_20_27_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.26569eb761e85c40768e7415cce18514.jpgWP_20170413_20_32_03_Pro.thumb.jpg.b68b77e105d557e46ef479d86febf39c.jpgWP_20170413_20_04_12_Pro.thumb.jpg.9492c291c7d3d409ce88992f9a3f3abf.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Comparison pic vs Revoltech, CM's, 1/35 MG and 1/24 Yammy

WP_20170414_09_27_53_Pro.thumb.jpg.cb8e29719ce338bf33a765dff3fb4443.jpg

Revoltech is smaller than I remembered. Figure stands between revoltech and CM's for scale.

Side Labor fits in a weird spot. It's 2x the price of the revoltech and 1/2 the price of the Brave Gohkin.

Comparing the heads of the Side Labor to the Brave Gohkin I feel the rounded curves of the Gohkin look better, but that's just my opinion

WP_20170414_09_35_17_Pro.thumb.jpg.15d639b7dec65e1421ef1a25a9127f06.jpg

VS

WP_20170414_09_35_34_Pro.thumb.jpg.bd7316ab83610912f07901d295ccedea.jpg

1 hour ago, jenius said:

For anyone who missed the version 1 Yamato, there's one in Mandarake for a seemingly good price. 

not an awful price for Unit 1. The question is... does whoever buy it have the mental fortitude to search for Unit 2? O_o

Thanks for the scale comparison pic Duymon.

Looks like it'll be a pass for me, the size difference with the Brave Gokin is way too big and I'm just not liking this toyline enough to bother tracking the previous releases even if the zero looks really nice

2 hours ago, Frogze said:

Thanks for the scale comparison pic Duymon.

Looks like it'll be a pass for me, the size difference with the Brave Gokin is way too big and I'm just not liking this toyline enough to bother tracking the previous releases even if the zero looks really nice

Yeah, it's a bigger size difference than I thought. Even though I have a crapload of CM's I'll prolly collect this line. If you want a bunch of CM's stuff like Econo Ingrams, Brokens and even a Peacekeeper for super cheap lemme know lol.

Today I nabbed some flory's model wash and did a 5-minute black-line job on the main sections. Might consider doing the small rivets on the shoulders and knees later on.

The stand adapter was a great idea for this figure... BUUUUUT..... the stand connects to the back instead of the butt so it really limits what kind of poses you can do with the stand :(

Looks great when you do get a decent pose though :D

WP_20170414_20_09_48_Pro.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo, unit 2 finally came in. Customs only held it for 28 days :0

I think all unit 2's came with the paint guns and they're pretty underwhelming for exclusive accessories.

Was kinda surprised the riot gun doesn't have a moving stock, you need to parts-form it to have it deployed or stowed.

Otherwise great release :D

WP_20170428_15_23_55_Pro.thumb.jpg.bf82d0b8c316bbdcc0f3f375893f3ad0.jpgWP_20170428_16_36_55_Pro.thumb.jpg.472250d9986a306d01245abeeeca4f33.jpg

Edited by Duymon

On 4/28/2017 at 3:43 PM, Duymon said:

Woo Hoo, unit 2 finally came in. Customs only held it for 28 days :0

I think all unit 2's came with the paint guns and they're pretty underwhelming for exclusive accessories.

Was kinda surprised the riot gun doesn't have a moving stock, you need to parts-form it to have it deployed or stowed.

Otherwise great release :D

WP_20170428_15_23_55_Pro.thumb.jpg.bf82d0b8c316bbdcc0f3f375893f3ad0.jpgWP_20170428_16_36_55_Pro.thumb.jpg.472250d9986a306d01245abeeeca4f33.jpg

28 days in customs... ouch!! Glad your Patlabor's finally arrived, they look awesome! 

On 4/28/2017 at 1:43 PM, Duymon said:

Unfortunately not, oddly enough Bandai released two versions, one with the paint guns and another command car, and a cheaper version without the car and paint guns. Once again, very odd decision, even more strange, NY only offered the version without the car and paint guns, and yet both were web exclusives.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Unfortunately not, oddly enough Bandai released two versions, one with the paint guns and another command car, and a cheaper version without the car and paint guns. Once again, very odd decision, even more strange, NY only offered the version without the car and paint guns, and yet both were web exclusives.

From my understanding, the paint guns were a timed exclusive (i.e. Order before a certain date to get it) 

Hence the 2 versions. 

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Wow that's really odd O_o Bandai Fail.

On 4/30/2017 at 1:35 PM, anime52k8 said:

every time someone talks about patlabor I remember that I don't have a 1/24 scale Yamato version and it makes me sad. :(

The Ingram 1's pop up here and there on Madarake and Jungle. I think I got mine on YHA 2 yrs ago for 29800 yen which isn't awful. If you get one make sure you grab the pit-road 1/24 command car too. 

1/24 Yammy is still the best ever Ingram toy imho. My only complaint is the half-assed patlamp lights that don't look nearly as good as the Bandai 1/35 or the CM's Brave Gohkin

1 hour ago, Atheonyirh said:

The paintguns and command car were for having a ticket from buying unit 1 and sending it in as part of the order.

I can't recall if the paintguns were ever used on the actual ingrams. I only remember the training ingrams using them O_o.

Might have to re-watch the show..

hmm... training ingrams... THOSE would be a legit webshop awesome exclusive, not an iconic mecha like unit 2... that'd be almost as freaking retarded as Macross making Roy a webshop exclu....oh wait....nm

Edited by Duymon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...